main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Zelda:Ocarina of Time released on GC

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by MysticTrunks01, Feb 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    For those of you that pre-ordered Wind Walker and get the free OoT and the Master Quest, you might wanna see if you can pick it up yet. I just picked up mine copy of OoT today from Funco Land. Just a heads up.

2. pinata242

pinata242 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    You are so correct, Mike. It's odd being so excited about getting a game I already have and have beaten numerous times. Now, Ura-Zelda... Ohhhh yeah, that'll be fun. If you're not sure if this game is worth anything, be sure that it's selling for $70 outside of this "free" offer. Plus, it comes in a nice case that looks just like any other GC game with instructions and a Wind-Waker preview. Just get it. Don't have a GameCube? Buy one and get Metroid Prime for free! You'll be happy you did.

Picked up mine at TRU yesterday with no problem. I was worried since I was waiting until the 2/16 pre-order date and then I found out all previous orders would get the bonus as well (which is completely fair). But then I found out that it was possible I wouldn't get a copy on 2/16 since the stores would go back to all the previous reservations and handle them first.

AS IF THIS IS SOME KIND OF FAIR QUEUE?!?! FIRST COME FIRST SERVE, I SAY! SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST! DARWINISM!

Anyway, I decided I'd have to go to the place least frequented by possible GameCube owners, much less pre-buyers. The Toys R Us at 21st. Yup. Walked in and walked out. They just had them on display for the taking.

On a side note, I'll never understand requiring a $15 deposit on a $50 game but refusing to accept the full balance of the sale at that time. So, now, I have to come back with $35 in a month. Nice financial move, Toys R Us. Just take the money, invest it, and don't trouble us. The yield (edit: i before e!) I'd see on that $35 is nothing in this market. They, however, could make a good bank on that with the amount of pre-sells going on for this game. Already over 250,000 copies (before the actual bonus started). Could it be the first game to go platinum before release? Talk about a GameCube unit pusher. :)

3. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    So far i've only been playing the first one, i forgot how much i loved this game hehe. although i still need to finish FFX finally about half way threw that one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.