main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Zeldafan's Lounge

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Mace_Windo, Apr 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mace_Windo

Mace_Windo Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2001
    Any other Zeldafans out there??? Meet here :D

2. Mace_Windo

Aug 31, 2001
    Thought i would posts some pics...
    (NOTE:Thes are from zeldapower.com)
    Link
    [image=http://www.zeldapower.com/images/artwork/ts/z5.gif]
    Sheik
    [image=http://www.zeldapower.com/images/artwork/screenshot4.jpg]

3. Darth-Dug

Darth-Dug Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2002
    Hey Mace Iam a huge fan of Zelda.
    Cool pics.

4. tenorjedi

tenorjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 17, 2000
    I loved everything except Zelda II (waste of my money) and Majora's Mask.

3 out of 5 isn't bad.

5. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    I'm a big Zelda fan.

Cel shading, I'm not so confident about though, The next zelda game could turn out naff.

6. Mace_Windo

Aug 31, 2001
  7. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    I go to that Hyrule one.

Oh drat, It's closed down.

There was this Open Zelda creator thing that they hosted, that was cool.

8. Mace_Windo

Aug 31, 2001
  9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    As you can probably tell from my username I'm a big Zelda fan (and if you can't, you don't deserve to call yourself one!;;D)

yeah, it seems www.htloz.com was shut down, which sucks cause it was the best one.

www.zeldapower.com ain't too bad though- at least they have the old Zelda cartoons up for download::)

As for the cel-shading on the GCN Zelda, I think that if you ignore the character design of Link (since they are changing it..hopefully it'll look more like the artwork of Link in manuals and boxart, etc) the game looks like a "3D" version of A Link to the Past, which is still, IMO, the greatest Zelda game, so it's looking pretty good from what I can tell.

"In a time far more ancient than recorded history, the Gods of Power, Wisdom, and Courage descended from the heavens to the world that was and created order & life. Din, The God of Power, brought land through mountains and fire. Nayru, The God of Wisdom, brought order to nature through science and wizardry, while Farore, The God of Courage, through justice and vigor, brought life.
    When their work was complete, the Gods departed from the world. They left behind a golden artifact that was a symbol of their strength and, through its essence, would guide the intelligent life of the world- the Triforce."

10. obi_wan_kanathan

obi_wan_kanathan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2001
    I love Zelda. It's the next best thing to Star Wars. I've played every game and the only one I didn't like was Zelda 2. I even liked Majora's Mask though it was too short for my tastes.

11. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    The orginal and the N64 run were great. I'm a little weary of the cel-shaping for the GC title but I'll hold my judgment until see some more of the game.

12. Mace_Windo

Aug 31, 2001
    seems that nobody likes Zelda 2...

13. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    It had it's moments. I just didn't like the whole side scrolling thing. The whole FF type map walking and random encounters didn't do anything for me either. I bet this is where FF got the idea from.

14. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    Didn't FF and Dragon Warrior come out on the NES before Zelda II? Anyway heres a Zelda pic for your thread.

[image=http://pws.prserv.net/namtrah/Zelda.jpg]
    People scare me somethimes

-----signature-----
    "Rabid Balding Ewok, you make me sick.
    If there was an enemies list, you'd be on mine."
    [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

:::*::(^^) :(^^) :::::::
    ::::::/::::^^:::::\ ::*::
    :::::/###-^^-##I :::::
    : *:.l##/(*)# (*)\\:::::
    :::/##(###.00#)#I ::::
    ::(___/#*#(XXX)/__) ::
    ::/000{{{{www}}}}\:: Ewoks Will Eat You!

15. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    Did it? I don't remember I was like 4 or 5 when the second Zelda came out. I didn't get into the FF games until SNES Just the same it didn't work in Zelda 2.

16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I always enjoyed Zelda 2, mainly for it's challenge, it's still the most difficult Zelda game to beat. It was also, at the time, mind blowingly huge.

I mean, first you had the gauntlet maze that was death mountain, then you end up exploring a huge continent, and just when you think your almost nearing the end- there's a whole second continent to explore! Man that rocked. The game's story was also the first to introduce the true "Legend of Zelda" subplot as well.

17. obi_wan_kanathan

obi_wan_kanathan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2001
    [face_laugh] at Rabid_Balding_Ewok's picture

Some people are a little too serious towards Zelda. I guess I shouldn't laugh though, considering that I would find it OK to dress up as a Stormtrooper or Jedi Knight in a public place. :D

18. Mace_Windo

Aug 31, 2001
  19. SoloCommand

Jun 15, 2001
    Secret of Mana and Chrono Trigger were just as good as Zelda 3 on the SNES, but Mana and Trigger just did'nt have the fanbase, Mana got a 'supposed' sequel on the PS, Legend Of Mana, I want a propper sequel.

Perhaps the GameCube will enlighten.

20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Chrono Trigger was more of a straight RPG though compared to Zelda 3.

If you want a closer comparison- The Illusion of Gaia was much Zelda-like, and was also one hell of a game that really caught that epic adventure feel, even if it got off to a slow start.

IMO- the top 5 SNES games-

1) A Link to the Past
    2) Chrono Trigger
    3) Super Metroid
    4) The Illusion of Gaia
    5) Super Mario RPG

Never did get a chance to play Secret of Mana- for some reason it just didn't appeal to me for some reason, though now I hope to play it one day.

21. SoloCommand

Jun 15, 2001
    Accurate list there

22. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    I never beat Illusion of Gaia. I got to the mummy Egypt queen boss and couldn't beat her. I never beat Secret of Mana either. :(

23. SoloCommand

Jun 15, 2001
    I know SOM, where are you stuck Dan?

24. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    Haha, that was like eight years ago, man. No idea.

25. SoloCommand

Jun 15, 2001
    LOL!

Gotcha. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.