main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Z's Drabbles (Mara, Leia, Jaina, Alema, Ackbar, Lusa so far)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Zonoma, Jul 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    mmmm, half my fault eh? :p I think I can live with that! [:D]

2. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    jacky ~ Thank you! I know what a Mara fan you are, so coming from you that is quite a compliment!

KELIA ~ Thank you!

Jedi-2B ~ [face_thinking]I don't know if it was harder of her than Luke. After all, being forced to look in the mirror and examine the poor choices we've made and the arrogance that inspired them is never an easy thing. I just believe that Mara took no pleasure in it. Not even a little.

I also have to wonder if she thought she might be able to hide behind her training while she took Luke down a peg or two. It is my belief that, ultimately, she could not.

princess ~ So good to have you back! I like that image, too. The important question is Where is your Drabble Thread?:-B

Kes ~ I hope so, I'd like to see you hang around a bit longer. And, truly, this is more YOUR fault that J_L's. She started it, but you talked me into it![face_frustrated]:p

3. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    **PRINCESS LEIA**
    [image=http://members.lycos.co.uk/studiosifer/swfan/p-princessleia.jpg]
    Artwork provided by Your_Worshipfulness

6 ~ Hours

Luke sat watching her for hours, hair glowing in the firelight. Her smile was serene and she was happy for the first time, he thought, in a long time.

His friend, his love, his? sister.

He shook his head ruefully, wondering how he had ever missed the truth of that.

He stood. While he hated to upset her peace, the hour was fast approaching when he would leave. She must know that he was not their last hope. There was another.

He was aware that it would ruin her night, at the very least.

?Luke, what is it? What?s wrong??

7 ~ Days

You will tell me where your Rebel friends are hiding, Senator.

Gasping, Leia awoke once more to her living nightmare. These dreams were Vader?s doing, she knew that on some level. In each and every one she betrayed her friends, her family, her father. She told Vader what he wanted to know and then she felt peace, knowing she had done the right thing.

Days. She had been in this cell for days, and the dreams had not stopped. She clung to this as proof that she was still staying strong. She was not dooming thousands to death and disgrace.

8 ~ Weeks

The battle of Yavin was over. She stayed strong when she needed to be strong and ignored her pain until she could ignore it no longer. That was weeks ago.

She wanted to tell her father about the victory over the monster in the Death Star. She wanted to go home to her friends, but she had no home to retreat to. No home to walk through and grieve the man who raised her.

He died weeks ago, and she was only now allowed to mourn him. It made her guilty beyond words. He deserved more than her leftover time.

9 ~ Months

Oftentimes, in the midst of the post-Empire economy and government building, she found herself confronted by yet another of the Empire?s atrocities, carefully hidden under mountains of bureaucratic tripe. Most of the time it was Vader?s name attached to the worst of the crimes.

It was months after the destruction of the second Death Star and Luke?s revelation about Vader, and still she could not bring herself to acknowledge him as a relation, even to herself. Every time she tried, she remembered Alderaan and his ministrations in her cell.

It angered her beyond words that Luke could forgive that creature.

10 ~ Years

?Breathe.?

?Shut up, Han.?

?Hey, you are the one who insisted on learning Jedi pain mumbo jumbo for this, not me. I offered you drugs.?

Her low growl became a groan and the droid instructed another push. And another. And then, after much fuss, they placed him on her heaving chest. Trembling, she caressed the fuzz on his head and reached out to him with the Force to calm his fear. He never uttered a cry. Recognizing his mother?s Force signature, he peeked at her sleepily with brilliant blue eyes.

Through her tears, she managed a hoarse whisper, ?Hello, Anakin.?

4. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    Those were great, but I think I enjoyed the last one the most, especially the Han/Leia relationship there...and the comment about Jedi pain mumbo-jumbo.

Great job!

5. TelannaTani

TelannaTani Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2005
    second!

Edit: Ok, here?s a bit more?I was wondering when you were going to update this. :p

I loved this, Z. I love how you portrayed here, all the way through. I especially liked the line in beginnings ? ?His friend. His Love. His ? sister?? Yeah, we all knew there was something wrong with that situation. :giggle:

I think the birthing scene was my fave (wonder why). I want the Force, too! Oh well, I?ll have to settle for drugs. :D

Great job, Z!!

6. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    Very interesting? great look at how Leia goes from hating her father to naming her son after him.

:)

KT

7. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    The important question is Where is your Drabble Thread?
    It's coming, it's coming. I was in the middle of writing when I saw you posted more and just had to read them first [face_batting]

If it was possible, I liked these better than the first set. The H/L interaction was just perfect and the last one was my absolute favorite! Wonderful job now stop distracting me so I can get mine written :p

8. Rogue_Pilot_2347

Rogue_Pilot_2347 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    Those are all awesome! I especially liked the first one for Mara. The reference to fire and dragons was great! Can't wait to see more!

9. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    the last Leia one was really beautiful..... and heartwrenching considering........

10. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    The last one is definitely my favorite, but that could be because my writing is stuck in a family rut. Please don't take that as a slight against your wonderful work, it's me having issues with myself.

Anyway, lovely as always. Looking forward to what you have up your sleeve next week.

11. Evil_Charity

Evil_Charity Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2006
    *claps*

I loved both the first and second set of drabbles. The last one for Leia's was especially good. [face_love]

Now I have to write mine, and I have no idea where to start...:p

E[face_good_luck]C

12. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    Just gorgeous Z - I loved the last one! [:D]

13. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Great Leia insights! Bravo! =D=

14. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Well it seems I'm now two days late and two dollars short in my replies. Go figure. :p

These were fantastic Z. This challenge was a marvy idea.

Not either a big Mara or Leia fan I truly enjoyed seeing parts of them rarely shown.

Mara does make a killer present. You gotta be worried if you're on Palpatine's christmas list. I'm just saying.

For Leia I felt so bad for her, not being able to properly mourn the man who raised her. And after she final accepts that Vader, well really Anakin, was her father, she named the baby after him. Awwww!

I just have to say though: ?Hey, you are the one who insisted on learning Jedi pain mumbo jumbo for this, not me. I offered you drugs.?

She should have taken the drugs.

15. Jessoass

Jessoass Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2005
    Oh great Job with Leia Zonoma!!!=D=

Jess :D

PS. I can't believe that there are three Jessica?s in this post [face_laugh]

16. Exeter

Exeter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    I've always liked Mara' character and you certainly do her justice here.

She knew the man was right, she could feel it.

This part was great because it shows how intelligent and perceptive she was even at a young age, in addition to being an early sign of her Force sensitivity.

Perhaps predictably, Middles was my favorite drabble. It was brilliant how you portrayed Mara as realizing the neccessity of her work but not particularly enjoying it. I also love that last point - the guy is clueless.

Of course, that might not be such a bad way to go :p

I also liked how you showed the Emperor's death from her point of view, demonstrating how close their bond had been. And of course the circuitous way you ended it that mirrored the beginning in "Beginnings" was a nice touch.

"Lasts" was a great look at the early relationship between her and Luke, especially with the naive farmboy bit.

You did a nice job with "Hours" in that I didn't realize when the timeframe was supposed to be. The reflection of Yoda's words in Luke's thoughts was good, as was Luke's decision to reveal to her the truth. Good, good, good.

I'm amazed at how similar in atmosphere and style that "Days" is to a vignette that Leah recently wrote. You two really do complement each other, whether you know it or not. That's why I was so glad to see you doing a collaboration with her.

She wanted to tell her father about the victory over the monster in the Death Star.

How ironic!

I liked the idea of Leia coming across Imperial records that reveal their complicity in various heinous atrocities. Obviously incidents like Alderaan were obvious, but how many Honoghr-type plots were instigated by the Empire and only revealed to the galaxy as a whole far later? Excellent point, Z!

"Years" was a refreshing, humorous, and heartfelt end to a great series of drabbles. I love the idea that Leia underwent a natural, unaided pregnancy. I'm with Han, though [face_laugh]

These were awesome, Z. It's really amazing how much story you managed to jam in with only 1,000 words. Great work! =D= =D=

17. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Aww, those were lovely.

You really captured Leia's character there.

Her wishing she could go home to her father and fellow Alderaanians really got me - :_| :_|

Beautiful job!

=D= =D= =D= =D=

18. WyoJedi

WyoJedi Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 7, 2005
    =D= =D=

Not much more needs to be said than that... but I'll try.

