Amph Zombies! Pride and Prejudice and Zombies

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by LAJ_FETT, May 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith.

It is a truth universally acknowledged that a zombie in possession of brains must be in want of more brains.

Take Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice and add a dash of zombies to liven things up and this is the result. I picked it up in a local bookstore yesterday and started it last night. I'm not an Austen fan, but with a dash of zombies it's quite readable. Highly recommended!
  2. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    I don't think I could read this - I enjoyed P&P quite a bit.
  3. EmpireForever Chosen One

star 8
    I hear it is masterfully done, Nat. I have been wanting to get this for some time, but I can't really afford money on books, and the library unfortunately can't get it. Looks great though.
  4. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    I finished it the other day and it was pretty well done. For me it dragged in a few places but on the whole it was enjoyable. However, I don't think I could read the original - it would probably bore me to tears. But add zombies and that's another matter..
    As far as price goes - both of my local bookstores had it on the discount tables.
  5. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    Maybe you won't be able to answer this since you haven't read the original :p but how exactly are the zombies added to the story?

EF - yeah, it's gotten good reviews. It's just the idea of zombies being added to a classic - it sounds even weirder than sequels written by modern-day authors.

Does your library do inter-library loans?
  6. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    England is infected by zombies, and a common interest in zombiekilling brings Darcy and Elizabeth together.
  7. Raven Administrator Emeritus

star 6

I saw this in Chapters a few weeks ago, but I have so much on my plate book-wise that I really couldn't justify picking it up.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.