main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ziro the Hutt - here we go again?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by fanboyskywalker, Aug 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    I haven't seen the movie but there seems to be a lot of talk emerging about this new controversial character called Ziro the Hutt. I've heard everything from that he is the next Jar Jar to that he speaks in English, not Huttese.

See here for example:

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2008/08/12/is-zero-the-hutt-the-first-gay-alien-in-star-wars-history/

Granted, it's MTV, which is owned by TW rival Viacom (which is releasing Tropic Thunder), trying perhaps to make waves, but still...

I thought I would open up a Ziro discussion.

There's an official Hutts in TCW thread, I think we can lock this.

The thread is located HERE G_M.

2. obi-rob-kenobi4

obi-rob-kenobi4 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 17, 2007
    i am prying to god that this character doesn't end up being half as bad as some of the things i have heard but knowing lucas its probably 98% true. just the thought that it speaks basic is enough to utterly ruin the movie and maybe even the whole image of the hutts. lucas LOVES silly stupid and annoying things like this so much for some reason and instead of just makeing an unrelated, G rated cartoon kitty movie and getting it out of his system hes actually useing star wars for things like this! he really doesn't care anymore!

3. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    I can't imagine the part being that large, like Jar Jar in TPM, and the good news is if he stinks they can cut him from the TV show. Bad news is with Lucas taking a more active hand in the tv show we could be getting more of this. It's so weird to think that when they were working on this Lucas saw Capote and said to his writers make him sound like that.

I'm not trying to bash. I do think critics will always find things to bash in SW. It could be the best movie ever and they will just look for things to pick at... find things people normally wouldn't notice and then focus their press on that to blow it out of porportion until everyone transfixes on that. There are also A LOT of jealous people in Hollywood. Jealous of what GL has done and jealous of his success with his movies because he is essentially the most successful filmaker of all time and he doesn't it indepent and without the Hollywood cog system. He proves you don't need 15 executives to make a B.O. hit and that threatens studio people. End rant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.