You have really captured Leia's character here Z! This was so well done, and very true to who Leia is. Impressive... most impressive.

Cheers,
    Wyo

19. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Very nice.

20. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Ah! Anakin at the end [face_love]

I have to say Weeks was my favorite though. We often forget all Leia lost...

21. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    Loved these! :D I know this has been mentioned before, but I love the way Leia goes from despising Vader in "Months" to naming her son after him in "Years". I also love "Weeks" because of the way you show the father/daughter relationship between Bail and Leia. :)

22. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Wow, Z. You have such a great understanding of Leia. She is at once passionate and stoic, defiant and vulnerable, and sad and hopeful.

She wanted to go home to her friends, but she had no home to retreat to. No home to walk through and grieve the man who raised her.

'Weeks' stood out to me. A woman that more than anything needs the comfort of home and her fathers arms, has neither, at least in the sense that he wants it.

I would like to read more fics where Leia remembers Bail or, at least, speaks of him to other in the present.

Excellent Z, as usual. =D=

23. IrishEyedJedi

IrishEyedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 24, 2005

Ok I get a sneak peek at these so you already know what I think, but I thought I'd share it with the world.

You know Leia is my girl and any one who can capture her brings a smile to my face. Great Job!

24. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    Kidan ~ Thank you, Kidan!

Voz ~ Thank you! I?m wondering when you will start your drabbles! And? take my word for it, drugs are handy things in that situation!

KT ~ [face_blush]Thanks.

princess ~ Better than the first set, huh? [face_thinking] I think I am biased about the first set since they were my, well, first (funny how that works) so I?ll have to take your word for it.

Rogue_Pilot_2347 ~ :eek: You! You read my stuff! [does quick happy dance] Thanks for reading, Steph!

Jedi_Liz ~ I liked the last one the best as well, I just loved that Leia?s journey to forgiveness was so much more human than her brother?s.

Sara ~ Family rut? RUT? I like your family centric stories. They do the soul good. And thank you for reading.

Evil ~ I think that seems to be the popular one this week. And, having read yours, I know you did a fab job. Now I just need to leave comments on the threads! [face_blush] Shame on me. I know.

Kes ~ Thanks, Kes! [face_hug]

Jade_Pilot ~ Thank you for taking the time to say you enjoyed them! So many, many new faces with this challenge! How exciting.

Lola ~
    [face_laugh][face_laugh]You?ll get no arguments from me! And don?t worry, we both know that I?ll have to do some Kyp eventually, too. I just want to mess with characters that I don?t generally for a little bit.

Jess ~ Thanks, lady! Let?s see? you, me, Voz, and ?anyone else here a Jessica? :looks around curiously: Well, at least three anyway.

Exeter ~ What an unexpected and welcome treat!
    Leave it to you?. [face_laugh]

I?m actually really glad you picked up on the similarities in this with IrishEyedJedi?s My Immortal because it is a huge nod to her. She claims not to see it, but it is.:p Thank you for coming up here to the Beyond world and reading!

KELIA ~ Yeah, it was not fun to write, either. :(

Wyo ~ Thank you, sir. Thank you very much.[face_blush]

SilSolo ~ ;)

TKL ~ Hey! Another complete surprise visitor! Thank you for stopping by! You know, I do tend to forget that Leia lost, too, but Irish (big H/L shipper that she is) has begun to hammer that into my head while I beta for her. I?m beginning to see a whole new Leia these days.

j_o_e ~ You know, the relationship between a parent and child has got be one of the most complex ones that the human race knows. I know that the others are more fun to read and write, generally, but I really enjoyed examining what it meant to Leia throughout different times in her life.

brodiew ~ More memories of Bail? Actually just you mentioning that started some bunnies nibbling. I?ll see what I can come up with and thank you so much for reading!

Leah ~ You poor thing, you have sneak peeks at all my stuff! Someday I?ll be able to restrain myself so that you will actually be surprised reading what I post! Thanks for coming by, though. It?s always good to have a nod from you concerning Leia.

25. jaina_clan_solo

jaina_clan_solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Another great set of drabbles!

I love the way you show the differences in Leia's thoughts on her two fathers. The guilt over being unable to mourn-- and the anger at the injustices Vader caused.

And finally the acceptance, and naming her son after him!

=D=

jcs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.