main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Zonoma Sekot - Can They Create A Living Bipedal Humanoid "Ship" Named... Anakin Solo? (DW+ Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Genghis12, Nov 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Zonoma Sekot, a place which has the power to create a living, breathing lifeform (people with a limited perception would merely view these lifeforms as a "ship") based on the deepest desires of whomever is bonded with.

But, how limited is one's thinking to view these lifeforms as "ships." As mere tools. These "ships" are life. Living. Breathing.

So, with a minor and simple semantic correction, Zonoma Sekot can create life.

Don't look at what is created as being a starship.

What if they gave this special ship's hull a bipedal humanoid shell. What if instead of a pilot, they gave this special ship it's own "brain" to pilot the ship, encoded with the perfect, unmolested memories of Winter to govern the thought process. They gave the ship's markings the same features of Anakin Solo. They gave this special ship a genetic data transferral system fitted for Tahiri. And with everything about the "ship-makers" on Zonoma Sekot, they trust themselves to the Force to give the Anakin Soloship the final piece, the soul.

Then can Zonoma Sekot create Anakin Solo through the Force?

I don't see why they wouldn't be able to. He's already there, waiting for them.

And we know that Luke and Co. might be going there to get him.

2. Syntax

Syntax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2001
    The flaw:

Winter's memories are not Anakin's memories. They are merely HER memories OF Anakin. Especially considering that she was not around him at all times, from the moment of his birth to the moment of his death.

3. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    [face_laugh]

Oh, wait. You were serious. :)

Good idea.

[face_laugh]

4. Goreld

Goreld Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2002
    That idea sounds dangerously close to the avatar of the bald woman from V-ger in Star Trek: The Motion Picture.

And that makes me cry.

5. GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE

GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE Jedi Knight star 7

May 8, 2002
    Have any of you comrades know what RIP means. Let him RIP.

Axl.

6. Violento

Violento Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2002
    "The flaw:

Winter's memories are not Anakin's memories. They are merely HER memories OF Anakin. Especially considering that she was not around him at all times, from the moment of his birth to the moment of his death."

Indeed what you would get is a walking anakin with winter's mind inserted into it.

So everything it would remember, would be from 2nd-person experiances, rather than 1st-person experiances.

Now on the other hand it was a caamasi(IIRC caamasi physiology correctly) who did one of their mind meld things to anakin to receive all of his memories at some point(a plot point that could conceivably be fit into continuity), then you would have a source of first-person memories, that would only go up to as far as when the mind-meld took place though, not anything past that time.

7. YoungJedi11

YoungJedi11 Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    I think that's a really good idea Genghis, and they'd be wise to try it. :) I hope Zenoma Sekot will be in the NJO, it hasn't showed up yet. Was there ever detail to where it was? It may be behind enemy lines now. Or destroyed. Something tells me the Yuuzhan Vong would destroy something like that. But, if it's intact (provided you find another memory source - I have to agree with everyone else on that :( ), then I don't see any reason it couldn't work! :)

8. Syntax

Aug 1, 2001
    Val:

So everything it would remember, would be from 2nd-person experiances, rather than 1st-person experiances.

Wouldn't it be third-person perspective? I.e., an outside source, other than the actual person.
    Not totally relevant, just wondering about the terminology.

Your Caamasi idea, though... I hadn't thought of that one. That's pretty neat. :)
    However, I don't recall the specific mind-meld with Anakin Solo. Do you know when that took place? Was that in the NJO, or before it, or is it mentioned in some other source (NEGtC or EGtAS or something)?

9. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Sorry it was a typo on my part, :p, I meant 3rd-person. Not 2nd-person which is generally the style used by plays.

As for a specific mind meld of anakin and a caamasi happening in literature, it hasn't been written down, but authors could conceivably write a flashback to it happening if they wanted to make a believable way for anakin clone to get his memories back.

10. Syntax

Aug 1, 2001
    Yeah... I always figured that 1st/2nd/3rd was used in literary/theatre terminology. 1st is the narrator speaking as a character, 3rd (with its various forms, like 3rd-limited, 3rd-omniscient) is the narrator simply telling the story (like, say... every single Star Wars novel except for a few select "Tales from.." stories, and 'I, Jedi') and 2nd is the narrator speaking TO a specific character ("you"). In real-life (as in, your day-to-day interactions with other people), "2nd-person" doesn't really exist (except in like.. the conjugation of verbs).

As you can see, I passed all of my English/drama classes with flying colors. ;) :p

Edit - Oh! I thought the Anakin/Caamasi "mind-meld" had actually happened in some source, and I'd totally missed it. Thanks for clarifying that.

11. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    "In real-life (as in, your day-to-day interactions with other people), "2nd-person" doesn't really exist (except in like.. the conjugation of verbs)."

