main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Zoom In (Rent crossover, J/J/K Z/A/A R/L J/TK) UPDATE 1-31! Finale B!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lusa_Thul, Dec 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lusa_Thul

Lusa_Thul Jedi Master star 4

Sep 9, 2004
    Ok, update tommorow! Yay!

2. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    Kk, update! And my I just say that this song is so sad! I love it, but it's so sad! Oh, quick note about why I didn't give any of the Life Support members names! In the script, it says they should be changed each night to match the names of cast members who have died of AIDS, and the names of all the originals are friend's of Jonathan Larson who had AIDS. So I felt it was a lot better symbolism to just leave them all - even Paul - nameless and anonomous.

Part 13 - Life Support

Look - I find some of what you teach suspect
    Because I'm used to relying on intellect
    But I try to open up to what I don't know
    Because reason says I should have died
    Three years ago

No other road
    No other way
    No day but today

Life Support
    , from Rent

By the time he reached the small community building that housed Life Support, Kyp had decided he truly hated the cold. Glancing at the address to make sure this was the right place, he pulled open the doors and hurried inside, shivering. He could hear the murmur of voices emerging from somewhere down the hall, and made his way towards them, glancing in the rooms he passed until he reached his destination.

A small, mixed group of beings sat facing each other in a rough circle. The room itself was slightly bare, but warm, which was all that mattered to him, he decided as he entered. They had apparently just finished introductions, he realized, as Raynar stated his name. He bumped against a chair noisily, his bag hitting the back with a thunk. Cursing, Kyp glared at it angrily, then looked back up, finding a circle of enquiring eyes fixed on him. He waved sheepishly. ?Sorry.?

?And you are?? The man who appeared to be the leader asked politely, gesturing for him to pull up a chair.

?Oh, I'm not?I'm just here to?? He fumbled with his bag, trying to find his holorecorder as he explained awkwardly, ?I don't have?I'm here with?? Raynar and Lusa were not being at all helpful, as they regarded him with the same polite curiosity that might be aimed at a rather stupid and annoying child. ?Um, Kyp. I?m Kyp.? He trailed off lamely, finally freeing the camera as he asked, ?Does anyone mind if I film a bit of this for a documentary??

The group glanced at each other, heads shaking quietly after a moment, though no one spoke. ?Great. Thanks.? He said, raising the device and turning it on, trying not to cause any more of a disturbance than he already had. He panned from face to face, wishing there was some way to capture the solemn sorrow that filled the room. Each expression was different. Some looked sad, some scared, while a few looked calm, accepting, or even hopeful.

There was an awkward silence for a moment, then the leader asked softly, ?Alright, who wants to begin??

After a moment, a Rodian raised his hand slightly. Receiving a nod to go ahead, he spoke, his buzzing voice hesitant. ?I?m having a bit of a problem with this whole operation.? He said, his voice not quite angry, but laced with frustration and defeat. ?All you?ve talked about is forgetting regrets, and stuff like that. Well, you know what? I regret this disease. I regret knowing that it?s going to kill me, and I regret that there?s nothing anyone can do about that, ok??

?Alright.? The man replied, his voice surprisingly calm. ?But, if you don?t mind me asking, how do you feel today??

The green alien looked slightly puzzled, as he shrugged, replying, ?Okay, I suppose.? He paused for a moment, then admitted, ?Actually, I feel pretty good today. Best I?ve felt all year.?

?Then why not try to hope?? He asked gently, a slight smile on his face. ?After all, what good is there in being afraid??

?I live on Coruscant.? He replied with a snort. ?Fear?s my life.? This comment earned a round of soft laughter from the group. It was not much, but it dispelled the lingering tension and sadness, as people seemed to relax a bit.

?Alright,? The leader said with a light laugh. ?Whose next??

3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Short, but sad :( Very well-written =D=

4. skywalkerlover00

skywalkerlover00 Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2005
    i agree... the post was short, sad, and amazing..

