main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NYC, NY Ziegfeld Sighting

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by SJLinNYC, May 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SJLinNYC

SJLinNYC Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 25, 2000
    Monday afternoon Tom_Tom_Binks, Byron and I went to the 3:30 p.m. show at the Zieg (big surprise!), and none other than Liam Neeson was in the theater! One of us was standing right next to Qui Gon himself in the lobby and didn't even realize it, but it would be unfair to single him out for ridicule - Neeson was wearing a baseball cap and sweats, and he was with two kids who didn't have padawan braids, so he wasn't instantly recognizable. Besides, I wouldn't want to embarass a friend, much less one who has to fly back to the UK this evening and won't be able to defend himself on the message boards. But it was very cool watching a "Star Wars" film knowing that somebody who played a major role in the saga just happened to be in the auditorium at the same time. Ain't New York City grand??

2. BobaFettWBlasterRifle

BobaFettWBlasterRifle Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 23, 1999
    I was at a pre-release screening for Episode I and among the attendees were Sam Jackson and Howard Stern. To give you an idea of how much of a non-fan presence there was at this screening, everyone seemed much more interested that Stern was there. This was a generally poor experience for me, especially since it was my first time seeing the film. The lackluster audience reaction lessened the experience for me, and I vowed not to go to such screenings (for a Star Wars film, anyway....) again.

3. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    About three years ago after our prom, a few of my friends went to this nightclub called The Roxy. Who else was there while they were?
    You guessed it. Natalie Portman was also at the post prom party thing they went to. They saw her but decided not to bother her because it was rude. Anyway, guess who wasn't there? You also guessed it. Me. I was at Carolines Comedy Club instead. They did however tell me the next day who they saw.

4. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Steve, I just have one thing to say, "Oooooooooooooooh!" :p

I was in Fenway Park in Boston with Natalie Portman two years ago...

5. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    All this talk of Fenway Park and Red Sox is makin' me mad... this is a SWNYC board... :D

Go Yanks!

And Liam Neeson bought my parents old apartment.

6. VLAmidala

VLAmidala Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2001
    once upon a time, i ran into natalie portman on a college visit...

...but that was in boston, too.

:p

7. Anaquinne

Anaquinne Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2002
    One time last year or so I was walking up Columbus Ave. and who should I see walking down but Harrison Ford! I was with my folks, and my mom nearly fainted on me. We just stood there for a minute, and then ran after him just to catch another glimpse, and ended up chasing him into a Rockport store, when we decided to stop harrassing him and let him live his life in peace. :) Nobody stopped him, of course, but there was a kind of wave of heads turning about a second after he passed. And that's my close-encounter story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.