main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Zonoma's Old Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Zonoma, Sep 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neo-Paladin

Neo-Paladin Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2004
  2. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    Fun Art, not finished:

Darth Punkus

This will actually be an upcoming OC, though not a Sith and it will be completed and the chapter posted before the reveal. I just always call my kids Darth Toddler and Darth Punk so I thought... what the heck?

3. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Oh, isn't he too cute to be Sith? Ummm... nah I take that back. By kids are really cute but I think they are Sith in training. ;)

Good job!

AG88

4. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    What a great little Sith painting! He really is a little cutie, isn't he? Great piece, Z!

FF

5. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    NEW ARTWORK!
    All finished! Saber glow added by the wonderful BigFatty!

Jedi Youngling

6. ladylaurel18

ladylaurel18 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2005
    Darth Punkus. *makes note in her book*

I'll have to name a sith that in a fic...

The glow effect looks pretty neat, and I like the clothing detail.

7. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Wonderful O' Talented One.

You know, if you gave this kid curly blonde hair it would look like the little boy from Close Encounters. The chin just reminds me of him. I'm just saying.

8. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    AG88,
    He is kind of cute, isn't he? That's my little boy![face_mischief]

FF,
    Thank you.

Laurel,
    Thank you. And I dare you to have Leia give Luke that nickname in the one you are putting together.

Lola,
    It is always such a treat when you come visit over here!

And "this kid"... is my son.:D

ALL,
    Well, I think that it is back to the drawing board for the Gladiator Anakin piece. New artwork soon, though.

9. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    ****NEW ARTWORK!****

I actually cheated quite a bit on this one, following Darth Sinister's "formula" to the best of my MS Paint abilities. Cheating or no, it turned out incredible and taught me a *whole* lot!

This is supposed to be Jaina Solo in my Fiction in progress titled Worth Saving. If you want to know why she looks so abused, then you will just have to read it. Lucky for you, this image is for Chapter Five which I haven't even written yet![face_mischief]

10. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    OMW! Z, that's amazing. It looks so real. And the emotions on her face... Wow... just... wow. I love the detial to the hair and fingers especially. Amazing job Z!

11. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    :eek::_|=D==D=

Holy Red-Suited Fat Guy, Batman!!

This is amazing, Z!! I have to agree with the comment on your DA account--I could see the likeness instantly, so absolutely beautiful job on that! =D==D=
    She looks just awesome--the facial expression, the posture...the hair...everything is just wonderful! Geez you're getting good at this! I love the light here--sort of harsh and stark, with the harsh shadow beside her--it sort of gives a feeling of emptiness or barren-ness to it, as though she's contemplating a deep loss of some sort... I might have to run off to check out the story now... Great, great job, Z!!

FF

12. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    :eek: *eyes fall out* Wow, great! Her hair is wonderful. =D=

13. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    princess,
    It took a long time to find the right picture for this scene (since the prologue was posted)... it was the look on her face that sold me on this one. Thank you.

Deb,
    Meh. Like I said, I cheated! I actually scanned in the picture and then, very slowly and tediously, began filling in the appropriate "spaces" with color. I didn't always get it right, but I learned so much about the process, and the colors that really work vs those I have been using... It was well worth the "cheat"!

You sure pegged the scene! She is on a cold floor, in her quarters, on a spaceship. And yes, she is contemplating terrible things. One of them being great loss.

The harshness of the lighting and shadows: I enhanced them on purpose bc I wanted to highlight how used she looked, through the eyes of the storyteller. And if you are considering reading it..... MY EVIL SCHEME HAS WORKED![face_devil][face_laugh]

Chilla
    Great to see you again! Thank you.

14. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    By the way, this is going in the January J/J newsletter. ;)

15. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    That works for me! Is the story in there, too? Or does it even qualify, since I haven't revealed where Jaina's heart lies?

16. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    As of right now the story doesn't qualify. But I'll make sure to add the story link in since it applies to the art.

17. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    New Art Work, Non Star Wars

Just a little sketch, to share a piece of me with you:

Foolish

This was a self portrait drawn 7 years ago as of tomorrow. While my appearance has - naturally - changed, the concept and emotion of it has not. This is still me.

Zonoma

18. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    Very nice!

Seven years is a long time? nearly a third of my life. :p

Good work, Z. :D

KT

19. DarthMikus

DarthMikus Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2005
    ooh, I saw this one over at deviantart earlier today.
    Nice graphite work, z. Also good to see you back on the boards.

20. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    Thanks, Mike. Did you see the other non-Star Wars piece over there, too? The airbrush? It's in my scraps. Another oldie but goodie!:)

I am relieved to say that I am finally compelled to create new stuff again, though it will have to wait a bit more. I just hope the urge doesn't flee again![face_worried]

KT: Thanks a lot!:p What is this? Pick on the old lady day??? [face_laugh] Seriously, though, thank you for taking the time to leave comments. It gives me the warm fuzzies.

Zonoma

21. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    That's a wonderful self-portrait! I just love the way you're looking to the side as if nothing is out of the ordinary and Bam! There's that adorable clown nose. It's just so cute and it shows a little bit of your character. The pencil work in the hair is fabulous as well as the detail in the necklace. It's a very lovely piece, and I think it's really neat that you kept a hold of it. Thanks for sharing it as well. :D

Shall you be drawing a new one? You know, as a type of, oh I dunno - Anniversary-type thing?

- Suz ^_~

22. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    [face_dancing] Also [face_love] it! Looks great.

23. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    Oh, come on, Z, you know I don't think you're old. I'm saying I'm young. :( :p

Good. :) We all need warm fuzzies from time to time.

KT

24. Darth_Snuggle

Darth_Snuggle Jedi Master star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    Ah, I love Eliza :D You did a good job reworking the scan. It has a nice "painterly" look.

I like your self-portait too!

25. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    And how cute is your self-portrait?! When I first saw it I just started laughing, and I so totally agree with Your_Worshipfulness that the casual expression coupled with the clown nose is just the perfect touch! There's such a sweet but mischievous innocence to it, and it's a lovely job with the shadows and the detailing--all in all, a wonderful piece, Z! And I'll chime in with DarthMikus--it's great to see you back in the forum! And believe me--I know what a bummer it is to have the ol' "artist's block" going! Hope yours is gone for a good while now! Welcome back!

FF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.