5. emeraldshadow

emeraldshadow Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 7, 2005
    *Echoes the 'short and sad' crowd*

6. Darth_Intangable

Darth_Intangable Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2006
    Interesting!

my signature isn't working!!! AHHH

7. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    That was great!
    Sad....like everyone else said, but well written!

I loved...

?I live on Coruscant.? He replied with a snort. ?Fear?s my life.?
    it made me laugh!

Can't wait for more!

8. Darkwriter

Darkwriter Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2006
    Very nice. Does Kyp know he's walked into the "recovery club"?

9. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    Nat

Thanks! Yeah, it's short, but, then again, so is the song! :p Glad you liked it!

skywalkerlover00

Aww, thank you! Glad you liked it! :)

emeraldshadow

Hehe, thanks! :)

Darth_Intangable

Why thank you! :)

mavjade

Thanks! As for the line, well, I'll admit to taking it right from the song. Except there it's New York! Same thing, though! :p

Darkwriter

Thanks! Yeah, he does. But he's still gonna bumble around awkwardly! :p

10. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    Great post. :)

After a moment, a Rodian raised his hand slightly. Receiving a nod to go ahead, he spoke, his buzzing voice hesitant. ?I?m having a bit of a problem with this whole operation.? He said, his voice not quite angry, but laced with frustration and defeat.

I'm not sure why, but I really like the fact that you've put a Rodian in here.

11. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    How did I miss the update? Anyways, that was really sweet.

Thank you for the rodian.

Will there be any Yuuzhan Vong?

And interesting bit of trivia...

PS- I demand Kyp and Jag dancing. Together.

12. aurrasingrules101

aurrasingrules101 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2003
  13. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    JoE

Thanks!

I'm not sure why, but I really like the fact that you've put a Rodian in here.

Thanks! I though it was kind of nice not to have it be all humans. I mean, most of the cast I've got is human, so it was nice to mix it up a bit! :)

VC

Will there be any Yuuzhan Vong?

Sadly, no. I just cut the invasion entirly, because the fic is set sort of mid to late NJO, timeline wise. :)

And interesting bit of trivia...

Yeah, Rent has a lot of interesting facts like taht about it! :)

PS- I demand Kyp and Jag dancing. Together.

Haha! I'll try to work it in somewhere, or at least do a sort of curtain call, how's that? :p

aurrasingrules101

Why thank you! :)

14. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    So, raise your hand if you totally alread did a Z/A songfic to this song!!! *Frantic hand waving, ala Galinda* 50 gold stars for me! :D That said, and, much as I love this song, it involves very little actual plot. So its a bit shorter than I would have liked. On a side note, I am so bummed they cut the dnace Mimi does from the movie, because it literally knocks your socks off! It is hardcore, man!! But I totally love this song, cause it rocks so hard!

Part 14 - Out Tonight

Let's go out tonight
    I have to go out tonight
    You wanna prowl
    Be my night owl?
    Well take my hand we're gonna howl
    Out tonight

Out Tonight
    , from Rent

Seated before the slightly scratched and tarnished mirror hanging on the wall of her apartment, Alema studied her reflection. A small music cube perched on the corner of the small table that sat between her and the wall, blaring loudly through the room. Her lekku twitched idly along with it as she regarded herself for a moment, before plucking a pencil up from the box of cosmetics before her and applying it deftly around her eyes.

Tilting her head this way and that, she nodded in satisfaction, before replacing it and repeating the process with the various other makeup items in the box. Finally finished she stood, regarding the tight pants and miniscule shirt she had selected and decided she liked what she saw. She was dressed to kill, and she knew it.

Switching off the music with a click, she started towards the door, then paused, thinking. After a moment a sharp-toothed grin spread across her blue face and, turning, she made her way to the window located on the opposite wall. Flinging it open, she clambered out onto the rickety fire escape, even the bitter cold unable to dampen her spirits.

