Beyond Zoom In (Rent crossover, J/J/K Z/A/A R/L J/TK) UPDATE 1-31! Finale B!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lusa_Thul, Dec 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. jedi_of_ennth Force Ghost

star 4
    Nice update. :)

Zekk slid his hand into hers letting her cling to it tightly, as though it were all that kept her there. ?We?re not wasting it.? He whispered. ?Just hang on, please.? He shook his head desperately. ?I never should have left. I?m so sorry. It wasn?t because I didn?t-?
    ?I know.? She cut him off, trying to smile. ?It was my fault, too. If I hadn?t-? Zekk shook his head, silencing her. She started to speak, but was halted by a bout of coughs. Gasping for breath, she shifted her grip to his arm, pulling him closer as she whispered weakly. ?I love you.?

It's about time! :p Too bad they waited until she was dying. :rolleyes: :(
  2. Lusa_Thul Force Ghost

star 4
    So, my internet did this silly thing where it decided not to work! But I'm back now!

VC

Oh, so clever for catching up! I am impressed! :p

And, yup, almost in the home stretch now!

Nat

Thanks! As for Zekk singing, well you'll have to wait and see! :)

Janet

Hehe, thanks! I always thought engligh teachers were cool anyways! :p

JoE

I know, right? Way to go, Zekk! :p
  3. Lusa_Thul Force Ghost

star 4
    Aight, guys, this update is kinda short and ghettofied in the sense of being really quick, but, seriously, what did you expect me to do? Type out 'Your Eyes' in quotation marks for Zekk? :p (And, oh my goodness, one update after this and then we are DONE!)

Part 41 - Your Eyes

You were the song all along
    And before this song dies
    I should tell you I should tell you
    I have always loved you
    You can see it in my eyes

Your Eyes
    , from Rent

Zekk did not bother to grab his instrument from where it lay draped across the couch. He just sang. It was not very good, a rough, simple tune, not a masterpiece by any means. But that did not matter to him anymore. It was for her, and that was what he cared about. It was the first time he had sung it for anyone, and, looking down at the shivering body in his arms, he knew it would be the last time, as well. No one else deserves to hear this, he though with the desperate finality of a breaking heart, because it?s not for anyone else. This song dies with you, not with me like I though it was supposed to.

He hoped she heard all of it; he could feel Alema slipping away even as he held her and sang. It took everything he had to keep going, not to choke on the ragged lump in his throat. As the last note finished, her grip on his arm weakened and her hand fell limply to her side, her eyes fluttering shut as her breath left her in a silent sigh.

He sobbed her name then, hugging her body desperately as he cried. His friends stood in a silent circle around him; Jaina encircled sadly in Jag?s arms, Raynar looking lost and alone, Kyp fighting back tears of his own. He barely noticed them; for him there was nothing beyond the table where he sat holding the motionless body of the woman he loved. It was his whole world, one that had finally been created in the same moment it had been shattered.

?I should have told you how much I love you.? Zekk whispered, his voice breaking. ?I should have just listened to my heart instead of trying not to get hurt. Because, in the end, it didn?t matter. I got hurt anyways, but I never let myself have a chance to feel anything else.?

There was no response, either from her still form of from his friends. Just sad, empty silence.
  4. jedi_of_ennth Force Ghost

star 4
    :_| Short or not, that was an awesome update. Lusa_Thul + Zekk angst = great post. :)

Loved these lines:

No one else deserves to hear this, he though with the desperate finality of a breaking heart, because it?s not for anyone else. This song dies with you, not with me like I though it was supposed to.

and

It was his whole world, one that had finally been created in the same moment it had been shattered.

=D=
  5. Darkwriter Force Ghost

star 4
    Ohhhhh...:_| So sad! My heart goes out to Zekk.

Janet
  6. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    This song dies with you, not with me like I though it was supposed to.

:_| So sad!!! But very good :)
  7. Lusa_Thul Force Ghost

star 4
    JoE

Aww, thanks dude! I was worried about how this chap would turn out cause there was so little to put in it! Glad it worked! :)

Janet

*Passes tissue* I know, poor Zekk! He lives to have angst! :p

Nat

Aww, thanks! :)
  8. skywalkerlover00 Jedi Master

star 4
    Lusa: I love Rent and I think you've done an amazing job so far. Keep up the good work!
  9. Lusa_Thul Force Ghost

star 4
    Alright, guys, this is IT! I cannot BELIEVE this is the last post! Huge thanks to all fo you for being such awesome readers and making this thing so fun to do! *Brownies for all* It's been a blast!

I'm probably gonna put up a questions thingie in a day or 2, but at the moment I need to finish hoework and all that jazz! Ok, really posting now, I promise!

Part 42 - Finale B

There's only us
    There's only this
    Forget regret or life is yours to miss
    No other road no other way
    No day but today

Finale B
    , from Rent

In the heartbreaking silence, no one noticed Alema?s hand twitch. They did notice when she suddenly took a deep, shuddering breath, gasping for air as her eyes snapped open. Frozen by shock and hope, they watched as Zekk gently helped her to sit up. She still looked weak, a faint sheen of sweat covered her blue skin and her eyes seemed huge in the dark hollows beneath them. Still, there was a light in that had never been there before; her body might look like death, but her eyes were life.

