main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Zoom In (Rent crossover, J/J/K Z/A/A R/L J/TK) UPDATE 1-31! Finale B!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lusa_Thul, Dec 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emeraldshadow

emeraldshadow Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 7, 2005
    Of course, Jacen was the one person I didn't guess.:p

Good update.:)

2. Lusa_Thul

Lusa_Thul Jedi Master star 4

Sep 9, 2004
    VC

Aww, thanks! Glad you're still liking it! :)

mavjade

Aw, sorry about your dad! That sucks.

And, yeah, poor Lusa! In the show Angel actually kills the dog, but I figured tha guilt from that would just be waaaay too much for her! :p So she just let the animals out! :)

JoE

Why thank you!

Of course not. He'd rather sit around and angst about it.

Of course! Cross over or not, this is Zekk we're talking about here! :p

emeraldshadow

Hehe, thats ok! Blame it on the mucical for changing the order! :p

3. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    Gasp gasp! Just realised not only is this page 5, but we just broke 100 posts, people! Party! *Passes out brownies* :D

4. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    *takes a brownie* Congrats. :)

5. emeraldshadow

Oct 7, 2005
    Congratulations on making 100 posts! [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

6. aurrasingrules101

aurrasingrules101 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2003
    nice update! when do we get the kyp and jag tango i've been hearing about? because that would be funny beyond words.

though i can't imagine how you could write a logical explanation...

7. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    VC and emeraldshadow

Thanks thanks! Actuallly, congradulate yourselves, too! You all helped fill this thing with posts! :p

aurrasingrules101

Why thank you! :)

when do we get the kyp and jag tango i've been hearing about? because that would be funny beyond words.

though i can't imagine how you could write a logical explanation...

Thats actually the next post, though I don't know what we'll do once it's up. You will all have to find a new chapter to be excited about, after that! :p As for the actual tango...wait and see! :)

8. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    Alright, guys, theoretically you'll get an update tommorow, except that my other computer (The one containing all my fanfics) is busy being dead. Hopefully it will fix itself without loosing the rest of this thing! It not, we'll go from there! Ok!

9. Darkwriter

Darkwriter Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2006
    Hey, this is a great story. I haven't actually seen Rent yet, but I have a great respect for the show.

Keep up the good work!

10. skywalkerlover00

skywalkerlover00 Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2005
    i just found this... and its really great...

11. Handmaiden_Rabe

Handmaiden_Rabe Jedi Master star 5

Nov 2, 2003
    Joiner bond is coming and going continually. Hmmm, I wonder how the Jaina thing's gonna work out...

12. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Jonathan Larson really was amazing. The soundtrack for the movie has a big tribute to him, and the last song on it is one he wrote to raise money for AIDS relief.

Lovely!!! I really like the thing about the animals :) It really does fit jacen :D You're writing this very well--I love how you make it fit so perfectly into Star Wars!!!

13. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    Ok, dead computer has decided not to be dead anymore, luckily, so you will be getting an update tommorow! Yay! :)

Darkwriter

Ooh, new reader! Yay! *Cue confetti* Glad to have ya here! A lot of people reading this haven't seen Rent, actually, so don't worry! :) Anyways, glad you like it so far! :)

skywalkerlover00

Another new reader! *Cue confetti again* Wow, two in one day! I'm thrilled out of my mind! :D Hehe, ok, anyways, glad to have you, and glad you like it so far! :)

Rabe

Hehe, yay for Joiner bond! As for Jaina, well, wait and see... :D

Nat

Yeah, he really was. I love that last song on the movie soundtrack; its so amazing!

And thanks! Yeah, had to bring in Jacen and his animal obsession! :p It just fit so perfectly! :)

14. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    Alright, here it is: the tango scene! Now, as I'm sute you've noticed, I have recieved a lot of requests to have Kyp and Jag actually physically tango, ala Mark and Joanne. Now, that's a clever idea, but I have encountered a few problems with it such as, Problem Number 1 Can anyone here, in all honesty and with a straight face, look me in the eye and say, "Why, yes, Jagged Fel is exactly the sort of person I can see breaking into a spontaneous tango with Kyp Durron."? Anyone who can do that without laughing and being totally serious (aka no one in the history of the world) will get 50 gold stars.

