main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Zonder sucks.

Discussion in 'Literature' started by 000, Sep 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    I've held it in long enough, but sabarte or someone else in his thread brought this issue to the forefront again.

Plus, we're all allowed an inane personal peeve or too, right? Right?

Anyway, since we don't have enough gratuituous threading going on lately, here's one for Zonder, that big ugly Cathar who insists on calling himself a Selonian.

Why? Why? Selonians are slinky otter things that dislike gold chains. Zonder's a big burly cat. Even worse, Paul Ens told me, when I asked, that he was aware of the discrepancy, but wanted to bring Selonians back in line with Daley's version.

Say what? They're a MacBride Allen creation. And they're otters.

I mean, if you've done the research, then why muck it up?

2. sabarte

sabarte Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    There are 14 pre-existing cat species in the EU, and not a single other otter species.

The Selonians are also among the best-developed races of the EU just for time spent on them.

Not that a male Allen Selonian in the Jedi Order wouldn't bring up a lot of interesting issues, but a lot of those issues have already been covered by the Coneheads.

You'd get like a hundred kids out of a Jedi Selonian, and I doubt his den would release him if he wasn't allowed to breed. Massive Jedi population boom on Selonia? Maybe it's a good thing Zonder's on the run.

3. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    On a tangent, Dracmus's stub on Wookieepedia is pathetic. Some Selonian-obsessed individual should get that up to snuff immediately.

4. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    Shameful. I fixed that up right good.

5. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Don't know who Zonder is, but I really dug Dracmus, in that non-perv way. My impression of sleek felines will remain, regardless of the EGTAS pic I only recently saw. Selonians are breeding manufactories---out they come and away they go, when you think about. You know what I like best about Selonians?

Lies are anathema to them.

They have a deep aversion to dishonesty.

What other species does this, I ask you? What other species have we gotten that, out of all the silly little traits and personality, considers a mere lie to be such cultural violation? It was the key to the whole trilogy, and it showed the basest simplicity began it all, and ended it all.

I want to hear echoes of agreement. "We love Selonians! [:D]

6. _ViE_AcheRoN_

_ViE_AcheRoN_ Jedi Youngling star 3

May 3, 2003
    Tynnans?

7. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Well, they're kind of an otter/muskrat/water vole mish-mash.

8. Reecee

Reecee Jedi Master star 3

Feb 14, 2004

On a tangent, Dracmus's stub on Wookieepedia is pathetic. Some Selonian-obsessed individual should get that up to snuff immediately.

Sad, but I immediately thought Corran. . .

9. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Haha.

In a galaxy with so many diverse sapient forms, it's not surprising that sexual attraction would be somewhat broadened, but...c'mon.

10. sabarte

sabarte Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    There's another thing I've been seeing more and more of with Selonians - an odd idea that the breeders are in charge by people misinterpreting stuff. Like the references to the Queen of Selonia in Dark Horse. They seem to be unclear on the (eusocially nifty!) concept.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.