main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Zelda Film Announced

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Gyro, May 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gyro

Gyro Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2004
    I've been looking around and found this place to be the best place to formaly announce my new and up coming Zelda project this summer. The script is nearing finishing and the costumes are half done. We've found locations and are working hard on fight choreography. Filming plans to start within the next month and hopefully will conclude by august. I will keep you all posted and will have some pictures up soon. Tell me your guy's ideas and what not, I would be very much abliged.

2. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    If you pull this off, and it doesn't suck, you will be my new hero.

Rick McCallum loves you!

3. General_Rieekan

General_Rieekan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    try to remain true to the spirit of the original game. if youve ever seen the 80s cartoon, think something like that, just not as cheesy. as well, try to stick with characters that people are familiar with from the games, dont invent new villians, itll just detract from the whole film...

that being said, i say good day and good luck...I.Say.Good.Day!

:D

4. fireresq7

fireresq7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    try to include the music of the game from the forrest...I loved that!!Maybe when you kill an enemy you should include some easter egg sounds from the original game!

~Rory

5. Gyro

Gyro Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2004
    I'm planning on using the music from the game (orchestrated version of course) and we're sticking as close to the game as possible, just our own story, like a spin off i suppose. Oh yes a new update is; the use of 11 horses is confirmed.

6. crazylegs1138

crazylegs1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 12, 2002
    Just curious, which game are you basing this off of? IMHO, Ocarina of Time seems like it would make the best film, but all of them would work if done right.

7. Bringer_of_Spiff

Bringer_of_Spiff Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 21, 2003
    If I'd ever make a Zelda fanfilm, I'd use CG and voice acting, but since you're not doing that, then good luck to you, you'll need it. :)

8. Goldleader23

Goldleader23 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 15, 2003
    Another vote for Ocarina of Time! :)

And, have any of you guys seen this?
    http://www.nintendo.com/gameminiav?gameid=54610f14-1826-4d46-9981-8f72874aee2e&anchor=avcontent-24075380-ce06-4c00-8

9. Gyro

Gyro Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2004
    Yep, Ocarina of Time is what its based off. Or atleast the characters.

10. Goldleader23

Goldleader23 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 15, 2003
    Cool! Looking forward to it.

11. fireresq7

Oct 24, 2002
    I couldn't help but get a LOTR feel from watching that clip...Are you intending to make it like LOTR or will Link be on his own quest?

Maybe you can make him as nimble as legolas!!!

~Rory

12. Tech_Krill

Tech_Krill Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2004
    *sigh*

This makes 3 Zelda films...and I thought I was the first *grumble*

Also what sucks is that I wanted mine to be the first Legends of Zelda movie...of course, I have no doubt that mine'll be very good (shamless I tell ya...) but I still would've liked to be the first...

Anyway, ours won't be starting filming until later this year, at the earliest...pre-production is going on sort of now...but we're not going to focus on it until we get most of Revenge of the Sith out of the way.

*sigh* oh well, Good luck I guess :)

13. billdoe1138

billdoe1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2004
    Holy crap thats freaking sweet.
    I hope you can pull it off, good luck.

14. Gyro

Gyro Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2004
    here is a web page link to some of the costumes and props (not link's yet sorry) http://groups.msn.com/almighty-clan/zeldaprops.msnw?Page=Last

15. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    Props are pretty, but don't really have that Zelda feel to them. You have the hero shield and green hat done? Those are some of the most characteristic pieces.

16. _Vengeance_

_Vengeance_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    And here's the other Zelda film checking in!

First things first, welcome to the boards. We're glad to have ya here! And I wish you luck with the film. As with Krill's film, mine isn't the highest of priorities at the moment, and I don't have anywhere near the amount of money that it would take to make the film as good as I would want it to be. We also had planned on using the Original Orchestrated soundtrack for the film, seeing as it is precisely what Koji Kondo wanted all the songs to sound like. We also some other neato stuff planned for it, but right now it's more of a lucid dream than anything.

Anyways, I checked over the props, and I have to agree with the last poster, they don't really have that Zelda feel to them. The sword could maybe get by, if you had your film take place after Link placed the Master Sword back in the Temple of Time at the end of Ocarina of Time (locking the Sword Chamber) and grew up using a different sword. But the sword still doesn't carry that kind of fantasy look that is so particular to the Zelda universe.

Well, again, I wish you luck with this, and I hope your film turns out well!

Cheers!
    -Derycke

17. Gyro

Gyro Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2004
    Hey thanks for the replies you guys. Well to answer some of the last comments: This sword isnt intended for "Link's Sword" it will probably be an extra or a one of the villains. As I said before link's costume isnt finished yet and we will have his hat and sheild, we do have another sword on the way the relates to the master sword much more than this other one. I'll keep you all posted.

18. Puzzler2000

Puzzler2000 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 8, 2002
    Oh, don't worry, a Master Sword is physically possible.

http://www.smitesoftware.com/images/Sword3.JPG
    http://p082.ezboard.com/fpropreplicasfrm35.showMessage?topicID=216.topic

Though a similar one with the triforce on it should do the trick.
    I've heard you can make prop swords easily out of automotive leafs. You may want to look into that.

About the film, sounds interesting and judging from the use of horses, you seem to be attempting OOT. It will be awesome to see Link galiantly riding Epona across the fields of Hyrule.

Also, what creatures will you be attempting? Zoras would be simple, but complex ones such as Gorrons or Gannon (pig version) would be more difficult. Or perhaps you're using CGI for those.

BTW, your MSN site is down for me.

19. fireresq7

Oct 24, 2002
    WOW it cost him 3000 rupies! Oh I mean dollars.
    **crawls back inside hole**
    ~Rory

20. Gyro

Gyro Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2004
    We've got plenty of Zoras to do, umm... we're trying to make it as real as possible so some of the other creatures may be left out. (not to great with cgi) but other than that we're still working out some minor details.

about the msn site, i'll check it out and try to identify the problem.

21. link64PD

link64PD Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2001
    I thought Brandon was making the Zelda film. :(

22. LtlLake

LtlLake Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 2003
    What are you shooting on? What format/camera?

-Laker

p.s. Huge Zelda fan here, don't screw this one up buddy ;)

23. Gyro

Gyro Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2004
    I've got a pretty standard mini dv camera. its a jvc-dr310 if youre looking for details, I've got premiere pro to edit it on and other forms of everything. But when its done hopefully i can host it here.

24. Tech_Krill

Tech_Krill Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2004
    JVC!?

*falls over choking and sputtering*

:p

[EDIT: Just for kicks, I tried to look up your camera...jvc-dr310 doesn't seem to exist as nothing came up in Google or the JVC website... ??]

25. Gyro

Gyro Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2004
    oops my bad, its a gr-dvL310. sorry about the misunderstanding.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.