main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Zorro

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by G-Unit, Aug 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnMoore

JohnMoore Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 5, 2004
    Ephisus is right I think. Classics should remain classics. The one exception is Batman Beyond, where they're both just as cheesy as anything could be I suppose.

2. Ephisus

Ephisus Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    A better Idea would be to do something that has clear parrallels but isn't directly connected,...

3. doggans

doggans Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 31, 2002
    Isn't that what Bob Kane did when he created Batman?

4. G-Unit

G-Unit Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2004
    I like what buliwith has to say. Someone should try to resurrect the Fox. Besides Mask of Zorro was a qualtity film for those who are not of the old zorro age. He is the classy type of hero with a sense of humor unlike Bats and is sweet with a sword, and does not rely on technology to fight the good fight.

5. Ephisus

Ephisus Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    Batman and Zorro, have a couple key differences.

Batman has this whole life long- tormented revenge shtick,....

Zorro's really much more of a Hopeless Romantic with a Sword.

Where Batman is a conflicted Vigilante, Zorro is a daring hope for the people.

Batman really doesn't have any sort of female involved either, whereas the key female role is rather exemplary of the people he protects to Zorro.

However, Zorro does frequently call upon science to assist him in his endevours... something completely lost in that hogwash movie from amblin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.