main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Embrace The FU - Formerly the STAR WARS IS BAD thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by -polymath-, Oct 30, 2012.

1. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    It even smells fake.

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Good, cuz it was too much like ESB.

3. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000
    "The Empire Strikes Back" at least is an active sentence. "The Fall Of Whatever Faction" sounds so fanficcy, I bet it was the speculated title for Revenge Of The Sith at some point as well.

4. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Star Wars: The Force Kinda Takes It Easy Before Really Starting the Day

5. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Whoa, Rogue. What's that old joke from 2014 doing here?

6. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Fair play to Mark Hamill. He has gone from for being a mediocre actor in the mid eighties, to being one of the most anticipated actors in 2017.

soitscometothis and SuperWatto like this.
  7. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Yes because having the good films reminded of the abject failure and narrative idiocy of the prequels is a brilliant idea. Nothing makes your film seem 10% better than reminding people Darth Vader was born of one temper tantrum and a lifetime of aspergers.

yankee8255 and SuperWatto like this.
  8. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000
    What sucks though, is that this thread is useless for keeping up-to-date on news about the new films. YouTube only offers people with speech impediments, and I'll be damned if I enter any of the movie forums on here again. So what gives? Ghost?

9. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    @SuperWatto,

What do you want to know?

10. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999

*sighs*

You never disappoint. A mere mention of anything PT related and we get an Ender PT Hate Rant. You are getting a bit predictable in your old age, mate.

Don't fret though. In this age of remakes and unabashed retcons, I wouldn't put it past Disney to just brush the PT under the rug and make new Eps. 1-3 a few years down the line. Because they can, and because people will pay to see them. Maybe then Vader will get the origin story he deserves.

11. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    To be fair, Ender only hate rants about the PT because they're ****ing awful is every regard.

12. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Oh, I know. But of the very few concepts or ideas that were relatively "good" about the PT, Samuel L Jackson as a Jedi Master with a purple lightsaber, was one of them (even if his swordsmanship or common sense left a bit to be desired).

But yeah, the PT is otherwise wretched refuse. However, unfortunately, no outside force (pun intended) has erased them from the space-time continuum and whether we like it - or most definitely not - they still have to be tolerated as canon. [face_sick]

13. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm starting to think it's best if the PT is rebooted. That way, the Original PT fans either suck it up or disown the franchise altogether, and then the whole SW fanbase is one unified force with no infighting whatsoever.

I can dream goddammit.

14. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    Keep masturbating guys.

15. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Ramza has such a hard-on for the rules.

16. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999

You can't say [three letter euphemism for masturbation that wasn't properly censored]? It's not even a real word!

17. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000
    Actually... that moment in the Theed hangar when the slide doors open to reveal Maul and Duel Of The Fates starts - that's not ****ing awful, that's ****ing fantastic!

18. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Apologist!

19. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000
    Also: Watto

DarthIntegral and Bacon164 like this.
  20. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
  21. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    No moment in the history of cinema has or shall ever top "Soliloquies on Sand"

Ender Sai likes this.
  22. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Sure, the PT had its moments and scenes. The elements were there. The problem was the writing, and to a lesser extent, the acting.

I've never understood the racism charges against it though. Your head must be pretty full of cartoon stereotypes if Jar Jar makes you think of a Rastafarian. "Watto is a Jew! He has a big nose and only cares about money, just like Jews! It's racist!" It's a dangerous accusation too.

Ender Sai and DarthTunick like this.
  23. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    Me too as well. I think it's a case of "They're racist caricatures, I don't know exactly what of, but they are".

24. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012

So hypnotic...

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  25. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    They most certainly do not. Not in my canon.

Darth_Invidious and Ender Sai like this.