main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Zero... you're done.

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Tenken, Jul 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Zero, you have left us no choice concerning your time here. It has officially ran out. Not only have we given you several warnings concerning your actions and attitude but we have also been very forgiving thus far. This ends now, I am hear by requesting your account(s) be strip from these boards and also requesting that you be ejected from this club. Harassment of this type will NOT be tolerated and your actions reflect poorly on you and your family who have always been welcome here and will still continue to be welcome after this sad incident is cleared up. However, your tenure here has run out.

2. Nebelwerfer

Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 8, 2008
    Whats stopping him from just adding a 1 to the end of his name and just doing this till infinite?

3. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    Mod with special Jedi Ban powers.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    He won't be bothering you again.

5. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    IP address tracking... Also if we alert his sisters to his action which I think we should. It'll be handled further and this won't happen again.

Thanks Laj_Fett!

6. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    "Good work, bounty hunter."

7. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Speaking from experience, when you are banned, your IP address is too.

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Only if we specifically IP ban. There are two ban types - user ban and IP ban. In this case the IP hasn't been banned but if the user registers another name and starts causing problems then we can look into an IP ban. We have to be careful though - if the user is on a proxy server (such as AOL's users are) then we can get innocent users caught in the IP ban.

9. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Either way, this is an isolated case. Kinda of an extreme case but isolated... Regardless things like this shouldn't even be an issue.

10. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Well, if the user does come back under another name and starts spamming again, you can PM any mod or RSA that's online. For something like that, you don't have to wait until your own RSA is around. To find out who is online, go to Users Online and click the 'Mods' button to the right of the alphabet. Pick one near the top of the display with a recent login time.

11. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Yeah, actually Zero_Still_has_Lightsaber is a sock. His usual user name did not have "Still" in it.

12. Ms_Skywalker

Ms_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 17, 2005
    I do not have internet access at home so I'm just now checking the boards. Whatever he did, please accept my family's apologies. I will talk to him and ask him to leave the boards indefinitely.

13. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    No need to apologize Gail... I think an individual should be responsible for their own actions but we thank you anyway for trying. For some unknown reason he decided to spam our boards in every subject category currently posted as well as changing the topics of those post to titles that were offense in nature. Rob found them first and alerted me and Matt to the issue...

Corrective action was then taken afterwards. I'm just afraid that his situational awareness concerning what's funny on the boards is disruptive if not offensive in general. More over it absolutely doesn't belong here. Anyway, a stern sisterly talking to could probably be beneficial for his development as a human being. lol. ;)

14. DarthVader79

DarthVader79 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2001
    Ming should run for office or something. No joke. He fights for us.

15. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    :eek: While I'm honored and pleasantly surprised by this vote of confidence, there is a difference between a guardian and being a person in office. A guardian has the benefit of engaging without the rules that would normally be tied to trying to make all sides happy. In other words I technically can use words that could open up hostilities in which I invite openly and I accept the consequences. Furthermore, I can choose to opt out of interfering in a conflict that is isolated and none of my concern. In other words, I have more freedom to engage or disengage as I see fit while anyone in office is forced to engage regardless or risk losing control of the group due to complacency or a bad decision made with not enough information.

Like Maximus says... "a soldier has the benefit of looking his enemies in the eye..." Being forced to engage every problem places anyone at a disadvantage, cos it's tiring, stressful, and one bad decision sets back all the good you've built because people in general mainly focus on the negative. For me, I'll fight, but on my terms and IF I believe in the fight. Bickering, panic, and petty concerns are not things I want to deal with. However, I am honored by the comment. Thanks! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.