main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Zonama Sekot

Discussion in 'Literature' started by LordSilvertouch, Sep 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordSilvertouch

LordSilvertouch Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2003
    A while back i read DW again and i realised that Zonama Sekot could easily be Yuuzhan'tar. Sorry if there is already a thread on this.

Anyway, with only two books to wrap thigns up, Zonama Sekot being Yuuzhan'tar is a very good and easy way to make the solution. It'd be quite a big twist, and would work too (a planet lost in another galaxy with a strange connection with the force anda huge connection to life).

Related to the unifyign force, since Zonama Sekot has a lot to do with Physical and Living but not Unifying Force. Maybe that's why the Jedi coudln't feel them?

Are they are outside of the Unifying force

2. jedi-master-dearn

jedi-master-dearn Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 2, 2003
    zonoma sekot being the vong homeworld?? that would be interesting.

its been a while since i read any books mentioning the old vong homeworld but didnt they mention something about it being destroyed or not able to support life?

3. LordSilvertouch

LordSilvertouch Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2003
    All i know is that there was some kind of war in their own galaxy and it was lost in another.

4. sith1137

sith1137 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2001
    That would be one heck of a plot twist. Sounds very interesting.

5. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Considering Sekot's feelings toward the Vong after what the Vong Advanced Force did to it so long ago, I doubt Sekot would allow itself to be turned into the new Vong homeworld.

6. 6-6-6

6-6-6 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2002
    Based on the summaries of TFP and TUF, in addition to what we already know about Zonama Sekot, it wouldn't surprise me if that planet was Yuuzhan'tar. I suspect that the lifeforms which inhabited Yuuzhan'tar {including the Vong) have a direct connection to Sekot or Zonama.

The more that I think about it, the more I am convinced that Sekot is directly related to the Vong homeworld and will be (I'll try to quote here) "the planet of the Jedi which will bring liberation to the Shamed Ones"

7. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    A while back i read DW again and i realised that Zonama Sekot could easily be Yuuzhan'tar. Sorry if there is already a thread on this.

yeah, I had this thought as well, and I think a lot of other people did too. It would be a convinent ending if they could just get on Zonama Sekot and leave ;) but I don't think that's going to happen.

8. Gaeri

Gaeri Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 12, 2003
    A lot people dismiss this theory about Zonama Sekot being Yuuzhan'tar because Zonama Sekot seems to dislike the Vong so much. Bad allergic reaction or something. There are other reasons, but this seems prime among them.

But Zonama Sekot only gained consciousness some 30 years ago. It's possible that it was a planet with incredible force potential before, was in the Vong galaxy and fled for whatever reason to the galaxy we have all come to know and love. But it wasn't until after all this, until the Vong came and attacked, that it had a reason to wake up. Perhaps it just doesn't remember being Yuuhzan'tar. It's a relatively young conscious.

"the planet of the Jedi which will bring liberation to the Shamed Ones"

Is this a quote from Nom Anor's little faction that worships the Jeedai or from Vong folklore itself? Can't remember...

I still like that theory that Shimmra (I think it was him) had. Perhaps, when Yun Yuuzhan sacrificed his various parts to create the Vong, he also sacrificed his Force presense. It'd be interesting to find out where that Force presense manifested itself in Vong society.

9. J_K_DART

J_K_DART Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Technically isn't that quote a spoiler since it's from the excerpt? I agree on that, btw.

However, I doubt ZS is Yuuzhantar, bearing in mind the Vong shaped Coruscant into a replica of their homeworld in T, and *none* of the physical descriptions match up in the slightest. E.g. the Bridge.

10. jedi-master-dearn

jedi-master-dearn Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 2, 2003
    I guess time well tell exactly what zonama sekot is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.