main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Embrace The FU - Formerly the STAR WARS IS BAD thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by -polymath-, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    I'm no rabid Whedon fan. Avengers was so-so for me. But Firefly was like a little Star Wars miniseries, only without FTL travel or lightsabers.

2. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    ^That.^

3. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I love Joss as much as the next fan girl but I think he would be a bad fit for Star Wars. Plus he will be busy with avengers 2.

You received this Ninja message from Tapatalk

4. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    but i want to know when someone quotes me. just not when someone likes the post with the quote in it. that just strikes me as being weird.

5. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    The Jedi Council is the best placed Star Wars forum to capitalise on Episode VII, given that its the only one thats really stayed active all these years.

However it turns out, its going to be like rolling back the years. Buckle up and enjoy the ride.

DarthTunick likes this.
  6. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I'm sure with Avengers 2 and Shield Joss Whedon would be far too busy, but I'd love to see him do something SW.

And Whedon fans are no more annoying then any other fanboys/girls. They just have more right to be. :p

7. GargantuanThrillMachine

GargantuanThrillMachine Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2012
    i just hope disney does it right and makes a summer blockbuster about chewbacca and an eight-year-old han solo fighting crime

8. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    Whedon would be a debacle. Nolan would not be consistent with the tone or theory of star wars. JJ would be too fanboyish and I don't think they have slurpees in the GFFA. The only solution is ABED NADIR.

PrincessKenobi likes this.
  9. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    I don't care whether Whedon writes it. My main point is that Firefly really captured the right tone for dialogue and character interaction that a new Star Wars trilogy could aspire to. Or, it could take the John Carter of Mars route: utterly humorless, epic and overblown, with an unlimited effects budget and not a single character who stands out as someone the audience can really relate to. What we know for sure is that Disney is capable of both. They control Pixar and Marvel, which represent distinct styles of mostly successful filmmaking. And we have classic Disney live action and the Star Wars prequels, which represent another style. All the articles and commenting we saw popping up yesterday about how Disney was crazy to buy this tired Star Wars brand - that's the net effect of the prequels. Trust in the Star Wars brand is not high. If Disney wants it to succeed, they need to do something else besides what Lucas did with the prequels.

10. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    The poll on TF.N today has Clint Eastwood as a choice. I think this is the only option.

11. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    They should keep Whedon away from Star Wars at all costs. Let him play in his own little world and stay out of ours.

12. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Double post

13. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    Lets just give it to Spielburg.

You received this Ninja message from Tapatalk

Juliet316 likes this.
  14. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    No doubt Healer_Leona is correct and Whedon is too busy through 2015 to get involved. What we have to watch out for is signs that E7 is taking the John Carter path to brand annihilation.

Whatever happens, Star Wars gets another chance to become the brand it deserves to be.

15. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    Boba_Fett_2001 likes this.
  16. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Pandora's Box has been opened.

17. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I don't really care who will be at the helm, because I don't have a preference/want to see something that specific (in terms of the plot) in E7. The extent of my SW fandom lies with the films 1-6, and all my years here. Read one of the Thrawn books (I forget which one) once, and that was that. Haven't watched The Clone Wars, and don't have deep knowledge of the EU. I'm just happy for everything that will come as a result of this.

18. anakin_sal-solo

anakin_sal-solo Jedi Master star 1

Mar 2, 2011
    just thought of this, since disney is about bringin back old series i wonder if Droids or Ewoks will come back, lol, god help us

19. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    You somehow managed to see when you were quoted for seven years at the old place, right? :p

20. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    They should give David Lynch another shot. He has a good track record with Disney.

But in all seriousness, the only really viable option is Andrzej Zuwlaski. Look him up. I'll wait.

21. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    Whedon has to make a Buffy movie to revive SMG's career first, yo

22. Green_Destiny_Sword

Green_Destiny_Sword Force Ghost star 5

Jun 20, 2001
    What has Spielberg really done lately that was that great??

I still think it's very likely that we will see Vader in these new series. I think the initial idea can be a 7-9, but would not be surprised to see a full reboot as they just did with Spiderman or with the Hulk to a lesser extent.

Either way as long as Lucas has zero involvement, the potential for greatness in Star Wars has returned!

23. Green_Destiny_Sword

Green_Destiny_Sword Force Ghost star 5

Jun 20, 2001
    Triple that for George Lucas.

24. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    Dudes, I just visited a Star Wars forum here in the Star Wars forum. I'm not sure I did it right. I'm very rusty. Now I'm going to go try it again.

cratylus and Ramza like this.
  25. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    i dunno. i missed a lot of stuff at the old place apparently. :p

but seriously, it seems like it's a bug of some sort that it does that. whatever, i don't get quoted or liked all that much.