main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Embrace The FU - Formerly the STAR WARS IS BAD thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by -polymath-, Oct 30, 2012.

1. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    You are correct.

2. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    I was watching the show for a long time already before I watched the actual movie (which should never have been released to theatres). It's not really that essential.

3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000

You weren't at all. If not for you recommending Clone Wars series, I'd never watched it. Love Rebels even more, though I haven't even started on the second season.

4. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
  5. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

I struggle to remember much about it except for that arc where they have to rescue Tarkin because plot. Otherwise, a few cool moments but characters I'd long since given up caring about in any meaningful way.

Rebels, OTOH... [face_love]

6. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    There's a lot of good stuff in The Clone Wars. The Mortis arc, the Umbara arc, Darth Maul, Cad Bane, Hondo. I've not watched all of it (got halfway through season five and stopped, but not sure why) but I'd say there's more good than bad. The more childish stuff, though understandable, is not great. You can skip pretty much any episode centred on the droids and be all the better for it.

Hogarth Wrightson likes this.
  7. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    The first few episodes of Season 1 of Clone Wars should have been the movie. And the movie should have been left on the floor.

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Rebels is awesome. Kanan is a smartass rogue, Hera is a pilot who kicked Lando in the balls and will have no problem telling other characters to get off her ****ing ship if they can't behave, Sabine is multilingual and likes to blow **** up, Zeb beats up stormtroopers, Chopper is a droid murderer, and Ezra...let's just say that, unlike in TCW, the adults in the show are not blowing sunshine up the teenager's ass and telling him how awesome he is even when he is being a little ****.

TCW:

That rescue-Tarkin arc: oh, Ahsoka, we know you disobeyed your Master but you're Ahsoka and we love you so it's just fine.

Mortis: death sticks are bad, mmmkay?

The droid arc in season 5: see "Mortis"

Landing at Point Rain: the only decent battle in the show

Umbara: any Jedi who picks on clones is a secret Separatist

Hardeen: the Jedi Council are a bunch of trolls

The Wrong Jedi arc: the Jedi Council are a bunch of trolls who pick on little Ahsoka, who is the only "enlightened" Jedi and of course she can't stay with those trolls

Order 66 arc: poor little clones just can't help themselves, they go schizo if their switch is flipped

An Old Friend: just watch it; Anakin punches Clovis. Rewind that scene and watch it again.

Bardotta: Jar-Jar has a girlfriend. Lucas is trolling all you people who call the PT the "beerquels"

Bounty: Just watch it, OK? You really don't need to watch any of the rest of the show. Asajj exudes her awesomeness throughout, and both a misogynist thug and Boba Fett get what's coming to them.

9. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I'm a big fan of the Mandalorian episodes because they were creative, played against expectations, added a lot to the extremely aseptic Clone Wars from the PT, and made many militaristic EU fans angry and that can't be a bad thing.

Ender Sai likes this.
  10. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I also want to point out that Sabine is a talented and expressive artist, an honourable defender of virtue, and a positive role model for the young boys and girls who watch the show.

Jabba-wocky I know you agree that Sabine is the most worthy.

EDIT: Yes! JoinTheSchwarz the Mando fanboy (sorry to use that derogatory term) rage was so marvellous when the silly K'aren Tr'aviss culture was abandoned wholesale. It is up there with being upset at 3,000,000 clones and missing the terrible old EU.

jp-30 and JoinTheSchwarz like this.
  11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I liked all of them except Shades of Reason, in which Obi-Wan's girlfriend turned into a wuss.

12. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    Nope, series only.

Yeah, Netflix Australia is nowhere near the library that America has. Adding to that, Australia has very strict broadcasting laws (which I argue as being anti-competitive). For example: i'm pretty sure Netflix USA has everything Star Trek on it? Australian Netflix has not got one iota of Trek. Nothing at all. I believe it has something to do with Foxtel (Australian pay TV service) holding the rights to it. As a result, Netflix Australia is not showing any of the following:

- Sherlock

- Breaking Bad

- The X Files

- Sons of Anarchy

- Archer

Plus a whole host of other stuff. If you really want an idea: http://www.finder.com.au/netflix-australia-vs-netflix-us-tv-shows

Strangely though we have Doctor Who series 1-7, 8 is coming in August.

13. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    And they wonder why Australians torrent.

14. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Anyone would wonder why you all torrent with those zany bandwidth caps.

15. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

We have terrible internet and terrible TV rights. It's lucky we have wildlife to fight or trouble would ensue.

jp-30 likes this.
  16. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    We're a slowly evolving breed. I think we're approaching our third anniversary of R rated games. Yeah, GTA V was the first ever GTA since GTA 2 that was released without needing to have its content modified by the developers.

17. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    The Untravissing was glorious and not one day too soon. I also agree that the Bounty episode was good. Wasn't that written by Lucas' daughter?

18. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Netflix USA is currently mostly made of serious documentary series like Extreme Bayou Boa Hunters, Redneck Teenage Spinters, Extreme Survivalism or Gas Chuggin' Trucks. Tell me you get those.

19. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    Netflix UK is also fairly crappy. Nothing Star Wars related at all, not even any Star Trek bar four movies (Into Darkness, Generations, First Contact and Insurrection). I don't actually know why I'm still subscribed...

20. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Bounty was actually the episode I randomly watched that made me give the series a chance on Netflix.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  21. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    I love Netflix for what I do watch at the moment, but I question how much further it can expand without there being blood in the courtroom.

I'm only one month in but so far Daredevil and House Of Cards (the Spacey administration) are selling the product quite nicely. Plus i've already watched around a dozen movies that i've always wanted to see but never got around to watching. I plan on trying Orange Is The New Black and Brooklyn Nine-Nine once i'm done with Cards. So I at least have a good three months of life in Netflix yet.

22. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    You forgot Aliens Control the Government: Exposed.

23. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Say what you will about Netflix streaming's problems (terrible UI and worse since the recent update, lack of big U.S. movies, constantly expiring titles, many mediocre-to-bad originals), but its selection of documentaries is actually amazing. I used the "not interested" button quite liberally to avoid all the ****. I think that's why they got rid of it for streaming; but I also have a disc subscription, so joke's on them!

24. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    And buried under the weight of tons of Discovery MAX and SyFy crap.

25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I could not get into Orange is the New Black but beyond that I like Netflix originals. I plan to check out Sense8, er, soon.