main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Zonoma's Old Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Zonoma, Sep 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Like I've said on DevArt, very nice.

EDIT: On a really random note, do you have any COTF-related news? I haven't seen any updates in quite awhile.

2. Snap

Snap Jedi Youngling

Jul 4, 2006
    Nice job! I like how the chalk gives it a really sketchy, organic feel. Plus it's Ben. ^_^

3. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    Hey all! ~

Thank you so much for the kind words on my 'play art' Ben. My fave aspect was the 'organic' smirk as well.

And now for something completely different:

ALEMA RAR
    [image=http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i277/Mustafear/AlemaRar.jpg]

This is my first attempt at an alien. This is, admittedly, the cropped version though I may post the unfinished 'full' version later. All colored pencils and a single graphite sketch lead.

Z

4. NLSkywalker

NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2005
    That's really cool, her eyes are impressive!

5. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh Zonoma, this is amazing!! What a great, great drawing of Alema! Just the right combination of arrogance, beauty and Sithly-eyes (I place this piece during the DNT...?)! =D==D= She's really gorgeous (whoever you used to model this piece, you chose very well--and if you just invented this face.... **jealousy overload**), and the highlights on her blue skin are beautiful. You really did a fantastic job with the colored pencils, too--very smooth and dense, giving it a wonderful rich quality--almost like oil pastels or something of that nature... A stunning portrait of Alema--beautiful, beautiful job!! =D=

FF

6. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    It's very stunning, indeed. I agree with FalconFan. The glow is excellent, as is the expression.

7. WynssaStarflare

WynssaStarflare Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    Great job Z!!! That turned out awesome!

8. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    hello Zonoma!

i don't spend a lot of time here, but i have replied to a few threads and when i saw you were here i thought, "might as well!" and boy am i ever glad that i stopped by!

Blood is Thicker than Tears, was just sensational. the depth of the character's eyes, the depth of the trickle of blood - i know there is a story behind this and that's exactly what every piece of art should bring forth - a story, and you did that wonderfully.

that portrait was absolutely beautiful. not only the work itself, but the story you told us about. i can't say how happy it makes me feel to know that there are people out there that are willing to try again, meet their fears and move on with their lives. that's something very rare, and not to mention absolutely inspiring.

amazing work, Z. just amazing.

9. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    Wow! The beautiful art on your drabble threads sent me coming this way. What wonderful renditions. Your depictions are so real. The Solos look so vibrant and alive in these drawings, you make me want to know more about them. :D A picture really does say a thousand words. Do you take requests? [face_praying] [face_batting]

10. Brant_Flir

Brant_Flir Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2005
    Great artwork Z!

~Brad

11. Handmaiden_Azul

Handmaiden_Azul Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2005
  12. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    Thank you all for the kind replies! I?m sorry it takes me so long to get back to you these days. [face_blush]

NLSkywalker ~ Thank you!

Deb ~ Thank you! I actually did use a model (I think I have it scanned in to show you, too- will PM it). It was an ad in some teen magazine and, when I saw it, I thought ?perfect!?. Glad you agree.

I liked this piece a WHOLE lot better before I attempted to color it and, because I messed it up so badly with the colored pencils, I scanned into the computer and toyed with it. I?m still not completely satisfied with her, but I?ll post the semi-final results. I honestly thought I already had. *shrugs* Good thing my head is attached at the neck, I might lose it otherwise.

As always, your comments are a joy to read. Thank you for being so incredibly encouraging.

SilSolo ~ LOL. My favorite fan art TwiLek of all time is yours, so THANK YOU!

Wyn ~ Thank you, chica!

Anakin_luver ~ Oh wow! Fancy meeting you here! Thanks for clicking. :D

And thank you for the depth of your comments, esp concerning Blood is Thicker than Tears. I worked harder on that piece than a lot of them posted here, though it may not look like it.

And the Heaton portrait and story? well, here I am months later and I can say without hesitation that THAT was only the beginning. A turning point. I am happy that my turning point can touch others. It means a lot to me that you would tell me if affected you positively. Thank you.

leia_naberrie ~ YAY! I love when I snag a fellow fan-ficcer into FanArt!!! You rock for coming all the way over here! I do on occasion, but I am terrible about deadlines. Still, it never hurts to let me know what you want to see and ?if the mood strikes ? I may be able to comply!

