main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Zonoma's Old Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Zonoma, Sep 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    Well, now I've gone and done it. I'm a familiar face in the Fan Fic forums and have lurked here for a while. I am hesitant to start this thread but one only grows by practicing, right? Enjoy and remember, gentle critique is welcome and flattery will get you everywhere.

In general:[/color]
    [link=http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/26654510/]Jaina Solo, "Lost"[/link][color=royalblue] for my story [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=21530527&replies=6]Worth Saving[/link][/color]
    [link=http://www.deviantart.com/view/25229210/]The First Fel Family Portrait[/link]
    [link=http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/23208358/]Jaina's Challenge[/link]
    [hr]

[color=darkred]Pieces Involved with [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Beyond_the_Saga/b10477/20699513/?303]Children of the Force I[/link]:
    [link=http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/24387522/]Meari Durron[/link]
    [link=http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/25092750/]Lumiya, Dark Lady of the Sith[/link]
    [link=http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/25117361/]Estira, WIP[/link]
    [link=http://www.deviantart.com/view/25334744/]Blood is Thicker than Tears[/link]
    [link=http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/26184161/]Jedi Youngling[/link]

See [link=http://boards.theforce.net/fan_art/b10020/17799440/p1]FalconFan's thread[/link] for her wonderful rendition of:

-Padme Skywalker, page 16
    -Arcas, page 17
    -Leto Durron, page 20
    -Jace Durron, page 23

Colored versions in [link=http://boards.theforce.net/fan_art/b10020/21882343/p1/?83]Big Fatty's thread[/link].

[b]Non Star Wars Art[/b]
    Self Portrait, [link=http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/30314743/]Foolish[/link][/color]

2. Bale

Bale Jedi Master star 4

May 9, 2005
    Great work Z! I'm envious of your talent. :)

3. Jennifer_Lyn

Jennifer_Lyn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 8, 2005
    Hi Z!

Look, you got me to leave Fanfic!

Lovely piece of work! I'm looking forward to more!

*scurries back to fanfic land*

J_L

4. ladylaurel18

ladylaurel18 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2005
    Jaina in the traditional Han Solo pose - except with a lightsaber instead of a blaster, and in a uniform with the New Republic's symbol.

I like it.

5. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    Bale,
    Thank you, Bale. You already know that I love what you do, too! What you can do with a computer....:D Very nice.

J_L,
    You are as good as your word! And as I do have some pieces commissioned there should be more coming.

ladylaurel18,
    My apprentice in the arts of fan fic! Welcome. Yes, I wanted something between a "come hither" and a "make my day" look on her face and in her demeanor and it came out 100% Han Solo! [face_laugh] Go figure, huh?

I'm glad you noticed the patch, too. It does have the NR shield on it but it is actually slightly modified for Twin Suns. If you look closely there is a small dot (sun) on this side of the "anchor-thingy". There is meant to be one mirroring it on the other side.

Thanks, guys!
    You are the best!

Z

6. IrishEyedJedi

IrishEyedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 24, 2005

Able to proof read chapters in a single read, write stories that will bring you to tears, and now draw characters that look amazing!

It's not a bird or a plane it's . . . Z!

7. Gloria

Gloria Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    Pretty snazzy, Zonoma! =D= Love the pose.. and the shoes! :eek: [face_batting]

Looking forward to seeing more of your drawings. :D

8. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    IrishEyedJedi!
    Thanks for stopping by... you are too funny! Actually, art work has been a love of mine before writing was but maybe that's because I haven't always known my letters.[face_thinking]

Gloria,
    Someone I don't know! Whoo-hoo! Thank you for reviewing.

Yeah, those shoes are very out of character aren't they? I'd like to say that I just wanted something fun except that this is supposed to be a "character study." [face_blush] Oh well. The truth is that I'm not quite talented enough to work completely free lance and the model I used for body shape and hair style was wearing stilletto heels.:rolleyes: Don't they all? This is something that I really need to over come.

9. Fenrisulven

Fenrisulven Jedi Master star 1

Nov 18, 2004
    Wow, you did a really good job on her eyes and hair. Would be nice to see more; you're really talented!

10. Gloria

Gloria Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    Personally, I actually think they're kind of in character.. though I may be twisting facts a bit. I mean, Jaina is still feminine in some areas and a very bring it type girl.. the heels add attitude? [face_whistling] Works for me! :p

11. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Wow master you are not only a good writer but a good artist as well.

Jaina is in an awsome pose. Completly Solo.

The serpent, exactally how I immagined him. it's awsome.

I hope there's more drawings in store for the future

12. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    wow, Jaina is awesome. [face_love] it! She looks like I always imagined her.
    btw: I read some parts of your fanfic, it's clearly the best I ever read.

More? :D

13. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Z!!! You're here! Yay!

::grins::

I love the Jaina drawing. You've done her clothes very well -- that's still something that I need to work on! Shading's brilliant, too.

The serpent sketch is a nice little addition too! :D

More soon?

14. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    Perhaps I am simply the most undertalented artist here and don't know much but!! :eek: [face_hypnotized]

Your Jaina pic is AMAZING!! I wanted to get her phone number! :p

Great job, Z!!

15. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    Fenrisulven,
    Thank you! I spent a bit more time on her hair than I usually do. It's nice to know that it shows.

