main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Zoom In (Rent crossover, J/J/K Z/A/A R/L J/TK) UPDATE 1-31! Finale B!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lusa_Thul, Dec 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    Great updates! :) Loved the R/L, and angsty!Zekk was wonderful, too. (Although that's to be expected, seeing as you are the queen of angsty!Zekk. :p)

2. emeraldshadow

emeraldshadow Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 7, 2005
    Wait a second! Wait just a second! If the title says J/J/K and Jag and Kyp are supposed to be dancing a tango later... [face_thinking] [face_thinking] [face_worried] :eek: :eek: :eek::eek:

Is this going to be a little more?um?interesting than your run of the mill J/J/K or am I just reading too much into things?

:oops: I can?t believe I didn?t connect that last night. I'm so slow sometimes.

3. Lusa_Thul

Lusa_Thul Jedi Master star 4

Sep 9, 2004
    :eek: Holy cow, did I miss a lot of replies! You know why? Because I went and saw Les Miz last night, thats why! But fangirling later! Ok, off to work answering these!

SoloFel_RebelGirl

Yay on first reply! And thanks bunchies!

VC

Hehe, thanks! Seriously, Tango ended up begin one of my favorte chapters in this whole thing, because I just went all out with Kyp! It rocked! :p

mavjade

Update in a second, actually! And glad you liked it! :) As for the spelling, welcome to my world! :p

Rabe

Oh, you'll be getting plenty of Zekk angst through this thing, trust me! :p

aurrasingrules101

Glad you liked it! And I can add you to the PM list for this thing, if you'd like! :)

NYCitygurl

*Does the new reader dance* I love the movie so much! They did an amazing job with it! And, yeah, if you get the chance, totally see the show, because it rocks so hard!

Mark=Kyp
    Roger=Zekk
    Benny=Jacen
    Collins=Raynar
    Angel=Lusa
    Maureen=Jaina
    Joanne=Jag?
    Mimi=?

Got everyone right! Well, not quite with Benny, but thats because I've got a plot twist with him that you're not really gonna get to see for a while, but whatever! :p And Mimi will be showing up in two posts, and all the mystery will be solved! :)

emeraldshadow

Aww, why thank you! And, yup, I melted my brains out with this, but I do that a lot anyways, so fear not!

Wait a second! Wait just a second! If the title says J/J/K and Jag and Kyp are supposed to be dancing a tango later...

Is this going to be a little more?um?interesting than your run of the mill J/J/K or am I just reading too much into things?

Yeah, I suppose that might be a bit confusing for people who haven't seen Rent. SO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVEN'T SEEN IT AND ARE FILLED WITH CONFUSION, READ THIS! :p Ok, so, I've cast Kyp as Mark, Jaina as Maureen, and Jag as Joanne. Basically, in the show, Maureen has left Mark for a woman. He's a bit bummed about this. But he and Joanne do this whole big number where they tango and it's crazy cool! Sadly, Kyp and Jag will not be dancing, because I was worried about breaking the slash rule, and because I couldn't really figure out how to make it work! But its a great scene in the show! Very funny! :) Ok, done done! :)

JoE

Why thanks bunchies!

Loved the R/L, and angsty!Zekk was wonderful, too. (Although that's to be expected, seeing as you are the queen of angsty!Zekk.)

Aww, thanks!! That totally made my day! :) Zekk gets huge amounts of angst in this next bit, which will be up in, like, five seconds!

4. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUSA!!!!!!! [:D]

Check your e-mail for a surprise!

5. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    Aww, thanks VC! Here's a post, by the way! It's my birthday present to me! :p

THIS IS AN EXAMPLE OF ME BEING VERY CLEVER! Watch this, dudes! Ok, now we get to take a huge trip into the Land of Backstory! Short posts are gone for quite some time. You get to fin out why Kyp's not off being a Jedi, and sort of why Jaina is, but we got more on that later.
    But watch how I brilliantly tie canon in with this fic! I've changed the way you use andris slightly, but other than that, I am being brilliant. Brillaint. I cannot get over myself! :p Let me add that the person I used for April (you will see who in a sec) was originally gonna be Mimi, but more on that later! Ok, here we go!

Part 7 - One Song Glory

Find
    The one song
    Before the virus takes hold
    Glory
    Like a sunset
    One song
    To redeem this empty life
    Time flies
    And then - no need to endure anymore
    Time dies

One Song Glory
    , from Rent

Staring sightlessly around the dark room, Zekk considered for a moment that Kyp might be right. Maybe he should get out of here, if only for a bit. But he could not bring himself to. Facing the world was really the last thing he wanted to do right now.

He had not always been like this, he reflected, gazing down at his shaking hands with a sigh. Only a year ago, he had been alive with the joy of music and love, his life alight with a blaze of possibilities. Now, however, things were different.

