main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Embrace The FU - Formerly the STAR WARS IS BAD thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by -polymath-, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009

You're seeing the trailer for a whole second time?

Wow, it must have impressed you.

I'm pretty sure there'd be a very long list of questions between "I know these droids" and "Your father is a mass murderer."

There really is no reason for Obi-Wan or R2 to not acknowledge that they know each other.

2. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    I've never really noticed the video game style walking - until now. My main problem with season three, is that it's boring. I'd be ashamed to recommend it to my kids.

3. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009

For all of the criticism that uncanny valley Tarkin got, I do admire the work they put into bringing him to life.

Although I did have to laugh at ABC News (Which just so happens to be owned by Disney) suggesting that the criticism was over ethics rather than, y'know, clearly not looking entirely like a real person.

4. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Honestly, the difficult part here was finding the right pieces in the storage.

[​IMG]

5. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I guess I'm one of the people who was convinced...I had no idea going into the movie that Tarkin was CGI'ed. I think at first I wondered where they managed to get an actor that looked exactly like Peter Cushing, but as the film went on I stopped thinking about that.

6. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm more saddened that we didn't see Tarkin in his slippers.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  7. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Great argument you're building there, VLM. Truly, you should be at Lucas' side, helping him explain all his ideas.

8. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    The editing room floor.

9. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    I believe Gareth Edwards said in the interview that he had let marketing know that he wasn't going to be using that shot in the movie, but they went with it in the trailer anyway.

10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm kind of glad the "I rebel" line was cut out. It's so stupid and reeks of PT silliness.

11. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    It was just her being snappy/sarcastic, giving as smart*** answer to the Rebel leaders who basically kidnapped her.

12. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    And with Coruscant, the whole planet is one giant city.

JoinTheSchwarz and SuperWatto like this.
  13. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    It freed up a few more seconds for a character to say "Hope"

14. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    That's one thing I never liked, the title "A New Hope".
    Worst title of a Star Wars movie.
    It would have been cool if they'd just kept it "Star Wars" throughout, like self-titled debut albums.

Ever since it was announced, way back in the eighties, I thought it felt like cheating. I thought, if they'd called it A New Hope right away, no way would it have been such a success".

15. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    ATTACK OF THE CLONES.

DarthIntegral and SuperWatto like this.
  16. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    You're probably right. Everyone would have thought, "eh, I better see the old Hope first."

SuperWatto likes this.
  17. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000
    No, it's just an empty title. It could be the heading on a salvation army pamphlet.

The film is the worst one they made, the title doesn't cover the contents, but in itself, I have nothing against the title.

-Jedi Joe- and Diggy like this.
  18. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Oh lord, that line was just horrible and cringeworthy. I was bracing myself for it when they were on Yavin, and was quite relieved when it didn't actually happen.

19. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
  20. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Question: does Rebels make sense as a series? Or is otherwise better than TCW? I ask this because going through TCW has been...difficult (not totally painful because some of the action redeems it). The latest head-scratching bit has been the nonsensical time jumps. As in, some of the early episodes in season 3 lead up to a jailbreak...that was the season 1 closer?! Then Padme is still hanging with her Rodian colleague that was murdered in season 2. I mean, WTF happened there?

On the other hand, I dig that Filoni & Co. sorta kinda canonized the Rakatan and Selkath species.

Ghost likes this.
  21. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    We just had a Prequel movie released between episodic trilogy movies, how is that kind of time jump any worse than what happened in TCW?

22. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I remember TCW being a little confusing when originally airing with some of the time jumping episodes, but then they finally decided to do story arcs and it became more enjoyable.

This article will help you enjoy the experience as a whole:
    http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-clone-wars-chronological-episodeorder

As for Rebels, it doesn't jump around like Clone Wars and it pretty much chronological so it isn't an issue. The only thing the show suffers from is that it is more geared towards children compared to TCW. I think TCW was TV-14, while Rebels is TV-7.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  23. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000

:_|

24. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Let's not call Rogue One a "Prequel", eh. That's insulting. The "A Star Wars Story" tagline will do nicely instead.

25. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Calling it a good Prequel isn't insulting, that's what it is.

The Han Solo movie could be one too, though I'm not as optimistic about that.

-Jedi Joe- likes this.