Zero Punctuation

Discussion in 'Games' started by DarkPrince, Feb 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: MarcusP2, The2ndQuest
  1. Maulfly Moderator Emeritus

star 7
    Hey, I resemble those remarks (minus the Lost Odyssey...)!!! >:eek: *hogs Elite*
  2. Darth_Invidious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Definitely. That or his wife/gf/partner-what-have-you has hogged all PC privileges for the Sims 3. Or maybe he just particularly hates females over all other two legged carbon lifeforms. Tsk tsk tsk.
  3. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
  4. Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Wow, I could not disagree with him more on that review.

Then again, I'm also playing it on a 37" LCD HD tv, so I'm mesmerized by the pretty pictures :p
  5. Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yeah, I normally like Yahtzee's reviews, even for games I like he can usually point out the flaws and I can agree with them. Not so this time! First he complains that your character is mute then complains that all the other chracters talk to much. Sorry if I bought the Ghostbusters game to see the Ghostbusters. I would have been really annoyed if some random no-name punk got all the good lines. It's funny that the biggest problem (IMO), the single autosave being the only save slot in the game, wasn't even touched on.

C'mon Yahtzee you can do better!

Also, for the record I LOVE Ghostbusters 2. Just as good as the original.
  6. The Great No One Jedi Master

star 8
  7. Lord Vivec Force Ghost

star 8
  8. ZanderSolo Jedi Knight

star 3
    I actually felt almsot everything he said this time.

After about 15 minutes of playing this games Demo, I realized i was bored for the past 15 minutes and turned it off. Lol.
  9. Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus

star 5
    100th episode

Be sure to watch the ENTIRE clip, as after the review you can 'properly' listen to the theme music.
  10. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    That middle part is pretty bitchin'- I'm surprised he never used it as an alternate end-credits theme or something.
  11. -Phoenix- Jedi Master

star 5
  12. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    The irish accent and limerick bits were fantastic. [face_laugh]
  13. Reynar_Tedros Jedi Master

star 6
  14. zacparis VIP

star 7
  15. Reynar_Tedros Jedi Master

star 6
    "What would a BioWare game be without dialogue? A whole bunch of silence and trousers, that's what."
  16. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Crap- I gotta catch up! Without updates in this thread I forget to check for new episodes!

"If you shave Mario's mustache off he looks a bit like Leisure Suit Larry" [face_laugh] [face_laugh]
  17. Reynar_Tedros Jedi Master

star 6
  18. Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Quite possibly one of his best reviews, as it actually moved me to want to get this game just to experience that level of difficulty.
  19. Darth_Invidious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Wow. I think I'd flip my finger to that too, if those are the gameplay machanics we'd have to deal with over and over again.
  20. chiss_man Jedi Master

star 6
    Too true, it sounds like that the game developers forgot that games should be challenging without being overwhelming (as Yahtzee himself pointed out in a review a few weeks back). A murderously tough game is fun for no one save the most masochistic of gamers, of which I'm sure there are a few reading this right now. :p
  21. Valyn Jedi Master

star 8
    I had to give up on Ninja Gaiden because of the overwhelming difficulty--especially when Ryu enters that city where ninjas throw explosives at you from every which way.

Several times me and my fiancee had to put down Mario Bros Wii because it was getting too hard and we were pissing each other off by either bouncing into one another, accidentally kicking turtle shells into one another, or accidentally stealing all the power-ups.
  22. Reynar_Tedros Jedi Master

star 6
    That's why the game is so good, IMHO. When I first tried NSMBW out, I played solo and wasn't impressed with how utterly inferior it was to the classics. But when I played with friends? I was hooked from the first time I used my Toad to pick up Mario and hurl him into a bottomless pit for no apparent reason. We did get pissed off at each other, naturally, but it was a hilarious romp from start to finish.
  23. Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Thought I'd give this a bump with Yahtzee's review of Mass Effect 2
  24. Darth_Invidious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Can't see it yet on my end. Is it a good review or is he gonna make me get a plane ticket to Australia just get down there and beat him to death with my copy if he said anything bad about it?
  25. Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Great review IMO. To sum it up: Bioware = Good writing. Yay, no driving missions! Boo, scanning sucks! Combat is too easy. Conversations are boring.
Moderators: MarcusP2, The2ndQuest
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.