main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ZOE2: It is here

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Invid_Clone, Mar 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Invid_Clone

Invid_Clone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2002
    This is one beautiful game. Unlike its predecessor, it's cell shaded, though to a much better effect than in Robotech. You barely notice the cell shading, though the novelty of this graphical rendering is wearing out when every other developer and their mothers are picking it up for their new games, IMHO . The between character cutscenes were rendered as an animé manga, so at times you feel you've been thrown into an animé OVA. Sadly, like in all animés, you have to suffer stilted dialogue. However, the movies are nicely rendered and will properly distract you from the horrible dialogue.

Jehuty is still a dream of a mech. If you played the first game you'll find that the control scheme is almost identical, so you'll be flying Jehuty with no problem in just a matter of minutes. However, all the subweapon drivers he acquired in the first game are gone. I guess you'll have to pick 'em up all over again as you go through the game. This is as annoying as what Capcom did with Devil May Cry 2 by removing all the cooler weapons Danté has. I know this has to be done for game balancing reasons, but it's still idiotic IMO.

Still, the combat is intense, and again the game is beautiful. It truly shows that Mr. Kojima and Co. took their sweet time to develop and release it. I strongly reccomend it to all mech/manga fans. :D

2. Silent_But_Violent

Silent_But_Violent Jedi Youngling

Mar 4, 2003
    I picked up the ZOE anime and really liked it, so I got the original ZOE game and hated it :p

The gameplay seems really bland to me and the game was easy as hell.

3. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    ..you could not PAY me to pick up this game..

The first one was among the most disappointing gaming experiences of my life (not to mention one of the biggest wastes of my money)

It took, what, about 2 hours to complete?

And you never even got a decent resolution to the story?

What kind of game has a final boss battle that involves you being told "You don't possess the necessary skills to fight that guy, just dodge him till we come and pick you up!"

No way in heck am i ever supporting the ZOE franchise ever again.

NO. WAY.

4. Invid_Clone

Invid_Clone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2002
    Well, ZOE may have been dissapointingly easy and short. It was a PS2 launch game and maybe it was a test of the PS2 waters, so to speak. The sequel is a bit harder, and looks to be quite extensive. It also resolves the dangling plots from the first one: BAHRAM, Nohman and Anubis, the fortress Aumann. At the very least, you should rent it to give it a chance. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.