Zero Punctuation

Discussion in 'Games' started by DarkPrince, Feb 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus

star 5
  2. clone_commander1 Jedi Knight

star 1
  3. HemDazon90 Jedi Knight

star 3
  4. HemDazon90 Jedi Knight

star 3
    he/she is right
  5. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
  6. Sabre_11 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Wow.

As much as I loved this game, I really expected Yahtzee to tear it a new one because 'good reviews arent funny.'

Thankyou for proving me wrong good sir!
  7. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    He is wrong. And we've yet to see what ODST and Reach have to offer. What we've seen of ODST so far looks highly promising.
  8. Valyn Force Ghost

star 8
    Okay, so let me correct that:

Halo 2 > Halo 1 + Halo 3
  9. Asterix_of_Gaul Force Ghost

star 5
    Halo 3 was the only one that really stood out to me, honestly. I found the first one fun, but bland. The second was an improvement...but they really tightened everything in Halo 3. I never much cared for the story anyways, but I was sad about Halo 3's end...

It sorta demands a Halo 4 (which they're not going to make because why?).
  10. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    because master chief is thought to be dead and stuck on his own planet. besides, who would they be fighting?

and i definitely like the second one better than the other two combined. heck the graphics even look better to me than in the third, which is sad when an xbox game beats a 360 game.

:snoopy
  11. Asterix_of_Gaul Force Ghost

star 5
    I didn't get what planet he was heading towards...maybe because I haven't read the books, but I always assumed they were going to delve more into the creators of the rings--possibly a much graver threat than anything else beforehand...
  12. Commander_Ducky Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    i deffinatly agree that Halo @ was way way WAY better than the other two, but i REALY don't agree about the graphics. One of the only things i like better [and i don't even know if i think it's better or not, but it's at least as good] about the third one is the newer version of Zanzibar.
  13. Mustafar_66 Force Ghost

star 5
    You appear to have got that the wrong way round, or have you got a copy of the game that removes The Arbiter sections?
  14. Valyn Force Ghost

star 8
    Why would I have a version of the game that doesn't include the most interesting sections?
  15. jangoisadrunk Jedi Master

star 4
    Fact: Halo 2 was about the Arbiter and the Covenant, not Master Chief.

Think about it.
  16. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Fact: We've had this conversation before, let's not get off on another "what was the best Halo?" off-topic discussion in this trhead- we have plenty of Halo threads for that.
  17. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    No, there are never enough Halo threads. :p

Funny you mention that, because the world (be it artificial or not) he was heading towards definitely has to do with the rings creators, the Forerunners, what with the usual Forerunner symbol (you'll see it throughout all games in any of the installations, it resembles a sword over a round shield) being emblazoned in lights over the left quadrant of that world. The world is possibly a "shield world" much like the one in Halo Wars - a Micro Dyson Sphere.

As for the Forerunners being a threat in a sequel, I find that doubtful, since that race was brought to extinction 100,000 years prior to the trilogy, it's few surviving members(one of them being the Dictat mentioned in the Halo 3 terminals) flying into the void in shame for their failure against the Flood, leaving humanity as the rightful heris to their legacy.
  18. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    Oh yeah, just saw Yahtzee's last (his warp-speed E3 2009 overview). I particularly "loved" how he dismissed titles like Assasin's Creed 2 and Halo: Reach. If he wasn't being an a$$ (as usual) and was actually thrashing these without even having the faintest idea how the final product will be like, all I can tell him is go frak himself.

He was spot on though on how the X360's Natal is nothing more than a Wii-wannabe-gimmick.
  19. ZanderSolo Force Ghost

star 3
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/789-Prototype

Yahtzee Reviews Prototype this week.

Edit: Emo Peter Pan. Lol.
  20. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    The Sims 3

"This may sound a little bit hysterical, but The Sims is probably the most evil game in the world."
  21. HemDazon90 Jedi Knight

star 3
  22. Histeria Jedi Padawan

No prizes for guessing which web-reviwer was has had a nasty break-up lately.

Ouch.
  23. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    I personally thank The Sims 2 for actually getting my wife into gaming, though calling the Sims "gaming" is something that'll be a point of discussion for the foreseeable future. It also gave me the bandwith to play on Xbox Live without her harassing me on how my gaming interrupted her browsing, Facebooking and what-have-you...
  24. Histeria Jedi Padawan

You're a lucky man. I can barely get near my 360 these days because my wife is playing Mass Effect/Fallout 3/Lost Odyssey or whatever stupidly huge RPG she gets stuck into next. :(
  25. Darth_Invidious Chosen One

star 5
    I feel for you dude. Luckily, other than the Facebook community flash games, The Sims 2 is the only game she's into right now. The 360 is exclusively mine. :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.