main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Zelda - The Game that Reinvented Gaming

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by Suzuki_Akira, Dec 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suzuki_Akira

Suzuki_Akira Jedi Master star 7

May 13, 2003
    I didn't see a Zelda thread, so I'd make my own. This is the thread for everything Zelda, especially the new game coming out.

Sorry, but this isn't really the forum for it.

2. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I have the very old Legend of Link for the old gameboy. Great game, and I've been meaning to pick it up and play it sometime. I think that it was probably my first real fantasy experience.

3. BaSSiL_Claus

BaSSiL_Claus Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 8, 2004
    Will this thread have lengthy discussions on the Zelda games for the Phillips CD-I?

4. crestfallen

crestfallen Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2003
    Zelda is purty cool. I like Zelda II the best. Subscribed to Nintendo Power to get the Zelda collector's edition disc. I beat Zelda II twice so far on the gamecube, don't know how many times I beat it on original Nintendo.

I have Windwaker but I've yet to play it.

5. Suzuki_Akira

Suzuki_Akira Jedi Master star 7

May 13, 2003
    Wind Waker was a good game, beating it was excellent. The Phillips games are never to be mentioned in this thread. Never.

What about the new Zelda coming?

6. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    I have loved every Zelda game. My rankings:

Ocarina of Time
    A Link to the Past
    Windwaker
    The Adventure of Link
    Link's Awakening
    Majora's Mask
    Four Swords Adventure
    The Legend of Zelda

The new one is scheduled for release on March 16th.

7. BaSSiL_Claus

BaSSiL_Claus Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 8, 2004
    This is the thread for everything Zelda

And then you ban the CD-I games from being mentioned? :eek:

To the post before me:

That's like saying that all AU Gundams aside from Turn-A aren't really Gundam because Tomino had no part in making them. Phillips acquired the license to make those games from Nintendo and are thus actual Zelda games.

8. cal_silverstar

cal_silverstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    The Philips CD-i Zelda's are not true Zeldas, since Shigeru Miyamoto had nothing to do with them. I agree, they are not worthy of mention.

My rankings (of the ones I've played):

1. A Link to the Past- Perfect balance of action, awesome and numerous dungeons, tough bosses, great puzzle solving, going back and forth between light and dark worlds! Can't gush enough!!

2. Ocarina of Time- Beautiful Zelda in 3-D. Incredible dungeons. The Forest and Spirit Temples are the best. The Water Temple hurt my brain, but somehow I figured it out. For all your cool fighting abilities, there was not enough enemies for me.

3. The original- for obvious reasons. "Go North, West, South, West through the Forest of Maze" and "Digdogger hates loud noise"

4. The Adventure of Link- Fun, action oriented and sidescrolling. Link's shadow as final boss was memorable.

5.Link's Awakening- Almost beat this one. But I had to give back the Game Boy I was borrowing.

Currently working on Wind Waker. Only problem I have so far is all the sailing, too much scavenger hunting and not enough dungeons. I love the animation, though.

Haven't played:

Majora's Mask, Oracle of Seasons, Oracle of Ages, Four Swords.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.