main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Embrace The FU - Formerly the STAR WARS IS BAD thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by -polymath-, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    "What kind of car would Vader drive?"

2. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Something large, noisy and toxic, I guess. A Hummer?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Darth Vader didn't drive a car he drove a tie fighter I have his tie fighter action figure it squirts water but you couldn't drive a car in space it's impossible you wouldn't get very far and you'd float into a sun or suffocate because there is no oxygen in space and there are no cars in the gffa didn't you read any of the EU?

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  4. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    I just meant, the TIE fighter in VLM's link looks like the kind of TIE fighter that someone who was asking himself "what would Vader drive?" would drive.

5. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I think if Anakin didn't lose his limbs and get burned by the heat from lava, then I'd say he'd be one of those pretentious ******** driving a Lincoln.

[​IMG]

6. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    Lincoln only wishes that driving Lincolns was pretentious.

7. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Depending on where you are in a solar system, you're actually more likely to be subject to local gravitation (e.g. a plant, a moon) than the sun.

8. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    If there's a TFA creative choice that I think it's particularly inspired, it has to be making Kylo Ren a literal Vader-wannabe. There was no way the new evil enforcer wasn't going to draw Vader comparisons, so just embracing the situation and making it integral to the character was a smart way to proceed.

9. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I agree totally. It remains to be seen how they'll develop him in the coming films. I expect him to develop into a more threatening villain, but I loved the decision to make the character revolve around, not just how obsessed he is with being Vader, but just how much he thinks he's failing. His little temper tantrums, the way he feels the temptation of the Light Side, the clumsy way he fights at the end; it all plays into that great character decision. They did away with the full criticism in one fell swoop: "He's just a repeat of Vader, but not as cool." Exactly the point.

10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    If she would just go back in the kitchen and make Kylo Ren some bread, the problem would be solved.

11. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009

I don't know why but Kylo Ren strikes me as someone who claims to be intolerant to gluten.

12. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    Woody harrelson in the Han Solo movie. Yay

13. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
  14. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    I guess that's the new Woody typecasting model. Wisecracking, irreverent semi-questionable mentor figure who plays by his own rules, e.g. Zombieland and Hunger Games.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  15. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    That would mean Han Solo's grandfather is a murderer, just like Kylo. It rhymes. Like poetry.

16. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    So Han is roughly 30 years old in ANH, right? Alden Ehrenreich is currently 27 (will be 28 this year) , so they'll have him playing a 21 year old? 25 year old? So this Han Solo adventure will be taking place before the time of Rebels OR during the time of Rebels? Will this essentially be an episode of Rebels? Will this be a Rebels prequel? Thoughts?

17. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I doubt we'll see the Rebel Alliance. Just some rogues/rebels.

It will probably be seeing Han's family. Maybe Han going to the Imperial Academy. Becoming disillusioned. Saving Chewbacca. Ending with how he became a smuggler. With lots of comedy.

18. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i think it's going to be about the time han solo saw a bear and found 20 dollars.

19. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I think it's going to be about the time Lando saw a bear and found 20 dollars.

20. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    That bear's name?

Chewbacca.

21. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Sabacc tomorrow guys.

jp-30 likes this.
  22. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    I can't play. I lost $40 recently.

jp-30 and JoinTheSchwarz like this.
  23. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    It's also possible there was an entity called Lhando, and Woody Haroldson split them in two to make Hando, who shortened it to Han; and Lando. Hence the tension when they meet in ESB. #slowpokescriptideas

24. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
  25. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    My main regret with Blessed in TPM is that he was covered in CG. Great presence reduced to pixelated pidgin speaking jowel spittle.