It had begun, he supposed, when he had met Anja. He had been entranced by her the moment he saw her, with her honey-streaked black hair, and huge, shining eyes. They had met in a dim, smoky cantina that had hired him to play for the night, and had been instantly drawn to each other. They shared a similar hard past, and a fierce independence, as well as an almost reckless attitude towards life. The only real difference had been the spice.

At first Zekk had done his best to ignore Anja?s dependence on andris. Like anyone growing up on the streets, he had experimented with spice at some point, but had not really developed a taste for it. Anja, on the other hand, although she refused to call it addiction, was hooked on the drug. At first he had politely refused her offers to lend him some, but eventually had given in; it had been more than a little awkward to sit around uncomfortably while she used the stuff. He had to admit, it had its benefits. It helped him focus, and provided quick energy bursts, both of which were extremely useful for someone who made a living as a musician.

He did not know where they had picked up the disease; which one of them had had the misfortune of using an infected needle, and then gifted it to the other in love. All he knew was that, one day, his life had shattered. Jaina, who had been his best friend since they were children, had invited herself and Kyp over for dinner, as she had a tendency to do. Zekk had gone to meet them alone; Anja had been feeling sick, and had finally given in and decided to visit a medic.

Opening the door to the apartment he shared with her, Zekk had sensed immediately that something was wrong. He did not know what had prompted him to glance at the table, or what caused his eyes to land on the folded scrap of flimsi sitting on it. His name was scrawled across the outside in a shaky version of Anja?s usually neat script. Unfolding it, he had read a single sentence that had stopped his heart.

We?ve got KD.
    -Anja

He had set it down without a word, ignoring his guest?s questions as he dashed towards the bedroom, hoping to find her there. He had been halted as he passed the refresher, though, by the sight of what lay inside. Her beautiful hair lay in black shadows around her body, mixing like a spill of oil with the pools of blood that still flowed from her slashed wrists. Her luminous eyes were closed, but even death could not soften the look of painful desperation on her still face.

He had stumbled numbly inside, gathering her body in his arms as he sobbed. Jaina and Kyp had appeared silently behind him, eyes full of sorrow, her hand

6. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    [face_dancing] First reply!

Her beautiful hair lay in black shadows around her body, mixing like a spill of oil with the pools of blood that still flowed from her slashed wrists. Her luminous eyes were closed, but even death could not soften the look of painful desperation on her still face.
    :_| This was beautifully written!

He had images of Jaina stroking his tangled hair while he cried, of Jacen pinning his flailing arms to his side, his face sorrowful as Zekk screamed and raged at him, of Kyp dragging his shuddering body out of a freezing shower, a rare expression of compassion on his usually sarcastic face as he grabbed a blanked and wrapped it around his limp form, holding him tightly.

I could see this happening in my head while I read it...it gave me chills!

This was an amazing update Lusa...I can't wait for more!

Happy Birthday!

7. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    *Does the new reader dance* I love the movie so much! They did an amazing job with it! And, yeah, if you get the chance, totally see the show, because it rocks so hard!

I really really want to, but no one will take me to Chicago or New York or wherever it's playing :( Oh, and if you have a PM list, please add me!! I love this!! Darn, no Jag/Kyp tango?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

And I [face_love] that song.

The post is soooo sad, but very well written!! I love the descriptions of what Zekk was going through to get off spice. And inventive use of Anja as April!! Then I guess I know who Mimi is . . .

8. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    Well if one A is dead, who else does Lusa 'ship with Zekk? :p

That was an amazing chappy, Lusa. And I don't mind trooping into the land of backstory at all when it's done so well!

But it's not Kyp at the door... is it? [face_devil]

9. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    mavjade

Yay on first post! :p And thanks! Usually I kind of skimp on imagry, just because it's so much more work, but I felt like this chapter definatly needed it! :)

NYCitygurl

Yeah, it's playing in New York, and there's a national tour going around, but I think that's it! And, yup added you to the PM list, aka the Cool People List! :p

I love the song, too! It's just so powerful, it makes me die! And thanks! I'm obviously not a drug expert, so I was worried about how the spice bits would come out! I'm glad they worked! :)

VC

Hehe, of course that's who it is! Than again, who else would I write as Mim? (As if you don't already know or anything! :p ) And thanks! The Land of Backstory can be hard to do, so I'm awefully glad it worked! :) And, nope, of course it's not Kyp! :p

10. Handmaiden_Rabe

Handmaiden_Rabe Jedi Master star 5

Nov 2, 2003
    :eek: This must be a very messed up movie/musical.

Yay for Angsty!Zekk!!! I love him! :p

Beautifully written, Joiner-sis, if I hadn't read it so early in the day, I'm sure I would have cried.

