main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Zonama Sekot questions

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Red.Two, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Red.Two

Red.Two Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 25, 2012
    I haven't read "The Unifying Force" or "Rogue Planet," but I've still got questions about Zonama Sekot. how does Sekot communicate? Spoken words? Telepathy? Empathy? Semaphore? Does Sekot control any life forms on the planet, or are they all autonomous? Does Sekot control the planet's evolution? What Force powers does the planet possess? Would it be possible for the planet to train Jedi or get corrupted by the Dark Side?

2. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Sekot apparently used the force to some degree to talk to people and from the look of it thinking life forms are autonomous, but stuff like plants and animals can be controlled by the planet.

3. Red.Two

Red.Two Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 25, 2012
    What Force powers did the planet possess, and how did it manifest/use them? Could Sekot create a storm that cast Force Lightning instead of normal lightning? I know the planet was capable of generating enough Force energy to travel at hyperspace speeds.

4. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    Zonama Sekot had actual hyperdrive engines, it didn't use the Force for that. It used some sort of Force phantom (OMGWTF?!!) ability to generate the second Magister, Jabitha, Anakin Skywalker, and Vergere. I don't really remember what role it took in The Unifying Force during the battle. In Rogue Planet, I think it just used its hive mind to direct planetary defense against the Yuuzhan Vong and Tarkin's fleet.

5. MasterGhandalf

MasterGhandalf Jedi Master star 3

Oct 25, 2009
    During TUF it mostly just destabilized the Coruscant system (and Vong-occupied Coruscant itself) by inserting itself into orbit, and then captured and neutralized attacking Vong ships (though that likely utilized Sekot's own affinity for the Vong at least as much as the Force). In Reunion it also used weaponized electrical storms against a Vong scout force, and I'd assume it could also create Sith Lightning if it put its mind to it (though the idea of the sheer level of malice necessary to produce that power on a planetary scale is terrifying even in theory).

As to how Sekot communicates, I always understood it as simply creating avatars based on people it knew to talk to humanoids on a level they could comprehend, and it "talks" the same way Force ghosts and other non-corporeal beings do it. It also shows the ability (in TUF) to possess people, but the only one it does that to is Jabitha, who as Magister had an abnormally close relationship with the planetary consciousness- personally, I doubt if Sekot could do that to anyone else (at least against their will).

I also don't think that Sekot directly controls every animal, plant, and bacterium on its surface but rather acts as more of a harmonizing force that occasionally steps in directly to prevent the ecosystem from collapsing- though of course, all life that's native to the planet at least in part makes up the consciousness we call "Sekot", so saying where one begins and the other ends is a fairly academic exercise.

Red.Two likes this.
  6. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    The premise seems to be that the life forms on Zonama are the equivalent of cells to Sekot. It is a consciousness borne out of the symbiont ecosystem.

Red.Two likes this.
  7. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Zonama Sekot communicated through love...