main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Embrace The FU - Formerly the STAR WARS IS BAD thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by -polymath-, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    I don't see it as nitpicking to point out that the Disney/Abrams ST basically destroyed the story arc of the OT in order to make a movie that recapitulates the original Star Wars. And The Last Jedi is mostly a bland rebellion against that rebellion. This infighting over the narrative direction of post OT Star Wars would encourage most reasonable people to give up trying to construct in universe rationales for what's going on. But of course we're not reasonable people: we're Star Wars fans.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
  2. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Could be worse. We could've been told that actually micro-biotic creatures who feed on the Force control the universe. So all of the events & the players in the prior 6 movies were mere pawns in a battle between omnipotent bacteria.

3. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    It was always broken.

Chewgumma, Ramza and Rylo Ken like this.
  4. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    It's a time honored tradition. ESB broke ANH, and then got retconned in RotJ, all of which was broken by the PT, and then wiped clean by TFA, with a course reversal in TLJ.

Good news for Episode 9 though: Han and Luke are still alive! If you thought they were dead, then you don't know Star Wars!

5. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    They should do this solely as a troll. Don’t explain it, don’t comment on it, just have them both be in the background of several group shots.

6. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    They're the hormones of SW .

7. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000
    Leia turning out to be Luke's sister was worse than Maul surviving.

8. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    didn't Maul have robot-spider legs in the cartoons ? or have I imagined that ?

9. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  10. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    Lightsabers are red.
    Sometimes they're blue.
    Star Wars is awful,
    And so are you.

SuperWatto and Rylo Ken like this.
  11. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    Aww, you actually thought that because X received a terrible lightsaber blow and then fell down a bottomless shaft, that meant s/he was dead? That's so cute. Also, welcome back, Boba Fett!

Chewgumma likes this.
  12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Nobody dies in Star Wars. Or at least nobody did before Disney took over.

Jedi Knight Fett and Chewgumma like this.
  13. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    Yes, that he built out of scrap. He has an engineering degree you know. At least it wasn't all ridiculous. He also received assistance & food from a friendly snake.

14. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    Voldemaul?

Darth Downunder likes this.
  15. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    [​IMG]

It's funny because it hurts.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  16. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    The good news for the Maul revival is that Episode IX can now be a full on ROTJ copy. Bring back Jabba!

Bacon164 likes this.
  17. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    Between episodes Maz will put on 1200 pounds & become a gangster. She'll capture Chewie & make him her sex-slave-dancer.

Should I have used spoiler tags?

18. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I don't understand what people's objection to Lucas's idea was. Frankly, it does sound better than what we've seen in the ST, and makes a lot more sense of the arc of the Star Wars films than anything else we've seen.

The Galaxy has went through marked unrest and pretty wild oscillations in political power. We're supposed to believe this is all secondary to balance of power between a few hundred force users on each side, and that these vagueries are somehow attributable to the "Will of the Force." It makes as much sense to me as anything that this umbrella term is actually just the side effect of power politics between some other entities. There's no reason one couldn't tell that story.

nilzo antonio likes this.
  19. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    The ST is supposed to follow on from the OT. Is there anything in the those 3 movies, featuring Luke, Han, Leia, Vader etc that lead you to think that the very next episode would feature a micro-biotic world? With tiny creatures who feed on the Force & control everything?

20. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Narrator (of Episode IX or whatever): Don't worry, nobody dies in this franchise. They just get really big boo boos.

(Luke has a head bandage and is shaking his head)

Narrator: What did I tell you?

21. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    why would he make them ? Just send off for them from Acme .

I'm interested to know what his ideas were , I kinda wish he'd put this stuff in those cartoons .

Sarge likes this.
  22. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    Lucas may have the last laugh. Reportedly his micro-biotic creatures are in the prior 6 movies. When we get around to 16K HD screens we'll be able to see them, & they'll be noticeably absent from the Disney ST. George wins!

23. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    You realize that you can have a plot of that sort without actually focusing the action of the story at the microscopic level? That revelations and discovery by human[oid] characters can nonetheless drive towards that central revelation?

24. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000
  25. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    "It's heroin"

cratylus likes this.