main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Embrace The FU - Formerly the STAR WARS IS BAD thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by -polymath-, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    ...but why does the goat have to burn? Is this something the Joker wants?

2. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the goat burn.

3. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Pfft we can do better. Let's start nitpicking now! Umm, let's see...Chewie's fur...it looks too shiny. He looks younger in the sequels than he did in the OT.

4. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    E

EGADS, he had a muzzle lift. That just gets my (not burning) goat.

Diggy likes this.
  5. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Don't worry. Chewbacca will be completely digital as well as the ESB/ROTJ puppet Yoda in the 2027 box set release for the 50th anniversary. Also, all lightsabers will be replaced with walkie talkies and anything war related will now be council meetings with exciting and peaceful negotiations.

6. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Are you purposefully trying to arouse Jabba-wocky ?

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  7. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
  8. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  9. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Hold my beer

10. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    what jcc does diggy live in where he doesn't read those kinds of posts every day?

11. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
  12. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    ANH: Not yet born.
    ESB: Not yet born.
    ROTJ: 6 months old, I probably wasn’t there.

I saw the trilogy for the first time in 1994 on my 12th birthday

TPM: I rushed to the theater after school. The only theater we had in my town was an old school style that could only show one movie at a time. It even had a balcony. I sat in the front row on the balcony and I was enthralled. After I left the theater, I saw my friend standing in line outside, so I bought another ticket and saw it twice on opening day. I probably saw it 10 times total in the theater.

AOTC: I was a freshman in college, and I saw it at the midnight release. I marathoned all the other movies earlier that night, and then walked down to the theater which was just downhill from my dorm room. Any time I had a free night for the rest of the school year, I went and saw it again. Also around 10 times total.

ROTS: At age 22, I had just bought my first car, so the trip to see it at midnight was my first solo drive. As I stood in line waiting to be let in, the whole crowd was anxious, so we all randomly started chanting “House of Wax!” which was also playing at that theater. After the movie was over, I took several wrong turns getting home, since I wasn’t quite familiar with my new city, so it was almost 4AM before I got home. I went straight to bed, and when I woke up, I drove down to see it again. 8 times total.

TFA: My wife and I saw it together at an evening show. I had read a spoiler about Han’s death, but I didn’t know the manner of it. When it happened, we both jumped in our seats. We took her mother to see it a few days later, but work schedules and tight finances made it so I could only see it twice in theaters.

Rogue One: I couldn’t see it opening night because that was the only day all of my family was available for a Christmas gift exchange. So I had to put my nerdiness on hold to be with my family. On the second day of its release, my wife wasn’t available, so I said screw it and went to watch it alone. She went with me a few days later on my second viewing. But again, due to work, I was only able to see it twice.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  13. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    How many days have you not seen the trailer?

Ender Sai likes this.
  14. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    Pffft, that went out the window a while ago.

15. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    When I was watching Walking Dead, I saw a few Last Jedi trailers that ordered me not to spoil anyone, which seemed rude. I haven't seen the movie yet. How can I spoil anyone when I haven't seen the movie? It felt like Pink Floyd yelling at me about meat and pudding.

JoinTheSchwarz and tom like this.
  16. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    soon you will tell us you don't like coldplay anymore and then there will be nothing left to help us remember who you are.

Ender Sai likes this.
  17. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    There's a shot in the newest trailer with a porg stuck to the Falcon's window after Chewie gives it a thorough slapping.

I'm not passing judgement on it, mind you. I am just noting it exists in a world where TLJ has great reviews.

18. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Hopefully it's on the cutting room floor, next to all of the Rogue One trailer footage.

19. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    You may feel that, I couldn't possibly comment.

I'm still waiting for Wocky to admit he mistook an advertising campaign's use of red for actual costumes. Right now he's quiet because his overlords have visited from Proxima Centauri and are trying to update code by applying their rigid mathematical logic (see also: Ramza) to the concept of art.

It's not going well, one imagines.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  20. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    As the server is probably going to be cinders by Friday morning, I’m going to give you my review now:

Wow. So much to unpack there. I’m sure this movie is going to be divisive, but I personally loved it. I didn’t mind the porgs. Star Wars is back. Best since Empire!

21. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998

That would be Christmas miracle to remember.

22. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

I'll predict Wocky's response: //esoteric complaints and a late reveal that he left during a key moment for a "bathroom break" without adjusting his expectations for the bit he missed.

23. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    There will also be something about an inconsequential background character that passingly did something either nice or evil and his programming will be all confused as their motive will not be revealed.

Ender Sai likes this.
  24. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    I applaud your candid admission that contrary to conventional wisdom Star Wars cannot heretofore in any shape or form be said to have been back.

25. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    You're all assuming wocky won't start criticizing TLJ before he's actually seen it?

Naïve.