main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Zonoma's Old Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Zonoma, Sep 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    :eek: Z..... YOU'RE GREAT!

And I thought Princess_Mellissa's was good....

I think my skills end at Swimming and Fan Fic Writing. ;)

~CS

2. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    The princess is much younger than I am and she IS my padawan now... you don't think I only mentor her in writing do you?;)

3. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    BigFatty -- the colouring is AMAZING! :D

4. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005

Thank you Idrelle :)

5. DarthClemenza

DarthClemenza Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 21, 2005

Well since I know I'd get lost in your fan fiction (cause I haven't read any books about SW) I thought I'd be supportive and check out the art. Jania looks hot - Great Job!

6. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
  7. double_blade

double_blade Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2005
    hmmm
    ok job with the jaina...body looks great...the shoes are weird for star wars...but can live with it. I dont like the face though...it seems very young and un-Jaina like...you should have a look at the japanese book covers on tfn to get a better idea
    but overall good job i guess

and nice colouring by Big Fatty...somehow it works even without much shading

8. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    Wow, it's been a while since I have made replies! Sorry bout that.[face_blush]

Courtney,
    Thank you! I am glad that you enjoy my hobby.

Darth Clemenza,
    Hey, thanks for stopping by! What an unexpected, though pleasant, surprise!

Chilla,
    I've been to your site before and so I know that what you did is just fine but I can't seem to access it now.:(

double_blade,
    Thank you for the encouragement and honest critique. I look forward to seeing yours soon! Is the link in your bio?

The newest sketch is incredibly rough but I wanted to share her. I can't get her out of my head...

BTW, you should all run over and check out [b]Big Fatty[/b]'s new thread! It rocks.[/color]

9. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    Thanks for the advertisement :)

But where's the sketch? I'm dying to see it and figure out who it is.

10. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    OOPS. She is in the first post but I forgot to put her here, too. It is just on notebook paper with ink remember, so be nice...Envy

11. Briman

Briman Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2004
    Awesome Z!

12. Jennifer_Lyn

Jennifer_Lyn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 8, 2005
    Great work, Z! I love the colors!

13. Neo-Paladin

Neo-Paladin Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2004
    Fun colors there Z. :D

14. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Whoa!! How cool is this!? :cool:
    I love the colors you've used here, Zonoma--beautiful and expressive--and this character almost looks like a cross between our beloved Tahiri Veila and someone of Yuuzhan Vong heritage... [face_thinking] ?? ;) In any case, it's a gorgeous rendering of what looks to be a very interesting character-to-come... :D :p

FF

15. ladylaurel18

ladylaurel18 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2005
    hey, I like your ink doodle on steroids. It's better than my steroidic ink doodles...

Well, okay, I don't have any. I have pencil doodles. But your girl is great! She looks sort of like she's underwater, like a mermaid or something...

I have an idea about the colors. But I'll keep it to myself and wait for the next COTF post.

:D

16. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Awsome picture Z!

I love the headress (got the right name this time) alot of detial. I love your drawings and am hopefully going to be able to get my next pic up soon.

ladylaurel18you should try doing fanart. It's alot of fun (and Z's a good master in art too)

17. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    J_L,
    Yeah, I wanted something startling and slightly different for this particular OC (don't we all?). Fortunately, it is easily explained in the fiction. I doubt that the final concept and portrait will look like this but it is a start.

Master,
    Thank you, I think! Around here "fun colors" would translate into "those are hideous colors, Jessica, but somehow they are soooo you!" -Don't worry, I am used to this sort of thing.[face_laugh]

FalconFan,
    :eek:[face_plain]Well, guess the cat's out of the bag. Actually, you only have it partly right....

LL18,
    I like melissa's idea if you do! And you are probably right on track with those colors, Laura... ah, the dangers of Fan Fic Art! Don't worry, her first appearance will be in my next post though we won't get to knowher well for a while.

princess
    Thank you, I am looking forward to seeing what you have come up with. Are you going to send me a sample of your assignment?

18. princess_melissa

Mar 7, 2005
    Yeah I played with a few pictures and will send you a couple before posting the final product on my site.

19. ladylaurel18

ladylaurel18 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2005
    I am going to think about that Fan Art thing. Historically, I'm wonderful at drawing wolves, horses, and dragons, but I've only been able to draw a decent person once.

And I lack a scanner. I'll think about it anyway...

20. princess_melissa

Mar 7, 2005
    Come on you know you want to. It'll be fun. :D

21. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    NEW ARTWORK

DarthLeiaSolo

Well, new pic at the request of IrishEyedJedi, it looks great as long as it's not supposed to be Leia! *grr* Oh well. I am praying that BIG FATTY can work her magic to get this as a Halloween icon. Coloered wickedly, of course.

Again, just #2 pencil + typing paper + 45 minutes = OOPS! Dark Leia

22. DarthLeiaSolo

DarthLeiaSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 13, 2005

I just want to say that . . . I look badass!

Great job Z!!!

23. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Again, just #2 pencil + typing paper + 45 minutes = OOPS! Dark Leia

LOL Z!

It looks nice, the only thing I don't like is that there seems to be a lot of space between her eyes. But it is a very lovely picture!

Oh well. I am praying that BIG FATTY can work her magic to get this as a Halloween icon. Coloered wickedly, of course.

Ooo! Halloween icon, you say? :D Great! I'd love to see it as a Halloween icon! :D

24. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    :eek:
    45 minutes?!
    :eek:=D=

When I think about how much time it takes me to just come up with a rough sketch (don't even get me started on the required time to finish a drawing...), a little fact like this is enough to make me cry! ;) Although I agree with you, Zonoma, that the likeness to Carrie Fisher lacks a bit, it's still a nice drawing. I think Idrelle is right, that the placing of the features may not be quite right (and I have a ton of tips I can share with that, if you're interested), but I still really like the way you shade--it's very sure and adds a lot to your pieces. And that hair--it is sort of a giveaway to Leia--I don't know of many people that don't recognize the "Ewok Village Hair," which you've done a masterful job of capturing (the braid, the leather ties)--well done!

With some really deep shadows (something you wouldn't really need Sara to do for you!), it would be a good rendition of a "dark" character! ;)

Nice job!

FF

25. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    45 minutes!! Argghh... I hate you. I could spend 45 hours and not produce anything half as good (did I ever mention that I can't draw? :p ).

So this is going to be a Holloween Icon? That should be really cool. I look forward to seeing that.

Leia as a Sith. Hmmmm... you know, I could never really picture that. I can see a Dark Luke, but Leia is so together all the time. I can't imagine her turning to the darkside.

Very nice drawing!

AG88

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.