main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Zonoma's Old Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Zonoma, Sep 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gloria

Gloria Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    Out of curiosity, which picture/model did you reference to? :)

2. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    Gloria,
    Just a magazine fashion ad. Though yesterday I found one of Jaina that is remarkably similiar to this pose.

3. Neo-Paladin

Neo-Paladin Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    Hey Z. I finally made it here. :D

I think I had seen earlier drafts of those two pictures, but you brought out a lot of expression in the finnishing. Nicely done. I look forward to more.

4. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    Neo,
    Thanks for stopping by, Master!

At the request of our lovely
    FalconFan, I have posted my inadequate rendering of Jace. Although he obviously has not yet aquired his tattoos. Would love to describe the scene but we'll have to wait for that part of the story to be written!:D

Jace Durron

5. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I think that's such a nice picture, I don't know why you are not more happy with it. Really good.=D=

6. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Woohoo! I love Jace! Great dipiction of him, Z!

7. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I really like what you've done here as far as the rendering goes. You strayed from the norm and took a chance to use obscure colors(the slateblue hair). It looks like popart! :D

In a way, Jace reminds me a lot of Luke. His facial structure has a lot of the same qualities as Luke's. I don't know if that was intentional, but I think it's a nice touch. Great job!

8. Briman

Briman Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2004
    Love this art, Z :D It's a nice image with that little girl sitting with him, very warm and friendly.

9. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh what a great drawing of Jace! I just love the expression on his face (we both got that sort of "Solo smirk" didn't we? ;) )! And truthfully, the way you did the hair is probably a lot closer to what Brant_Flir had in mind for him (and yes, it's blue, as the author requested it to be!)! Is he with a little cousin there (I had to ask, with the tell-tale red hair, it might have to be one of Mara and Luke's kids' kid!)? She's darling (and a great drawing of a youngster, btw--kids can be hard!)! Thanks so much for putting this up--it's a wonderful interpretation of the character, and certainly a piece to be proud of! Lovely! =D=

FF

10. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    soitscometothis,
    Thank you for the encouragement and as to why I am not pleased? It's not my cup of tea, baby!

Idrelle,
    Thank you, dahling!

HanSolo29,
    His hair is actually dyed blue in the fic and as far as his looking like Luke?:eek:[face_laugh] Please forgive my mirth! With the exception of the scar and BLUE in the hair that is my husband! Isn't he a hottie?;)

Captain,
    Warm and friendly indeed. I am curious to see whether Brant actually writes the scene that I drew this piece for.

FalconFan,
    In Children of the Force Padme Skywalker (L/M's grand daughter) is nearly twenty. As for who the girl is and why they are covered in soot? I am not a liberty to say. Yet.:D Thank you for your kind words.

While I haven't started a new piece yet, I hope to soon!

11. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Zonoma wrote of Jace's "model:"
    **With the exception of the scar and BLUE in the hair that is my husband! Isn't he a hottie?**

Well, aren't you the lucky girl...? I'm afraid I have to agree, lol! [face_laugh] ;)

FF

12. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    o_OWhy thank you, dear lady.

13. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Awsome job Z!

The little girl (who you won't tell me who she is :p ) is so cute.

I can't wait to see more of your works. [face_idea] Maybe I'll try my hand at fanart

14. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    Hey! It's nice to see you decided to share your artwork (and a pleasant surprise as I didn't know you did draw at all)

Jaina
    She looks excellent! Utterly beautiful detail in the outfit and in her hair on such a splendid pose to boot. I suppose the shoes do look 'out of place' for the SW universe as was brought up earlier in this thread at some point, but as you said, it does give her 'Moxy', and I find that I like it - a lot, infact. She looks as though she'd be more than happy to get into a scrap at the moment, and more than capable of handling one. The whole image is great at showing character, I love it.

Serpent on Yavin IV
    Very evil. It looks as though the Serpent is ready to swoop down and devour something or someone.

Great form and it already has lovely detail in it's head. I really hope you intend to finish this, both for the reason that I think it looks great and would be just a shame if you didn't finish it...and for the fact that I have a soft spot for Dragons/Serpents. :D

Jace Durron
    Aw, it's such a happy portrait. Never combined charcoal with coloured pencils before - neat idea. His eyes a tiny bit lopsided, but the rest of his facial features look to be well placed. What I love most is the work you put into his hair. Really cute kid - the little pony tail on the side is a nice addition.

- Suz ^_~

15. Moonshadow

Moonshadow Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2003
    The folds in Jaina's suit are amazingly fanastic! :eek: That's something I've never been very good at.... Excellent work, Zonoma! :D

16. Marmida

Marmida Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 22, 2004
    That Jaina thing was AWESOME! The clothing and it's shading... WOW! :eek:=D=
    I'm speechless...

17. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    princess,
    Let me know when your thread starts and I'll be among the first to post!

Your_Worshipfullness,

Jaina- Thank you for the delightful review, and yeah, Jaina is a "bring it on" kind of girl, IMHO.

Serpent- I have a soft spot for them as well but have welly and truly lost interest in this one. Sorry.

Jace Durron- Heh. I kind of imagined that the scar would pull at his eye shape just a bit and so that was actually on purpose. Happy, huh? Cool.

Moonshadow,
    Thank you for noticing! That flight suit took an incredible amount of time for a simple character study!

Marmida,
    Speechless is good... I think.:p Thank you.

18. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    Per Zonoma's request, Jaina in living color:

[image=http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b157/sea102883/Art/JainaColor.jpg]

19. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    OMW love the coloring! It's awsome! Good Job BigFatty (I'm assuming you did it) did you use a computer program? if so which one?

20. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005

Thank you :) I did use a computer program, specifically Photoshop CS2. Ahh, the perks of being paid to sit in an art department computer lab. ;)

21. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
    Nicely done!

22. Gloria

Gloria Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    BigFatty: WOW! =D= Excellent job with the coloring! [face_love] [face_hypnotized] Mucho suave colors too. :cool: [face_dancing]

23. BigFatty

Mar 9, 2005
    Thank you very much Briman and Gloria. :D

24. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
    We needs more, Mommy!

25. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    I'm planning one right now.