Thus, why I said I typoed and meant to type a 3, and then brought up the information that 2nd-person is only a literary term dealing with plays.

Anyways, I think if he was to be brought back camaasi could be the only viable way to get his memories.

12. DarthKarde

DarthKarde Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    This has to be one of the strangest Anakin Solo return theory that I have every heard. I'm all for it.

13. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    His exact past memories are incidental to his person.

If it's a problem for some, just strike it from the theory. :)

14. njb87

njb87 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2002
    It doesnt seem strange to me at all. I think it is very likely that Sekot has the power to do it.

Although the idea that they get his memory from a different person doesnt seem likely. But In the past, stronge Jedi had spirits wandering or causeing havok.

They could get his memory and personality from something else. Hes spirit could enter the newly made body. Or maybe there is a change that Anakins old light saber is found and his spirt is living in the lambent crystal.

When Anakin died he was focusing a lot of energy on the crystal so that he could feel the Vong he was fighting. His glowing at the end of his life could have been that he and the crystal were becoming one. One living thing, and his spirit then left his body and entered the crystal.

15. Syntax

Aug 1, 2001
    I'm gonna have to support Val on this one - methinks the Caamasi would be vital to making this proposed theory actually work. The only other thing (which, admittedly, is totally out of the question) could potentially be Ssi'ruvi (sp?) "entechment". I'd have to brush up on my knowledge of how that works, and what the limits are -- luckily I'm reading the TAB sourcebook as we speak. ;)

16. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Surely one of the more interesting theories, Genghis. There has to be some reason for the living planet that we have yet to see. Could it be yours? I guess it's the old wait-and-see once again.

17. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    But what happens to Anakins spirit that was seen in Traitor? With the new body for Anakin, then why can't the spirit of Anakin inhabit the body, like Callista inhabited Cray's body? That way Anakin would have all the memories and experiences that he had gained from 17 years of experience, including the Myrkr mission ones.

18. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    Exactly, which is why "downloading" memories into Anakin Soloship is not a requirement, if his actual soul/essence is downloaded to it via the Force.

19. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    "But what happens to Anakins spirit that was seen in Traitor? With the new body for Anakin, then why can't the spirit of Anakin inhabit the body, like Callista inhabited Cray's body? That way Anakin would have all the memories and experiences that he had gained from 17 years of experience, including the Myrkr mission ones."

Well beyond the rpg saying that power, is "The most difficult and evil of all Dark Side powers."-dark empire sourcebook, and totj sourcebook,(they also said that, while using the power is corruptive, using it on an unwilling host is the most corruptive), as well as if an attempt fails one's life energy is "dispersed into the void".

It was based on this information, that KJA wrote in darksaber that callista could only access darkside powers, and not the lightside because she had used that darkside power.

Of course It wouldn't upset me to have anakin return and go to the darkside because of using that power, and then get redeemed by his family, thus for him fulfill the fear he had of being his own grandfather's namesake, and then get redeemed from it to become a great hero.

20. DashASolo

DashASolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2002
    I'm impressd. This is the best Anakin Theory I have heard yet. What makes it so believable is that we know so little about Zonoma Sekot. There is already so much that they( the authors and editors) can do with it because they have used it so sparingly so far in the series. I would be happy and fine with Anakin coming back with no memory of his previous life. That would be an interesting plot device to say the least.

"new Anakin, meet Tahiri. Tahiri, new Anakin"

HE DIED. I don't think he should come back as good as new and the same as the old Anakin. He should have to relearn everything: being a jedi, piloting, tahiri, etc.

that would make this series all the more entertaining.

Good job, Genghis.

21. Syntax

Aug 1, 2001
    Regarding "downloading" Anakin's spirit -- who says he WANTS to do that? He already willingly gave himself to the Force, and for all we know, the "spirit" that was in 'Traitor' was merely a trick or illusion generated by Vergere. Callista's little trick worked because her spirit had remained among the Living Force, instead of passing on into whatever higher plane that Jedi spirits go to (such as what happened to Yoda, or Anakin Solo, etc).

22. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    "higher plane that Jedi spirits go to"

Ahem, :):

[image=http://www.xieish.com/users/valiento/afterlife.jpeg]

23. Syntax

Aug 1, 2001
    What's that from?

However, the point remains, isn't it a bit "selfish" to think that Anakin might want to come back in a new body? I mean, when The Emperor did it, he was portrayed as being a bad guy for it. When Callista did it, she got totally shafted. Methinks IF they take that route with Anakin (which I doubt), he'll get royally screwed.

24. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    Unicron!!!!!

25. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    [image=http://www.transformers.themoon.co.uk/images/ourcollection/Gen1/Unicron/Unicron31.jpg]

"Anakin Soloship: IG-88A ain't got poodoo on me!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.