Grabbing onto Zekk?s arm to steady herself, she looked around, seeming to come back to herself. After a moment, she spoke, her voice hoarse and shaky ?It was like I was looking at the room through this curtain of blue mist. Everything seemed so far away.? She shook her head, collecting herself as she added, ?And I swear, Lusa was there.? Seeing Raynar?s desperate expression that was part pain, part joy, she added, ?And she looked good! She said, ?Turn around and listen to that boy?s song. Don?t leave him yet.??

?Sweet Force.? Jaina whispered happily. Reaching out to rest her palm against her friend?s brow, she added with a laugh, ?She?s drenched. Her fever?s breaking.?

?So you heard what I said?? Zekk asked, a hopeful grin spreading across his face.

?Yeah, I heard.? She replied, matching his smile as she kissed him lightly.

Gazing down at her thin, disease ravaged face, Zekk decided he had never seen anything so beautiful in his life. Certainly, if he really though about it, nothing had changed; the inevitable had just been prolonged, that was all. They were both still living with a death mark, both still doomed, as was Raynar, but, for the first time since the disease had shattered his life, he did not care. After all, everyone dies eventually, and everyone had the choice to meet that death with either futile protests or with satisfied acceptance; those who protested were generally the ones who had not truly lived. Why waste time on regrets?

Breaking away from the group for a moment, Kyp reached over to switch on the projector. The words Today 4 U: Proof Positive flickered to life on the screen, followed by a collage of images from the past year; Zekk tuning his instrument, Anakin waving self-consciously, Jaina suggesting something to Jacen, who responded by rolling his eyes in despair, Raynar grinning cheerfully, Jag and Kyp engaged in a verbal sparring match, Alema dancing. The images continued, flickering from one to another in a rapid collage of moments and memories.

The last image, however, was the one that seemed to say the most; Lusa?s smiling face, her eyes containing the knowledge she had always believed in. No day but today.
  10. jedi_of_ennth Force Ghost

star 4
    Aw. :) Awesome job with this thing. Okay, so it wasn't exactly a happy ending ... more like bittersweet, which you write extremely well. Congrats on finishing it, and thanks for sharing. :)
  11. Lusa_Thul Force Ghost

star 4
    GUUUYS! Come on now, don't leave me hanging here! :p
  12. Vongchild Force Ghost

star 5
    Wow! You really pulled this off excellently!

Hooray for happy-ish endings! Bravo, Lusa!
  13. kotorchick Force Ghost

star 4
    I've been a bad padawan... A very bad padawan...

Sorry, lifes been so busy, I dropped off the boards. This is the first time I've visited in months. But it was truely an excellent story, and an excellent blend. Thank you for your story. :)

Your crazy busy (thats about to grind to a halt thanks to a cast list that did not include moi) padawan-
    KC
  14. Lusa_Thul Force Ghost

star 4
    JoE

Aww, thanks dude! You know how I hate happy endings! :p

VC

Thanks, man! This thing totally wouldn't have gotten written without you, so yay!

kotorchick

Well I forgive you, but only this once! :p And, dude, I know the feeling! I'm super busy at the moment, too! Could it be because of, hmmm, drama? :p
  15. Darkwriter Force Ghost

star 4
    *TEARS* Oh, man, that was beautiful. And you know, the message is sooooo dead on. You've got to enjoy the time you have with your loved ones, until you wake up one night to find it all blew away.

Great job illustrating RENT in the Star Wars universe. And Happy Valentine's Day!

Janet
  16. Jedi-Roxy Jedi Master

star 3
    YAY! I've been a bad reader and slighly less than attentive. But I've caught up... so good job! yay yay yay yay yay yay. Finish it out right!

TPJ
  17. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    That was amazing!!! And the last line was so sweet [face_love]

You did an absolutely amazing job with this fic!! I'm so sad that it's over :_| I've had a great time [:D]
  18. Lusa_Thul Force Ghost

star 4
    Darkwriter

Dude, you're from DC? (Unless the icon is a clever ruse to trick me! :p ) No way, dude, me too! *High five*

But back on track! :p Thanks dude! I mean, RENT itself has such a heppy ending, but that always seemed kind of off to me!

Jedi-Roxy

Haha, you're forgiven! Glad you enjoyed it! :)

Nat

Aww, thanks dude! I'm sad its over, too, but I'm glad you liked it! :)
  19. SithGirl132 Force Ghost

star 4
    *wipes away tears*
    I just found and read all of this today. I love RENT though I've never had the money to see either the play or the musical. This was so good! I loved in the beginning about starting a club- dark hair, green eyes, dumped by Jaina Solo- sou funny! I cried when Lusa died and cried again in relief at the end. Great job! I love your take on this. Crossovers with a musical are so cool, and you did great justice to RENT!!=D=
  20. Lusa_Thul Force Ghost

star 4
    Just bumping this to say a HUGE THANK YOU TO WHO EVER NOMMED IT! I WAS TOUCHED! :)

SithGirl132

Thanks! I'm amazed you did all that reading! I totally recomend you go see RENT, even if this did totally spoil it! :p So glad you enjoyed!
  21. Idrelle_Miocovani Force Ghost

star 6
    *whew*!

Just did a marathon read through and I have to say that I am totally BLOWN AWAY! Combining Rent and Star Wars can't have been easy, but you did it in such a flawless way. I love it! You have such a terrific cast of characters. I love Kyp as Mark. [face_love] And parts had me sniffing really hard.

Terrific job! =D==D==D=
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.