Gloria,
    Works for me!:D

princess_melissa,
    Thank you for coming out to visit my new home away from home!

Chilla,
    Thank you... Jaina is really easy to imagine because she's got moxy.

The best you've ever read? Now you're just messing with me! Though I am curious which one you read.:confused:

Idrelle,
    Yeah, I'm here now.:D Nice place you guys have here, too.

I spent sooo much time on her flight suit that it's not funny. Not even a little. It's good to have it noticed. Thank you.

Souderwan,
    You really are a goof![face_laugh] But a lovable goof. Thank you.

16. WynssaStarflare

WynssaStarflare Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    Great job Z! Both of those pictures are spectacular! :D
    --Wynssa

17. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    You're very talented Z.

18. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Wow! That Jaina is really good! The only problem I can see is that her eyes are a bit too small (as you can tell from the large space between them) and that they are a bit too far down on her head. But other then that, great work! :)

19. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Glad you decided to drop by Fan Art, Zonoma!

You character studies look excellent! Jaina is really full of life and the pose you've chosen is very befitting of her. You can tell just from looking at her, that she's a Solo.

On the artistic side of things - the proportions look fairly accurate and you have a real nice handle on shading. The hair in particular really stands out. I hope you continue to draw and share your creations! :D

20. Briman

Briman Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2004
    :eek: That Jaina art was amazing! =D= Z, you are really, really good!

21. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    Wyn,
    Hello! And welcome. Thank you, I like them too.

Lola,
    Hi! Oh, I was hoping you would hear about this but I didn't want to intrude upon your PM box. Thank you.

ThrawnRocks,
    Yeah, I noticed those flaws, too, but decided to post it anyway. I am very vulnerable with my art and need to just "get over it". Your critique was an excellent example of constructive and gentle. Thank you.

I will naturally do more of Jaina since she is such an awesome character and hopefully I'll get it right the "next time." Ya know?

HanSolo29,
    Wow, I am honored to have you here. And thank you esp for "just from looking at her, that she's a Solo." I try for attitude and mood above all else in my artwork.

Captain Briman!
    Hello, my son. :p And thank you.

22. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    Fantastic work Zonoma! And you were hiding this artistic talent from us...I'm very glad you decided to share these with us! Definitely one of the smoothest Jaina fanarts I've ever seen, so much attitude, so much defiance... for some bizarre reason it reminds me of that part in Men In Black where Will Smith says "I make this look good". I can just imagine her quipping this for some reason. Bizarre I know! Marvelous work on the hair, I am a definite hair of dynamic hair! :) Well done and hope to see more from you very soon...oh and thanks for dredging my thread up I appreciate it!

Oh and I'm finally glad to be able to return the many kind comments you gave me in my thread! :)

23. GrandAdmiralV

GrandAdmiralV Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2005
    Awesome work, Z! I like the high heels, myself -- she's kind of got that Uma Thurman from Kill Bill vibe going (maybe it's the combination of the jumpsuit and the "take no prisoners" stance).

I'm always in awe of people who can draw well, probably because I can't! ;)

Can't wait to see more!

24. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Hello Zonoma, and WOW!! These are wonderful!

I especially love the Jaina study: everyone's already used all the best words, like "dynamic," "attitude," etc! Her "smirk" is pure Han, as someone else has already said--and the shading here is fabulous! I can't get over the wonderful texture and volume you've given her flightsuit (the little "SOLO" patch on the chest pocket is inspired!)--very well done! And to get a look at the critter that poisoned Jace is very, very cool! You're going to finish that one, right...?

Can't wait to see some more (are you doing CotF characters too? Would love to see some of those! :D )!

FF

25. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005

Wow! I leave for the weekend and return to find to of my favorite artists and my beloved beta from Fan Fic have left me priceless gifts! How lucky am I? I think I will have to update soon because I am loving this! (And really, who wouldn't?:p)

Corellian_Rogue,

"I make this look good." [face_laugh]I laughed out loud when I read this! I can totally picture Jaina saying that. "Sorry, flyboy, the difference is that I make this look good. Now, are you still up for that duel or are you worried I might leave you lying on your back all alone again?" [face_laugh]

Thank you for the compliments. I have seen your work and to have you say words like "smoothest" and "attitude" and "defiance" seems an incredible honor to me.

And, for the record, I was NOT "dredging up" your thread. I love viewing it and lurk more often than my comments would lead you to believe. I vow to lurk no more!

GAV,
    I love the words people are using to describe Jaina in this piece, "take no prisoners" is among my faves. I am so glad you came to check out my other passion, Joy. Thank you.

FalconFan,
    Thank you so much for your kind words, FalconFan. You were one of the two artists over here that encouraged me to start a thread months ago. I'm so glad that I took your advice and now I need to get cracking on some more fan art!

As for finishing the serpent... I probably won't but we'll see if it bites again. And as for other CotF characters: I wasn't going to do any that had been requested from you because your stuff is soooo good. I will be doing Meari though, (the character I write and the sister of Leto and Jace) as well as a few others. But I need to do a Zekk portrait first which will be difficult. I have always found drawing women easier than drawing men. But I should learn sometime, right?

Once again, I am honored at the responses I have recieved. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.