11. aurrasingrules101

aurrasingrules101 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2003
    nice update!

12. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    This sounded really interesting and, though I've never seen rent, a friend kinda told me about it and it sounded interesting so, here I am.

I'm looking foward to reading more of this. Please add me to the PM list if there is one.

13. jedi_of_ennth

Mar 1, 2005
    Beautiful post! =D=

He had set it down without a word, ignoring his guest?s questions as he dashed towards the bedroom, hoping to find her there. He had been halted as he passed the refresher, though, by the sight of what lay inside. Her beautiful hair lay in black shadows around her body, mixing like a spill of oil with the pools of blood that still flowed from her slashed wrists. Her luminous eyes were closed, but even death could not soften the look of painful desperation on her still face.

:_| Gorgeous imagery. :_|

14. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    Rabe

This must be a very messed up movie/musical.

Yeah, it really kinda is. And I've had to sensor it like mad to make it fit the TOS is the crazy part! :p

And thank you! Glad you liked it! *Passes tissues*

aurrasingrules101

Why thank you! :)

princess_melissa

*New reader dance* Welcome abord! Amazingly, a lot of people who are reading this say they have never seen Rent, which is obviously really exciting for me! I'm really interested to see if the fic still works even if you don't know the plot! And added you to the List of Cool People Who Get PMs When I Update! :)

JoE

Why thank you! I hate over-using imagry, but every now and then it's fun to go all out with it! :)

15. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    Ok, before anything else, gotta say I AM SO SORRY ABOUT HOW MUCH OF THIS DIALOGUE IS STRAIGHT OUT OF THE SONG!! I feel really bad about that, but the thing is, it's already in conversation form! I tried to rewrite it like, 3 different times, but it just ended up looking stupid, cause there's really no way to rewrite most of this! So, yeah, sorry about that, this is the only time it happened to this extent!

Part 8 - Light My Candle

We could light the candle
    Oh won't you light the candle?

Light My Candle
    , from Rent

Opening the door, Zekk was surprised to find, not Kyp, but a scantily clad twi?lek. ?Got a light?? She inquired, her blue fingers waving a candle, one eyebrow raised in a questioning look.

?Do I know you?? Zekk asked, frowning slightly as he studied her face, feeling sure he had seen her somewhere before. Stepping aside to allow her to enter the dim room, he added, concerned, ?You're shivering.?

?It's nothing, they turned off my heat.? She replied with a carefree shrug as she surveyed the loft. ?Yours, too, apparently.? She added, turning back around to face him. ?What are you staring at??

?Nothing.? He replied awkwardly. ?You just look familiar, that?s all.? He explained with a shrug, finding the battered pack of matches he had used to light the fire earlier and using them on the candle. She smiled, shielding the small flame with her hand as she began to exit, stumbling slightly as she did. ?Can you make it?? He asked in concern, reaching out and catching her elbow to steady her.

?Just haven't eaten much today.? She explained, waving it off with a dismissing hand as she added, sounding amused, ?At least the room stopped spinning. What?? She asked, as she caught him staring again.

?Nothing.? Zekk said, adding after a moment, ?Your smile reminded me of-?

?I always remind people of-? The twi?lek replied with a twitch of her lekku. ?Who is she??

?She died.? He said softly, sadness tingeing his voice as he looked away. ?Her name was Anja.?

His visitor glanced from the candle to his lowered eyes and back again before, in a quick, discreet movement, blowing it out. ?It's out again.? She informed him, holding it towards him as she added, ?Sorry about your friend.?

He reached out, striking another match and lighting it again. They lingered awkwardly for a moment. ?Well??

?Yeah?? She asked, interrupting herself with a sharp ?Ow!?

?Oh, the wax,? He observed, gesturing at it, grateful to have at least some sort of topic to discuss. ?It's-?

?Dripping!? She finished with a nod, sucking briefly on the sore finger before adding, with a sharp-toothed smile as she slid closer to him, ?I like it between my-?

?Fingers.? Zekk completed, jumping backwards quickly, jerking his hands away from the candle. ?I figured...? He added lamely. ?Oh, well. Goodnight.? She flashed him an indiscernible look before exiting, pulling the door shut behind her. Zekk barely had time to breathe a sigh relief, however, when there was another knock. Opening the door to find the twi?lek once again standing behind it, he asked, ?It blew out again??

?No.? She replied, despite the fact that her candle was, in fact, very much out. ?I think that I dropped my stash.? She explained, her eyes darting around the room.

?I know I've seen you before.? Zekk mused, not really expecting a response as she brushed past him. ?Your candle's out.? He added.

?I had it when I walked in.? She muttered, ignoring his comments completely. ?Maybe it?s on the floor.? She added, dropping to her hands and knees as she continued to search.

