Ziegfeld/Moviefone Overcharging on Credit Card Orders

Discussion in 'New York City, NY' started by SJLinNYC, May 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SJLinNYC Jedi Knight

star 1
    I was just checking my credit card balances, and was shocked to discover my available balance was $180 lower than it should have been. So I went to look at my account details, and they showed that the Ziegfeld charged me 3 times for every ticket order I'd placed over Moviefone or Moviefone.com. So the 8 tix I'd purchased on the morning of May 3 ended up costing $270. Obviously, I'm disputing the $180 overcharge; if you haven't been keeping close track of your "Star Wars"-related credit card expenses, you might want to make sure you haven't been hit with the same charges.

- Steve

2. LadySith Jedi Master

star 4
    This happened to me as well with several movies there. At one point, I was charged 6 times for one pair of tickets. Coincidence???
  3. Echo Jedi Master

star 4
    Not a coincidence. While I dont think I've been overcharged, I know someone else who has been.

He spoke to some Moviefone tech person or other and was told that this overcharge thing is a glitch they're aware of. A lot of help that does, since as far as I know they're not able to do anything about it... maybe they can credit your card... not sure. But this problem is just one in a larger problem I've become aware of.
    ... and i think it needs its own thread.
  4. episodenone Force Ghost

star 4
    sure as shoot!
    you are absolutely right.

i got charged twicw for both shows i bought over movifone.com!

thanks a ton!!!!!!!!1
  5. cyranodb Force Ghost

star 4
    Moviefone.com did the same thing to me when I bought tickets to spiderman. I got charged 3 times for one ticket, but they also gave me a credit for 2 tickets the same day, so it worked out. Perhaps that's what will happen. I'd definitely call your credit card company.

Mike C.
  6. thechairguy Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Holy crap! Charged six times for two tickets? What is going on?
  7. thechairguy Jedi Youngling

star 1
    FYI - I called & they said that it was a noticed computer glitch on their servers & they would be crediting everyone's account tomorrow...

Hopefully everyone didn't have to pay their rent TODAY. Sweet merciful crap!
  8. episodenone Force Ghost

star 4
    i was reimbursed on my credit card statement this AM!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.