For a moment she stood looking out over the glittering sea of lights that was Coruscant at night. The sight always made her feel completely alive, sending an almost electrical thrill of energy humming through her veins. In a swift, fluid movement, she leapt up onto the metal railing that ran around the edge, balancing easily despite the stiletto heels of the boots she was wearing. Spreading her arms, she let out a whoop, jumping down lightly and mounting the stairway that led to the level above her.

Climbing swiftly up, she peered in through the frosty glass to the darkened room beyond. In the light cast by a handful of flickering candles she could see that the loft?s sole occupant seated on the edge of the table, fingering a stringed instrument. Still grinning, she pushed open the window and stepped inside. His dark hair mingled with the dancing shadows, brushing against his pale skin as he turned his head, staring at her in astonishment.

Gliding across the room in a few graceful steps, she climbed up onto the table, crawling on hands and knees until she reached him, and pulling the mando out of his startled grasp. Setting it down behind her, she leaned back over, cupping his face in her hands and kissing him. He was too surprised to do anything but respond, and, after a long moment, she pulled away, an inviting smile on her lips. ?Wanna go out tonight??

15. aurrasingrules101

aurrasingrules101 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2003
    well that's interesting. she's the spur-of-the-moment kinda gal, i'm guessing.;)

nice work!

16. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    Alema's such a slut.

I love her. :*

17. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    aurrasingrules101

well that's interesting. she's the spur-of-the-moment kinda gal, i'm guessing.

[face_laugh] {face_laugh] Yeah, you could say that! :p

VC

[face_laugh] I love her too! She's just so much fun! :p

18. emeraldshadow

emeraldshadow Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 7, 2005
    *cheers for Alema and her...um...take charge attitude*;)

19. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    Well, good for Zekk, getting to be the random-guy-Alema-makes-out-with-today. :p

20. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    That was great!!! I love the descriptions of when she's getting dressed and putting on make-up.

21. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Hmmmm, most interesting! I guess that is one way to get a guy! :p

Great update!

I can't wait for more!

22. skywalkerlover00

skywalkerlover00 Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2005
    alema is a: skank, bitch, slut, hore, and an ****. need i say anymore?

23. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    Man ,you guys are on fire with these witty comments! You are all making my day! :D

emeraldshadow

*cheers for Alema and her...um...take charge attitude*

[face_laugh] That's the spirit!

JoE

Well, good for Zekk, getting to be the random-guy-Alema-makes-out-with-today.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] Yeah, and he's gonna get to do that quite a bit more in this fic, I'll give you that!

Nat

Aww, thanks! I wasn't quite sure what to have her do, being as theres not much actual plot in this song. :)

mavjade

Yup it sure it! And thanks! More soon! :)

skywalkerlover00

Oooh, look at that! You managed to get yourself censored! Kudos! And, yeah, she is, but I love her anyways! :p

24. kotorchick

kotorchick Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 11, 2005
    Dearest master-

There's been some confusion over where I read my fics...

If you don't understand what I was parodying there, you shouldn't be waving your hand around a la Galinda. :)

Seriously, though. I hardly ever venture over to Beyond (becuase I don't understand who the heck half these characters are...) but I had to read this. Something that meshes Rent and Star Wars is just too perfect. Though I don't know any of the characters except Jaina and Jacen (and them only marginally) I still love it. Alema is perfectly fitting for Mimi, and I LOVE how you did the Out Tonight bit. Perfection. Your research and insights show a clear amount of hard work. This is absolutly terrific!

25. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    Why thank you, padawan!

And, yeah, I'm doing plenty of Galinda waving, fear not! I think I actually did that back at the start of the last update! :p

And, yes, I will have to expand as well, being as I rearely check out other boards! Still, now I have a motivation to do so! Besides, thanks to you I suspect I'm finally going to get to learn about some Before characters, so we'll both be in the same situation. :p And thank you for the notes! I have a lot of people reading who know the characters, but not Rent, so it will be interesting to see how the fic works for someone whose in the oposite position! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.