Ziegfeld Electric Goes Down

Discussion in 'New York City, NY' started by SJLinNYC, Jun 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dp4m Chosen One

star 9
    Judging from the on again off again problems with both digital theaters in NJ and now the one frying itself at th Zieg it seems DLP is a less than perfect technology.

It's got like, what, 60,000 lumens going? It was bound to incinerate some things from time to time... :)
  2. Happy Ninja Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Is there any word on the DLP working again?
  3. SJLinNYC Jedi Knight

star 1
    Still brokey as of 3:30 p.m. Tuesday. :(
  4. StarFromIHJ Force Ghost

star 4
  5. VLAmidala Jedi Knight

star 3
    posted by byron at the emperor's board:

THIS JUST IN:

Digital has been restored to the Ziegfeld. According to Clearview's Manhattan Management (not the Zieg managers, who are less than gifted above the neck), the 10 PM Monday night showing was digital and is everything is now back to normal. According to them, the problem was that the exhaust motors on the drives failed (causing the system to overheat and the Saturday 10PM to be interrupted) and had to be replaced. The A/C was offline Sunday as they went chasing it as an electrical problem. The new exhaust system could not be obtained quickly over the weekend, but was in place by late last night.

The familiar "duh-cherry" on the idiot cake being that the crack (addicted?) staff answering the phone today were not explicitly told that the problem was fixed and have been erroneously telling callers and walk-ins all day today that "it's still broke" and "we don't know when it'll be fixed. It'll be fixed when it's fixed." "No, you can't speak to a manager, he's on a really important phone call right now." (Thanks for the insult to injury. I guess the male pronoun might mean that it's Pablo on duty, rather than Moaneek, but actually, a male pronoun in Moaneek's case is inconclusive.) (It was indeed, Pablo BTW) So, for now everything seems fixed, barring any new occurrences of problems. So that means that a Wednesday night outing is possible. Stay tuned for a Zieg report on Thursday if it indeed goes off....

YAY!
  6. Radiohead Jedi Master

star 4
  7. SJLinNYC Jedi Knight

star 1
    Grrr... Arrgh...

Had I known, I would have attended the 10 p.m. showing tonight. I've just about had it with the stupidity, apathy and rudeness of a few key individuals at what may not continue to be my favorite theater.

If you'd like to lodge a complaint with Clearview about the incompetence of the Ziegfeld's management, call Laura Florin at (973) 659-2210 or email Adam Sand at asand@clearcin.com.

8. TadjiStation Force Ghost

star 4
  9. TadjiStation Force Ghost

star 4
    D'OH!

I tried to ask this before, but the stupid site dumped my post!!! :(

Does anybody know how long AOTC is playing at Ziegfeld? I had heard goings on that said certain theatres had to commit to showing AOTC for a certain amount of time. Any credence to that?

Thanks,

Tadji

:)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.