main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Zorro

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by -Lord-Vader-, Jul 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Lord-Vader-

-Lord-Vader- Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2003
    This was definatly one of the best shows on TV back when everything was in black and white. My parents watched it when they were children, and then I found it on Disney channel one day and fell in love with the show. Unfortunatly, they took it off the air. Those *******.

Well anyway, I was wondering if anyone had seen the original TV series, starring Guy Williams, or read the books which inspired the TV series. Even the movies, which weren't even close to as good as the show, but they were still Zorro.

2. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    Great show! I used to watch it on the Disney channel. When I think of Zorro, I still think Guy Williams. He was terrific. Sgt Garcia, Bernardo and others were all good characters.

3. -Lord-Vader-

Jan 15, 2003
    Ya, great show. So there's only one person that likes this great legend? Zorro?

If you want to write to the person/people that took Zorro off the air, heres the address.

Anne Sweeney
    President, The Disney Channel
    3800 Alameda Ave.
    Burbank, CA 91505

If you want to call The Disney Channel their number is (800)874-1687. Ask for the Programming Department and let them know how you feel!

4. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Out of the night...
    When the full moon is bright...
    Rides a horseman known as Zorro!

This bold renagade carves a Z with his blade...
    A Z that stands for Zorro!

Zorro! Zorro. The fox so cunning and free!
    Zorro! Zorro. Who makes the sign of the Z.

Zorro! Zorro! Zorro! Zorro! Zorro! Zorro!

I love Zorro. I started recorded as many episodes of Zorro as a could I have at least 40 or 50 episodes on tape some in Black and White but most of them are colorized. Now I love black and white films a stuff and really don't care for colorizing. However the costumes are so color that I feel like I'm missing something.

Zorro only lasted two years on ABC. Walt was planing to start shooting it in color but ABC didn't want to so Walt ended the show and moved all his other shows to NBC. Who would brodcast in color. To bad Zorro couldn't be move NBC.

5. -Lord-Vader-

Jan 15, 2003
    You added three Zorro's that werent in the song. 8-}

So only two people no the boards like Zorro, how sad.

6. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    I used to watch it all the time! :D it was really good! :D :cool:

7. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    You added three Zorro's that werent in the song.

Those are the back up singers.

8. Tod

Tod Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 1999
    Zorro is great. I started fencing because of Zorro. I forgot who was the actor who played the Alcalde but he was just brilliant.

9. -Lord-Vader-

Jan 15, 2003
    I was about to start fencing, but the place where I was planning on learning closed down. There's no place else around where I live that teaches it. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.