main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Embrace The FU - Formerly the STAR WARS IS BAD thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by -polymath-, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I kind of love those bad documentaries, though, if they come on during group viewings they can lead to fantastic inside jokes... mostly involving Nazi Temples of Doom.

2. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Quackumentaries are the best.

3. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i find enough good stuff on netflix. i marvel at the amount of tv someone would have to watch to run out.

4. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

For us that's like 18 hours.

5. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012

Yes, this recommendation has been made to me. I decided I needed a break from sci-fi/fantasy/hero stuff though. I'll get around to it but once i've exhausted everything else I plan on watching.

6. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Yeah, I mean, just Archer, Bob's Burgers, X-Files and Twin Peaks, plus (some) of their original series, is worth the subscription fee already. I still think the amount of The Secret Extreme Louisiana Trucker Pawn Battle docs is nauseating.

7. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    okay that's pretty bad. ours has a fairly decent selection of shows and docs, though the movie selection is a bit lacking. but i only usually watch about three or four hours a week so the selection seems infinite to me. however, the last three days i had the flu and i watched an obscene amount of tv. finally got around to the last season of parks and rec, orange is the new black season 3, portlandia season 4, a bunch of nature docs, and the documentary about the no-hitter dock ellis threw while on lsd.

this is probably true. i think i just look right past that stuff when browsing or it just doesn't show up in my queue or something.

8. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Precisely. Plus on some devices the interface is downright baffling/maddening - why, for example, on some devices is it incredibly easy to browse by a genre you select, whereas on others it isn't even an option? And why does everything I watch somehow indicate a deep, underlying desire to watch the painfully indie Frank? Yet despite these hangups somehow you're still inundated with bad documentaries.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  9. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    The thinking in Australia for TV makes no sense.

GoT was available on pay TV and iTunes. Australians torrented it a lot. The solution?

Take it off iTunes and make it available exclusively on a $100/mo pay TV package. Thanks Tunes. [face_plain]

Expected results? 2,000,000% uptake in pay TV subscription.

Actual results: Moar torrentz.

10. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    I actually look stuff up on my laptop and then watch whatever I've found on our XBone, because the search interface there is useless.

Ramza likes this.
  11. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

Get a PC and play GTAO on that, console peasant scrub!

12. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    I'm a retro-gamer. Modern games for babies that need their hands held should be kept to consoles. Or as our cred says, "No QTE shall touch my PC."

13. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    When you hook up a PC to a TV, the Netflix interface is awesome.
    I am in awe of its rare simplicity.

14. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    Don't even get me started on Gotham coverage. iTunes cannot releae any episode prior to Nine airing it. Nine air the show pretty much when they feel like it. There was a month where we only got two episodes. Not only did Daredevil commence filming after Gotham, but it was released in full on Netflix before Nine had even made it halfway through Gotham's run where in America Gotham had nearly finished its first season.

Torrent or nothing, folks.

15. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

There's no QTE on GTAO. But I understand if you don't want to repeat this Australian v Spanish moment, albeit ALWAYS, in races:

[​IMG]

16. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    LOL @ JCC "Star Wars" thread

17. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    They're doing you a favor.

18. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Don't worry, these threads tend to self correct as soon as someone posts anything related to the topic. There's no need to interrupt a nice conversation in the meantime.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  19. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012

Well, there is this I suppose. Every time I finished an episode of Daredevil I quietly wept for what could have been for Gotham.

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Roku, people. Roku.

No need to watch TV on your Xbox or hook up your PC to it.

21. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Eh, Rokus/Apple TVs/that Amazon one no one owns are pretty redundant if you already have an Xbone, PS4, or decent PC hookup; not worth the HDMI slot opportunity cost.

22. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
  23. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    I use Plex as the household media server. Clients on the TV, phones, PCs, tablets and Raspberry Pi on an old monitor in the bedroom. Marvelous. It also works as a photo viewer and has replaced iTunes as my music library server. Just brilliant.

https://plex.tv/

24. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
  25. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    First world problems.