?The floor?? He asked, although that was not what currently held his attention.

Sighing, she threw a glance over her shoulder at him. ?They say I have the best ass this level. Is it true??

?What?? Zekk asked, confused by this sudden change of topic.

?You?re staring again.? She informed him with a dry smile.

?Oh no.? He said quickly, adding, ?I mean you do have a nice -I mean -You look familiar.? He stuttered awkwardly.

?Like your dead girlfriend?? Sh

16. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Wonderful!! Bloody brilliant!! I was singing the lyrics to the song the whole post (because no one else is home :p )

17. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    Yes!

And don't feel bad about the dialogue. That song is almost entirely dialogue.

Awesome! Yes, Alema seems more like a glitterstim kind of girl to me, too.

Here's the link to that cover art again: Zoom In Art Now with 100% more Raynar/Lusa action and a Kung-fu grip! :p

18. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Great Update Lusa!=D=

This is one of my favorite songs (I can never pick just one with a musical, I normally love them all! If you asked me my favorite song from Hair; my favorite musical, I would start naming and keep going and going till I listed the entire show:p )

I would think this would be hard one to wright with the song the way it is...you did a great job!

I can't wait for more!

19. aurrasingrules101

aurrasingrules101 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2003
    again, very nice postie.

20. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    NYCitygurl

Hehe, thanks! Yeah, I generally kinda sing along while editing. Or at least blast the music! :p

VC

Hehe, thanks!

Awesome! Yes, Alema seems more like a glitterstim kind of girl to me, too.

To tell teh truth, I used it cause of that bit in THJ where she compares the Taat to it! So I actually had ligic behind that! :p

And thanks so much for the cover art! It rocks so hard! :)

mavjade

Yeah, I love that song, too! It's just so fun, you know? As for Hair, I seriously need to get my hands on that soundtrack, because I've heard it rocks! :D

aurrasingrules101

Thanks bunchies! :)

21. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    So, I got to thinking, and I realised that, because a lot of you either haven't seen the movie or show, or have only seen the movie, you have missed out on all the thrilling cotumes of the show! See, Rent came out in the mid 90's, which, as you know, was full of very exciting fasion statements, such as leggings. When the movie came out, they tones down all the costumes, with the exception of Angel, who got to keep all his amazing tights, like the green plaid ones which I didn't even bother finding a picture of because they will cause your eyes to melt. Anyways, I hunted down some images that show just what a fashionable show Rent is, and put them up, because I have no life and they are reaelly funny. Not all of them are the Original Cast, but it's not like the costumes change (excapte Maureens 'Over the Moon' costume, hwhich is always changing, I don't know why.) So entertain yourselves, and watch as the fasion melts your computer screens! Keep in mind, these are worn on stage under stage lights, which just makes them worse!

Joanne in blinding patterns

This picture speaks for itself, and, when combined, these costumes have the power to make your head explode. Check out Angel's tights. On a side note, this is the cast I saw! :)

Mark's scarf and jacket combination are most sexy

I want this outfit! I would wear it every day!

And I could wear this jacket over it, just like Mimi! I'd be so popular!

I want Roger's pants. And Mark's jacket. And Benny's shirt. I would wear them all togther at the same time.

I seriously do think these pants are the greatest thing ever! Sorry I didn't have Zekk wear them!

The pants go really well with the green, fleece jacket! So hot! Full length shot this time, too!

And one last picture of those pants, because they blow my mind that much!

Now that your head has exploded, I'll leave you in peace! Update tommorow!

22. jedi_of_ennth

Mar 1, 2005
    Wonderful post! Nice Z/A interaction. :D Also, I love the cover art. And the costume pics, as predicted, have melted my brain. :p

23. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Wonderful pictures!! Thanks for posting!!

24. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    Well, Lusa. My eyes just melted. Thanks.

Ah the 90s! When mix-matched clashing patterns were in! I remember my mother dressing me in floral prints, plaids, and stripes (all at the same time) and sending me off to Pre-K. Tights and turtlenecks! Who else remembers!

Oh, and Lusa? Rent premeired in 1996 or so, but it's set even earlier than that! By '96 fashion had calmed down a little, but between 89 and 95 it was really nutty!

Yes, I love the pants, too.

Though I don't understand how Mimi can wear those short skirts she wears and not FREEZE HER REAR OFF in the New York City winter.

25. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    JoE

Why thanks! You know I love writing Z/A! As for the pictures, yeah, my computer is still recovering, too1 :p

NYCitygurl

Hehe, thanks! They amuse me! :p

VC

Hehe, yeah, I wore leggings and turtlenecks sooo much! I can't believe my mom let me go out in public! :p And, yeah, Mimi's fasion sense seems very cold! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.