Ok, now, Problem Number 2 sort of goes along with the first one, and it is...

[image=http://www.geocities.com/lusa_thul/tango.JPG]

I cannot see Jag getting his leg that high up on Kyp's body. Nor can I see him in that dress. (Agh, now look what you made me do! Bad mental images right there, let me tell you!) However, I can see Kyp wearing a very similar expression to the one Mark has on. :p

And, finally, Problem Number 3 is that I really am not in the mood to get banned for slashing Kyp and Jag because that would just be an embarrassing way to get kicked out of here. Although I suppose it would be quite memorable! :)

So, there you have it; reasons why they're not going to actually tango. Too bad, so sad, ok, enought of that, on with the show! :)

Part 12 - Tango: Maureen

When you're dancing her dance
    You don't stand a chance
    Her grip of romance
    Makes you fall

So you think, ?Might as well?
    "Dance a tango to hell"
    ?At least I'll have tangoed at all?

Tango: Maureen
    , from Rent

It only took Kyp a few moments to make his way down to the lot located next to the building. Pulling out his holocamera, he paused for a moment, recording the partially constructed stage and jumbled equipment, as well as the pathetic shelters constructed by the various homeless beings who lived there. He felt his throat tighten slightly at the sight of them. He had grown up in the spice mines of Kessel, then escaped and spent his later teen years on the streets of Coruscant with Zekk. Poverty was something he was very familiar with, and the idea of Jacen driving these people out disgusted him. His only consolation was the knowledge that Jacen probably felt even worse about it than he did.

Switching the camera off with a sigh he tucked it into the battered bag slung across his shoulder and strode towards the area Jaina had chosen for her protest. She had originally planned to hold it indoors, but Jacen had closed down that space, forcing her to resort to the lot. He glanced around for her small, brunette figure, half afraid, half hoping to see her. Instead his green eyes settled on a man who looked to be about Zekk?s age crouching on the stage, fighting with a tangled mess of cables.

Reaching the edge of the stage, he cleared his throat slightly. The other man glanced up, his face politely expressionless, although Kyp thought he detected more than a hint of frustration in his emerald eyes. ?Hi.? He said, raising a hand slightly in greeting, adding, ?Jaina commed and asked if I could come help with the equipment.? After an awkward silence, he asked hesitantly, ?Are you Jag??

The stranger nodded, standing and brushing dirt from the knees of his dark pants. ?I am. Who are you??

?Kyp.? He replied. A long, uncomfortable pause followed, until he forced himself to try to break it, climbing up onto the stage and kneeling to take a look at the wires. Conversationally, though with his usual barbed cynicism, he asked as he examined them, ?Aren?t you supposed to be a pilot or something??

?Pilot, not mechanic.? Jag replied tightly. ?I can fix my clawcraft just fine, but, in case you have not noticed, this is not exactly a ship.?

?Thanks for the clarification.? Kyp replied sarcastically, yanking out a handful of plugs and rearranging them. Glancing at him, he wondered why all the men Jaina dated looked the same. Except the fact that his hair was short and neat, and for the

15. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    First post! :cool:

[face_laugh] Kyp was hilarious in this post. You're really good at writing him.

16. Handmaiden_Rabe

Handmaiden_Rabe Jedi Master star 5

Nov 2, 2003
    Oh gosh. *falls over laughing* Kyp's amazing, crusty or not.

Wonderful post, though I can't quite make out where they were s'pposed to tango...

17. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Why, yes, Jagged Fel is exactly the sort of person....[face_laugh] Nope you're right, I can't do it...the mental image will get ya every time! :p

I really am not in the mood to get banned for slashing Kyp and Jag because that would just be an embarrassing way to get kicked out of here.
    You must admit, that would probably be the most interesting way anyone has ever been kicked out :p

Kyp really cracked me up, I bet that really made his day!

I feel bad for Jag, nothing worse than being paranoid in a relationship!

Great Post Lusa! I can't wait for the next one!

18. skywalkerlover00

skywalkerlover00 Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2005
    poor jag.. now he's going to be suspicious... damn kyp, why do you have to open your big mouth.. but anyways good job... poor jag... poor jag....