Brant ~ Thanks!

Handmaiden ~ [face_blush] I?m back now. Thanks.

[color=darkblue][b][u]**NEW ART**[/u][/b]

[b]Alema[/b] revisited. I scanned her into my dinky MS Paint and have been toying with her for a while. Here is where I got bored:
    [image=http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i277/Mustafear/AlemaRarX4.jpg]

With my latest set of drabbles, I couldn't seem to find any depictions of Lusa out there (save for one kick butt rendition on DA). Since I like to give portraits of the characters featured in my drabbles, I did this tonight. Watercolor.

[b]Lusa[/b]:
    [image=http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i277/Mustafear/Lusawatercolor.jpg]

[/color][color=darkred][b]Zonoma[/b][/color]

13. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    Z ? I really like the Twi-lek ? even though she's a tad big to fit on the whole screen. :p Very nice job. :)

KT

14. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    wOOt!!!

[face_dancing]

A post from Zonoma!

:D :p

I love Alema's portrait--it's beautiful, just as before--it looks to me as though you've smoothed out some of the shading tones, and deepened some of the contrasts. She still looks great (and I love that expression on her face!)!

And isn't that a great portrait of Lusa?! =D= I don't know why--probably the centaur-like appearance: she looks like a mythical illustration from a children's book--sweet face and expression, her weapon's energy wavering...it's just wonderful (and I am so jealous that you can do watercolors--it's a really challenging medium! =D= )!

It's so great to see some new work, Z! :D Welcome back!

FF

15. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Hi Z! [:D]
    Haven't seen you for a long time, but I hope you had a nice christmas and a good start into the new year!

Wow, I love those new drawings! Esp Lusa, she's so cute! I agree with FalconFan about the childrenbook-look, but that's what I like the most about it!
    We just don't have enough Lusa pics, so it's awesome you've tried it even though one can hardly find a good preference for her.

Well done! =D=

16. Nidrail

Nidrail Moderator Emeritus star 3 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2005
    WOWOWOWOWOW!

That Twi'lek is INCREDIBLE!! I love how shiny her face is! And Lusa! YAY! I've always liked her character but I've never seen any artwork for her before, and you did a very nice job!! I think her legs and hooves would be a little smaller but I'm being picky :)

Beautiful work!!!

God bless and Happy New Year!
    ~N

17. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    KT- [face_blush]Yeah, she is. Sorry. I think I have her re-sized now.

Deb- Your comments are, as ever, encouraging. Someday, I would love to illustrate a children's book! Preferably one I write! lol

Chilla- Thank you! I was actually pretty irritated that I couldn't find a pic of her... which was why I did this one.

Nidrail- I can see where you get that about the legs and hooves, but I *liked* them 'chunky'. :D It charmed me to do it that way. I'm glad you liked Alema!

[color=darkblue]

[b][u]NEW ART: Wes Janson[/u][/b]

After all the depressing scenes I've been sketching from Sacrifice, I needed something silly. Here you go, Janson in his [i]Starfighter of Adumar[/i] get up! Please feel free to color it as long as you credit me for the lineart AND be certain to show me! I would love to see what you come up with.[/color]
    [image=http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i277/Mustafear/WesJanson_SoA.jpg]

[color=darkblue]Colored with MS Paint:
    [image=http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i277/Mustafear/Wes_Janson_lineart_by_Zonoma_colore.jpg][/color]

18. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    Love it! Something about his expression just makes me giggle! Classic Wes. :D

19. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    If you are giggling, then I've done my job! :D

20. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    NEW ART
    [image=http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i277/Mustafear/WynFelallgrownup.jpg]
    Grown up Wyn Fel, all 'lawyered up' as dictated in the fanfiction "Family Album" by BigFatty.

The loverly FalconFan found this model for me and I am guessing that she was steepling her fingers and cackling madly as she sent it. How could I *not* draw this face? As you can see, she is unique with her crooked nose, her oddly placed eyes. And yet, and yet... she is *beautiful* in a way that makes me sorry I've never met her and am not likely to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.