main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Embrace The FU - Formerly the STAR WARS IS BAD thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by -polymath-, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Who do you prefer, Wocky: Tom Cruise or Com Truise?

DarthTunick likes this.
  2. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    It's a shame you posted this in January. I'm never going to remember to nominate it for post of the year

DarthTunick and tom like this.
  3. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    make it your status update thingy in your profile.

4. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    Will Smith.

5. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  6. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Boba Fett's not a Mandalorian; he only wears the armor. The most prominent member would be Sabine then, who generally wins fights.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  7. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Was that one of the options?

This is why Melbourne is second.

8. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    No, but it is nonetheless the correct answer.

Sarge likes this.
  9. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    So if you were in a room with only two doors, marked Com Truise and Tom Cruise, and no other exits, you would perish waiting for the Will Smith one?

I understand the comparison between Will Smith and Tom Cruise, because they're both egotistical moviestarts who prefer not to act if they can avoid it.

10. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  11. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    dp4m likes this.
  12. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I seem to recall liking that first Green Lantern trailer though (and the movie was craaaaaaaaap). Also, I feel the same way about Superman Returns that he does about The Lone Ranger, but he's not wrong: that SR teaser was one of the top-3 teasers of all time (thanks, Kanye)...

13. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    You were in the minority; the effects were generally considered so bad looking they literally delayed the film to try and touch them up. I'm not surprised it would come up as an infamous example (although they do give the misleading impression that the trailer alone is what sank GL which... lol).

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  14. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Oh! Quite possibly, since I stopped somewhat caring after the X-Men debacle therein...

15. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    TBH, the best part of that article is the reminder that we get Ralph Wrecks the Internet this year.

16. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Bold of Disney to make an entire movie about a photograph of an ass.

17. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    You've seen the leaked Solo Trailer?

Darth Guy likes this.
  18. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Ah, the "third lesson" Luke bestowed on Rey. I heard about this deleted scene previously, so I'm pretty delighted to see a bit of it. I'm sure the internet will say that this scene should have been in the movie and the "Canto Bight" scenes should have been deleted.

Did they delay they Green Lantern film?

I remember the first image of Ryan Reynold's in the Green Lantern costume, which was the cover of a magazine (Entertainment Weekly IIRC), and I remember it getting a very poor reception. I remember being at the SDCC Green Lantern panel in 2011 and the footage there was received really well and the following WonderCon (which I was also in attendance as the convention was still in San Francisco) trailer was a considered well done and had a lot of fans looking forward to it. Green Lantern is an example of how easy it is to make a bad comic book film even though it follows the MCU "cookie cutter formula." Another example is Tim Story's Fantastic Four films.

19. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    The new Han Solo film should be about what he was doing in the time between abandoning the Rebels in ANH and when he charged back mid-battle at Yavin.

20. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I misremembered details, the marketing campaign was delayed so they could get effects shots in order.

In my defense I often try not to remember Green Lantern.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
    JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  21. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Superman Returns wasn't a bad film, nor did it bomb like F4 did.

It just was... a little uninteresting, which when you have a story about god raised as man, is not the best way to go.

22. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Did anyone else notice all the Christian symbolism in Superman Returns? He came from the heavens, drew his power from above where his real (not adopted) father lived, came back from the dead to save mankind, stabbed in the side, fell with his arms outstretched like he was crucified, and returned to the heavens. I think there was more that I noticed when I saw it, but I don't remember, that was at least 10 years ago. I've been meaning to go back and rewatch it to see if there was supposed to be some kind of meaning to it all, but still haven't got around to it.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  23. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Carried over to Man of Steel as well. It's a tempting style for Superman stories.

24. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Haven't seen that one yet. One of these days...

25. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Hey look guys, one super childish franchise in this thread is enough, alright