19. emeraldshadow

Oct 7, 2005
    Can anyone here, in all honesty and with a straight face, look me in the eye and say, "Why, yes, Jagged Fel is exactly the sort of person I can see breaking into a spontaneous tango with Kyp Durron."?

I have two responses to that-

(1)[face_plain] Why yes, Jagged Fel is exactly...[face_worried]..the sort of..:) person I can...:D see breaking into a spontanee...[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Nope. Can't do it.;)

(2) PLOT BUNNY! Big ol' rabid rabbit bounding through my head complete with logical explanation for why the tango happened. The people will get their Jag/Kyp tango if I have anything ot say about it! (I'll have to be careful with it though because you re right about that being an embarrassing way to go.:p)

Edit-Ooh! And I just thought of how to work it into my response to the V-day J/Z index challenge.Thank you for the idea Lusa!:D

Now for my review of the chapter-

[face_laugh] That was fabulous! Great banter! I loved Kyp in this post. He certainly gave Jag something to think about.:p

20. aurrasingrules101

aurrasingrules101 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2003
    oh, poor jaggie. and it does kind of sound like jaina's a compulsive cheater. great post! i loved kyp here.

and, as a matter of fact, i can say anything with a straight face. there's a trick, see. just think of the saddest thing that's ever happened to you while you say it, and you won't even crack a smile.

works every time.

watch.

[face_plain] Why, yes, Jagged Fel is exactly the sort of person I can see breaking into a spontaneous tango with Kyp Durron.[face_plain]

but that doesn't mean i would ever want to read about it in cannon, and i certainly wouldn't want you to get banned. then how would i know what happens? ;) :p

21. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    Great!

I wanted dancing. I demand dancing. :p

Kyp is hilarious!

22. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    :eek: Wow! What a lot of replies! I am stunned!

JoE

Why thank you! I'm having waaaaay too much fun writing Kyp! Which is kind of funny, because when I joined the baords I think you would have had to work very hard to find a bigger Kyp hater than me! And now I adore him! Crazyness! :p

Rabe

Hehe, thanks! Gotta love Kyp! And in the show they just do a big tango number because, hey, why not? It's a musical, after all! You can get away with anytrhing in Musical Land! :p

mavjade

Why, yes, Jagged Fel is exactly the sort of person.... Nope you're right, I can't do it...the mental image will get ya every time!

Haha, see? I even tried, and I couldn't do it! Just typing that snetence almost killed me! :p

You must admit, that would probably be the most interesting way anyone has ever been kicked out

True, true. My legacy would certainly live on for years to come! ;p

And thanks! Kyp is so fun to write, cause he's just so snarky! And as for Jag being paranoid, yeah, thats definatly gonna come back up, trust me! :p

skywalkerlover00

[face_laugh] Yeah, Jag's gonna be suspicious, alright! And it's definatly gonna come back up, promise! :p

emeraldshadow

(1) Why yes, Jagged Fel is exactly... ..the sort of.. person I can... see breaking into a spontanee...

Nope. Can't do it.

See? :D Imagine what a hard time I had just typing that sentence! :p

As for the plot buunnies, can't wait to read 'em! :)

And thanks! I'll say now, I've had amlost as much fun writing Kyp and Jag together in this thing as I have writing Kyp and Zekk! :D

aurrasingrules101

Well, you gotta admit, Jaina is pretty similar in the books to the way I'm portraying her here! :p

and, as a matter of fact, i can say anything with a straight face. there's a trick, see. just think of the saddest thing that's ever happened to you while you say it, and you won't even crack a smile.

Ahh, thats cheating! :p You gotta do it while actually thinking about what you're saying! :p

VC

Haha, sorry, dude! No dancing yet! Wait till 'Out Tonight'! :p

23. DarthAllana

DarthAllana Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 28, 2006
    saying hi

24. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Poor Jag!! The poor guy was almost content before Kyp showed up . . . and talk about being in charge!! And she had no common sense--Jag obviously couldn't fix her stuff, so she sent Kyp to do it even though she broke his heart, and she put him in the same room as Jag . . . but sooo funny :D

Great picture of Mark and Joanne, by the way :)

25. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    DarthAllana

Hi back attcha! :)

Nat

Haha, yeah, poor Jag! But that's what you get when you date Jaina! She is a goddess, after all! :p

And, yeah, I love that picture! Makes me laugh! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.