main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Embrace The FU - Formerly the STAR WARS IS BAD thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by -polymath-, Oct 30, 2012.

1. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I worry that it could be the first film in the saga where some fans really like it. So much so they gush about it. We might give them a label. Gushishts. Gushifyiner. Gushers. I don't know. And then there will be a segment of the fan base that doesn't like it, at all. So much so that they bash it. And we might give them a label. Bashball Players. Bashingists. Bahsers. I don't know. And this will create a divide that the fan base has never seen before.

2. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    I also worry that not liking a non saga Star Wars movie will not carry the same fan social stigma as not liking films from the sagacular cycle. I really don't want it to not have that level of stigma. Otherwise, what's the point of disliking it? I worry that it will be like disliking a Star Trek movie, or a Die Hard sequel.

3. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Yeah, I really like everything I've seen so far but I also have that part of me that's saying "please don't suck, please don't suck."

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  4. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    If it's good, then eventually we'll get a prequel called Rogue Leader where a young adult Anakin becomes Darth Vader in the first 10 minutes of the movie and then the other two hours will be Vader being badass during the fall of the Republic. Then a few years later, we'll get a prequel to Rogue Leader called Rogue Origins that will focus on Palpatine's manipulations of Maul, Dooku, and a young Anakin where the seeds of the Empire are sown into the Republic.

Then a box set will come out with new titles and altered opening crawls with "A Star Wars Story" removed.

Star Wars Episode I Rogue Origins
    Star Wars Episode II Rogue Leader
    Star Wars Episode III Rogue One

If it's bad, it'll just be grouped with TPM, AOTC, and ROTS as another failed prequel.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I am wary of Episode VIII, but I have not seen anything about Rogue One that implies suckage.

6. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    If you aren't panicking over reshoots that every film does, or about the composer being replaced because of scheduling issues...

7. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

I hate you.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  8. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    I like what I'm seeing from the trailers, but feeling wary due to how lackluster Edwards's Godzilla was.

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  9. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I loved Godzilla. I never really got the dislike some people had. I swear to God, Ken Watanabe is good. He is.

cubman987 likes this.
  10. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I enjoyed it too, but not as much as I thought I would.

11. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Agreed

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  12. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Ken Watanabe is great, just really hard to understand like Irrfan Khan, and everyone in Snatch.

13. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  14. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Ok, yeah, so who came up with that Death Star sized SSD? Too bad though that the name alone renders that just as slightly humorous click bait.

Edit: oh wait, that's something out of Dark Empire. Christ, the useless crap I somehow remember for no good reason whatsoever...

15. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    No, it's someone making fun of a ridiculous fan design.

16. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    So out of boredom, I revisited the first few pages of this thread. Man, a lot of people were spot on with their predictions, plus there were a lot more people on here four years ago.

cratylus likes this.
  17. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    You mean before the predicted influx of new fans?

Boba_Fett_2001 likes this.
  18. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Well three out of four ain't bad.

Edit: Also, man, the pre-Frinkiac dark ages of Simpsons stills. Don't miss those.

19. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    We got Leoluca.

20. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Some of them were quitbies, to be fair.

21. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    I'm sure there was an influx. We just outfluxed them.

jp-30 likes this.
  22. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Anyone heard of the board game "Imperial Assault"?

Made by Fantasy Flight Games, who make the RPG and the X-Wing miniatures game, it's similar to the Hero Quest boardgame some of you non-millennials might remember from the late 80s.

You play a squad of up to 4 rebel heroes against a player controlling the empire, completing objectives and gaining new items and abilities as you go.

It's detailed, and takes a while to get the hang of, but for you Star Wars nerds it's actually a lot of fun to sit down with friends and annoy the imperial player.

The minis are gorgeous too:

[​IMG]

(note: they come unpainted)

L-R: Jyn Odan, Smuggler; Diala, Force Adept; Garkaan, Wookie Smash!; Gideon, tactical commander; Fenn, rebel soldier, and Mak - token Bothan infiltrator.

23. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    I'd never thought about the kind of damage a fire hydrant wrench could do in the hands of Chewie.

24. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    A lot. I mean, you can get solid momentum in a swing with that thing.

Darth_Invidious and Rylo Ken like this.
  25. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    TPM is on TNT. Anyone have it on in the background while surfing the net? :r2::yoda::qui::amidala: