main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Zoom In (Rent crossover, J/J/K Z/A/A R/L J/TK) UPDATE 1-31! Finale B!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lusa_Thul, Dec 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    I'm only crying because I know Lusa has to die.

Right.

That was great! Two thumbs up! And a big toe!

2. Lusa_Thul

Lusa_Thul Jedi Master star 4

Sep 9, 2004
    Stay tuned for an important author's annoucement, right after this!

Part 33 - Voice Mail #4

We still need directors
    You still need money
    You know you need money
    Pick up the phone
    Don't be afraid of ker-ching ker-ching

Voice Mail #4
    , from Rent

The comm clicked on with a beep. ?Speak.? Intoned the answering machine.

?Kyp, this is Wolam Tser.? The old man?s voice emerged from the machine, polite and firm as always. ?Look, I know you?re having a difficult deciding if you?re going to sign the contract or not, and I understand your dilemma. I don?t want to force you into anything, but I?m not going to wait around forever. You?re good, but there are plenty of other filmmakers out there we can hire if you feel this isn?t for you.? The recording snapped off, leaving the room in silence.

Kyp stared at it for a long time, letting his eyes rove around the dark, barren loft with its threadbare furniture and dirty walls. He thought of the fact that he could barely afford food, that he had spent the winter freezing and would spend the summer sweating. That Raynar would not be able to pay for Lusa?s medical bills forever. That he was gaining nothing by trying to pursue his art, but that by selling out he could help his friends.

Sighing, he made up his mind. Reaching out to the comm unit, he began to dial Wolam?s number.

He had just finished the brief, somewhat terse call when he heard a slight noise outside the window. Crossing the room he swung it open, raising an eyebrow in a mildly curious expression at Zekk, who stood waiting on the fire escape. ?If you?re the barer of any more bad, depressing, or tear-jerking news, I?m not going to let you in.? Kyp informed him dryly.

?What, can?t a friend stop by and say hello without getting interrogated?? Zekk replied with an attempt at an innocent expression, ignoring Kyp?s skeptical snort as he stepped aside and let him in.

?So,? Kyp asked as he took a seat on the table and kicked a chair in his friend?s direction. ?How?s it going?? It was, he reflected, a pretty stupid question, because it was obvious the answer was not going to be ?good?. Zekk looked, for lack of a better word, tired. Not just physically, but in his soul, too. Shaking his dark head slightly and wondering when he had gotten so philosophical, he focused his attention back on the conversation.

?Not great.? Zekk replied, running a hand through his already disheveled hair. ?I needed to take a break; Alema?s not that easy to live with at the moment.?

?I bet.? Kyp muttered. ?I seem to remember you being equally high maintenance, annoying and generally in a bad mood when Jaina roped me into helping you get over spice.?

Zekk let out a short, humorless laugh, and changed the subject. ?How?s Lusa doing? I haven?t been able to go see her for a while.?

Kyp shrugged, stubbornly ignoring the lump that had formed in his throat. ?About the same.? He lied, unable to bring himself to say ?worse?. ?Optimistic as ever, though.? He added.

?What happened to us all?? Zekk asked, almost to himself. ?Just a few months ago, life had never been better, and now everything?s falling apart.?

Kyp did not reply, letting the silence speak for him because no matter how hard he tried he could not really think of an answer.

3. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    Alright, so, here's the BIG IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S ANNOUNCEMENT! (Actually, it's not taht big, but, hey, whatever.)

Ok, first of all, I'm out of town this weekend, so replies will be late, but taht's not the point.

The point is, a week from today, I'm heading off to college. (I'm going to die.) Now, from what I've seen of the orientation schedual and the first week or so of school, time is sort of a scarce commodity. Plus I have to get set up down there and get a social life and not sit around in front of the computer all day. Basically, the point of thie is (there is a point, I promise) I don't know when the next update is going to be. I'm thinking it's not gonna be taht long, or at least, not much longer than usual, but just in case I thought you guys should know!

The end!

4. Darkwriter

Darkwriter Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2006
    Ohhhhh . . . not good. (Lusa being worse I mean... the story Lusa) And Alema. Glad to see Kyp and Zekk together, though.

Don't worry about posting. We understand. Or, at least, I do. Going off to college for the first time is a big thing . . . and so is, unfotunately, a social life. Becuase if you don't get a social life you're going to die old and alone with sixty-three cats and the only people who can actually speak at your funeral are strangers you've never even seen before . . . leaves your siblings wondering if you were all right in the head. (of course you weren't!)

Anyway, so great post!

Janet

5. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    Wow, I've missed some really intense updates. I loved the Kyp introspection in "Seasons of Love B," and the POV changes in "Without You" were very well done. :)

And good luck at college! :) (But what is this "social life" you speak of? :p)

6. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    Somehow, you manage to be depressing as hell and then sucker punch me with snappy dialogue. Hooray, Lusa the fish. :D

And hooray for you now living about two hours away.

7. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    Janet

Yeah, things are getting worse, sory-wise. And there's plenty more to go!

Don't worry about posting. We understand. Or, at least, I do. Going off to college for the first time is a big thing . . . and so is, unfotunately, a social life. Becuase if you don't get a social life you're going to die old and alone with sixty-three cats and the only people who can actually speak at your funeral are strangers you've never even seen before . . . leaves your siblings wondering if you were all right in the head. (of course you weren't!)

Hahahaha! [face_laugh] Dude, that's gonna happpen anyways, knowing me. At least teh bit about being a crazy old cat lady! :p

JoE

Well, you've been missed, too!

And good luck at college! :) (But what is this "social life" you speak of? :p )

Oh, I'm going to be a regular Galinda! (Assuming you've seen Wicked, or at least cagly heardof it with taht reference there. :p ) Little miss popular, that's me! :p

VC

Oh no! Not the fish!

And yes, OMG! Party!

8. Jedi-Roxy

Jedi-Roxy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    This is really good. I've been trying to see the play for years, but I have seen the movie. It's fun to see the SW characters in the RENT plotline. Kyp does make a good Mark and Jaina does make a great Maureen. But I'm confused on Anakin's role... oh well.

The Phoenix Jedi

9. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    How fitting that my first post from college should be the one to the crazy sex song!

For those of you who have not seen the stage production of Rent (having the original soundtrack does not count with this song) this one is really weird. I really don't know how to describe it, because it's very surreal and abstract and quite different from the rest of the show. You jsut have to see it to get it. I did keep the 'It's over." lines because I like the different ways of delivery, but I changed the rest becasue, lets face it, Alema is really the only one I could see breaking up because of bad sex. (That's the reason in the show, if you missed that! :p)

Part 34 - Contact

Take me
    Take me
    Today for you
    Tomorrow for me
    Today me
    Tomorrow you
    Tomorrow you
    Love
    you
    Love you
    I love
    You I love
    You!
    Take me
    Take me
    I love you

Contact
    , from Rent

?I love you.? Zekk murmured, pulling Alema closer to him as he kissed her.

?Well, I would hope so, trash collector.? She teased, shifting her head from the pillow to his lips as she buried her hands in his sweat-soaked hair.

Grinning, he gazed down at her, running a finger down her cheek. Suddenly he frowned, staring more intensely at her eyes, noticing almost for the first time the dilated pupils, the almost feverish sheen. He jerked away as thought he had been burned, wondering how he could have missed the taste of spice on her breath.

She looked at him in puzzlement, slithering closer and propping herself up on an elbow, cocking her head to one side as she asked, ?What, baby??

?Are you so strung up you can?t even tell why I?m mad at you?? He demanded angrily. Seeing her confused frown, he elaborated, ?You said you stopped using!?

?I did!? She replied, then amended, ?I am. It?s just so hard. Besides,? she added, ?Its only one last does, just to help me. Then I?ll quite.?

?Don?t bother.? He told her, climbing out of bed and pulling on his pants. ?It?s over.?

?You should grow you hair out.? Jaina informed Jag, running a finger idly over the white strike above his eye as she did.

?Why?? Jag asked, lifting his head from where it had been resting against her breast to eye her suspiciously.

?Because it would look good, that?s why.? She told him, her voice somewhere between amused and insulted.

?Oh, yeah,? Jag agreed sarcastically, ?Just like Kyp. What a great idea.?

?Excuse me?? Jaina said, sitting up to glare at him and pulling the sheet up to cover herself as she did. ?Do you want to try being any ruder, Mr. Tact?? She cut him off before he could reply, informing him in a terse voice. ?Forget it. It?s over.?

?I love you.? Lusa whispered softly, her voice almost inaudible, blending with the soft sighing of her breath.

Raynar pulled her closer to where he sat beside her on the hospital bed, wrapping his arms more tightly around her thin shoulders, hating the way he could feel every bone in them, could see his touch leaving faint bruises on her pale skin. ?And I love you, too.? He replied, gently stroking her pain-ravaged face. Her cheeks were sunken and hollow, dark circles shadowing her flaming eyes. Even her horns seemed dull and clouded, barely reflecting the light of the small, white room. ?I always will.? He added, kissing her lightly, not knowing which broke his heart more; having to watch her suffer like this, or knowing he was loosing her.

She let out a contented little sigh, pillowing her head against his shoulder as her eyes flickered shut one last time. Resting his cheek against her tangled cinnamon mane, he finally let the tears come as he whispered softly. ?You won?t have to suffer anymore. It?s over.?

10. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    This is doing nothing for my self esteem :p

11. Jedi-Roxy

Jun 13, 2002
    *tear*:_| so sad. That song does sound wierd...

TPJ

12. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    :_| :_| :_|

That was so sad!! Poor Lusa and Raynar!! I don't even feel sorry for the others right now, just the two of them (though Jana breaking up with Jag over a snide comment is a bit silly of her).

13. jedi_of_ennth

Mar 1, 2005
    She let out a contented little sigh, pillowing her head against his shoulder as her eyes flickered shut one last time. Resting his cheek against her tangled cinnamon mane, he finally let the tears come as he whispered softly. ?You won?t have to suffer anymore. It?s over.?

:( :_| Things really have taken a turn for the worst, haven't they? That Raynar/Lusa scene was so sad! But the description was lovely. Good job! =D=

14. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    My goodness, college does swallow up your free time! :p

Jedi-Roxy

*Passes tissue* :p

Nat

Yeah, the Jaina breakup reason seems really lame to me, too, and I wrote it! :p But somehow I couldn't see her finishing up a sex scene with Jag and going, "Wow, that sucked. Hit the road, man!" You know? :p Alema, maybe, but not Jaina! :p

JoE

Oh, it gets worse, I warn you now!

15. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    Alright, just got back from seeing RENT (yes, again! :p Convient aspect of this whole going to college thing is that it came back down here! :p ) and decided this deserved and up! The end! :)

16. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    *sniffles*

I knew it was coming, but it's still... sad.

17. Jedi-Roxy

Jun 13, 2002
  18. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    Alright! I got 10 seconds between classes, so tiem for a post! Whoo!

Well, actually, not whoo, cause its kinda of a depressing one, but whatever! Dare you to go see this live and try not to cry! And with that cheerful thought, here you go!

Part 35 - I'll Cover You (Reprise)

I think they meant it
    When they said you can't buy love
    Now I know you can rent it
    A new lease you were, my love, on life
    All my life
    I've longed to discover
    Something as true
    As this is

I'll Cover You (Reprise)
    , from Rent

?Lusa was one of my closest friends.? Alema said from where she stood before the coffin. The twi?lek looked sad, her cloths for once not tight and revealing, but a long, modestly cut black dress. Her lekku swayed back and forth in distress as she hugged her arms around herself.

Kyp glanced away from her, letting his gaze travel around the tiny room where the memorial was being held. There was a small gathering of assorted beings present. Jaina, Jacen and Anakin sat on one side, Zekk, Kyp and Raynar on the other. In addition the members of Life Support were present, as well as quite a few others he had never seen before but whose lives had somehow been touched by the Chironian girl. There was an obvious tension between the two sides of the room, but no one had said anything.

Alema?s gaze lingered on Zekk for a moment, then slid away as she continued, ?She was so kind, it was impossible not to love her. She was the person I could always talk to when things got bad, because she always listened. Really listened, too.? She smiled slightly, her eyes distant. ?We used to sit up and talk for hours. I don?t think I ever saw her without a smile on her face.? She paused, seeming to be searching for something more to say, but after a moment she returned to her seat beside Anakin, who wrapped a comforting arm around her.

Taking his cue, Kyp stood and took the spot at the front. The holocarmera was nowhere to be seen today. In a way he felt a little lost without it, but he could never have brought it to this. He had tried to prepare something to say, but nothing had seemed to fit. So, after a moment, he said, ?I think she was the most generous person I ever met. I mean, the first time I saw her was when she showed up with food for me and Zekk. I?m sure she could have used the money for herself, but I don?t think the idea ever crossed her mind.? Grinning, he added, ?The reason she met Raynar in the first place was because she stopped to help him.? His smile faded as he added, ?Her generosity is one of the things I?ll remember most about her. And one of the things I?ll miss the greatest.? He wished he could have thought of something to add, but could not, so, which a slight shrug, he sat back down.

Tucking a lock of brown hair that had escaped its braid behind her ear, Jaina replaced him at the front of the room. ?I wish I could think of something to add to that.? She admitted, ?I can think of so many little stories I could tell about her, or of personality traits I could talk about, but no matter what I said, I wouldn?t be able to discuss everything she was, how much she meant to me, and to all of us.? She blinked back tears, shaking her head before looking down at the coffin, adding, ?You always said how lucky you were that we were all friends. But it was us, baby, who were the lucky ones.? Collecting herself with a sigh, she walked back to her seat beside her brothers.

There was a slight pause, then Raynar stood and walked slowly up to the front. He was holding something, and it took Kyp a moment to realize what it was; the coat Lusa had bought for him almost a year ago. He stood for a long moment, looking at the small, smiling holo of her, hugging the coat as though it was all that kept him standing. Finally he turned back to face them, looking as thought he wanted to say something, but his voice failed him. After a moment he just shook his head, gave up, and cried. Kyp felt his own throat tighten in sympathy. If he had ever wondered what a breaking heart sounded like, he knew now; h

19. Handmaiden_Rabe

Handmaiden_Rabe Jedi Master star 5

Nov 2, 2003
    :_| :_| :_| I seriously have tears in my eyes right now. Absolutely heart-breaking, Lusa.

20. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    Lusa, you've sunk to the depths of fish-dom. I'm sitting here trying to do history notecards and barely not crying my eyes out.

Was Raynar born to suffer? Was he created to angst?

21. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    :_| :_| :_| That was so sad!!! Especally the last line :( Poor Raynar :_| :( I just want to give him a big [:D]

This was very emotional and well-written!!! Just one question: where was Jag?

22. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    Dudes, just realized that if we hold off on a nupdate for awhile, I can post 'Halloween' on Halloween! Sweet!

Rabe

*Passes tissues* Thanks!

VC

Opps, sorry bout that! :p

Yeah, seems like he was! The best part is that I'm really not doing anything to him that isn't canon in this post. Well, except for the whole AIDS thing, but still! :p

Nat

*Passes tissues* I always want to give Raynar a big [:D] ! Glad someone else feels the same!

And Jag was, ummm...in the bathroom. No, seriously, he was tehre somewhere. He shows up in 'Goodbye Love'. Guess he just tslipped my mind! :p

23. Jedi-Roxy

Jun 13, 2002
    *sniff sniff* This part made me cry. So sad...

TPJ

24. jedi_of_ennth

Mar 1, 2005
    :_| :_| :_|

That was heartbreaking. Excellent job handling the funeral. =D=

25. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    Dude, that's so wild! I'm listening to Goodbye Love right now! Yay!

Jedi-Roxy

*Passes tissues* Sorry bout that! :p

JoE

Aww, thanks man!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.