main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Zsinjis Power Grab

Discussion in 'Literature' started by ADMIRALSPUZZUM, Aug 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ADMIRALSPUZZUM

ADMIRALSPUZZUM Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2002
    How much of the GFFA did Zsinji acutally control? They never clearly say, and it seems to me that he had a piddly little fleet, even though he had a SSD.

2. Thief

Thief Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 29, 2001
    Actually, the RESB says that Zsinj controlled a third of the galaxy. In CoPL, Han comments that it could be up to ten years before the Republic fights its way to Dathomir. Both the Republic and the Empire were very interested in eliminating Zsinj, and annexing his territory.

The fleet that we see in the Wraith Squadron series is far too small to be Zsinj's full forces. The fleet we see is most probably Zsinj's personal fleet, rather like the Death Squadron we see in The Empire Strikes Back is Vader's personal fleet. A roving command without specific assignment.

3. ADMIRALSPUZZUM

Feb 13, 2002
    ah. I never really got a sense of scale when they were talking about everything Zsinji controlled. It sure went pretty quick after they got him though...

4. Thief

Thief Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 29, 2001
    Well, that's what happens when you have Teradoc, Ackbar, and Rogriss trying their best to smash each other to very small nonworking parts, and take Zsinj's territory. There were probably a lot of other small warlords trying to take part of what was left, too.

5. ADMIRALSPUZZUM

Feb 13, 2002
    AH! I remember what I was originally going to post instead of this! What is the Pentastar Alignment?

6. darthjarjarbinks

darthjarjarbinks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 3, 2000
    Wow- a third of the galaxy? I had no idea that Zsinj was so powerful. I hadn't read CopL for AGES by the time I'd started on the Wraith Squadron novels, and I had actually forgotten that Zsinj was in CopL and also forgot all the relevant statistics.

I always got the impression that Zsinj owed his power to the Iron Fist and luck, without too many sectors or even systems under his belt.

That assumption seems a little foolish when I think about all the facilities he had around the galaxy. Oh well.

Good for Zsinj!

7. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    Quick question about the Iron Fist. Okay, Han supposedly calls Zsinj to brag about destroying the ship. So how come it shows up later in CoPL? I mean, I thought it was destroyed at Selaggis?
    Or was it just crippled?

8. ADMIRALSPUZZUM

Feb 13, 2002
    I thought he built a new one out of Razors Kiss... I'm not sure though.

9. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Zsnji used the remain's of Razor's Kiss to make it appear as if Iron Fist was destroyed. Han thought his fleet had destoryed the SSD, but in reality it had jumped to hyperspace and the cobbled togheter ship, with Iron Fist painted on the prow to help create the illusion, was destroyed via self-destruct charges to make Han think he'd finally defeated Zsnji.

10. Wes

Wes Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2000
    After the loss of Razor's Kiss Zsinj realised that the Solo's fleet was getting very close to getting him, so he got the remains of the Razor's Kiss and built a ship that had a similiar bow to the Iron Fist.

Zsinj had to know that Solo was getting intel on him from very good sources and that it would be Solo coming to trap him instead of him trapping Solo. He also knew that Solo would never stop coming after him as long as Solo and the NR still thought he had the Iron Fist.

So at the battle of Selaggis when Solo managed to jump Zsinj's fleet for the second time that day and isolate the Iron Fist, Zsinj called for the Razor's Kiss, which I think he renamed, to jump in close to a point where the Iron Fist would jump out. The Razor's Kiss was hidden by shadowcloak sats so the NR never saw it. The Iron Fist entered the shadowcloak and jumped out, Zsinj remained behind in a shuttle and set off explosives in the Razor's Kiss. The Shadowcloak system was destroyed and the NR witnessed what they thought was the destruction of the Iron Fist.

The Iron Fist went to Dathomir for repairs, where Solo again managed to get the jump on Zsinj, killing him and the Iron Fist for good.

11. ADMIRALSPUZZUM

Feb 13, 2002
    So does anyone know anything about the Pentastar Alignment? All i know about it is some stuff I read in Tales from the Empire.

12. ADMIRALSPUZZUM

Feb 13, 2002
    Please someone! I must know! Read the above post!

13. Nichos_Marr

Nichos_Marr Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    Have you read X-wing 8: Isard's Revenge? It includes the Pentastar Alignment in the story.

The Alingment is just basically a government formed by a couple of rogue Imperials. They're not the New Republic or the Empire, though they probably would ally themselves with the Empire.

14. ADMIRALSPUZZUM

Feb 13, 2002
    Ah. I HAVE read Isard Revenge, and enjoyed it alot. I guess I wasn't paying enough attention though.

15. DarthKarde

DarthKarde Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Solo Command - P38

"his fleet was huge. Something like 20 capital ships. More than we though he could field. Our inteligence hasn't kept up with him"

There is no way that Zinsj controlled a third of the galaxy with 20 capital ships.

16. darthparth

darthparth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 10, 2001
    he had more than that many ships, but its not easy to field that many capital ships plus their support ships and fighters in one battle. I doubt 20 ships was anything but his personal fleet. many times that number would be needed to defend all of his territory.

17. ADMIRALSPUZZUM

Feb 13, 2002
    Seems to me that he ran everything a bit haphazardly, I can't see him giving public adresses or anything... I wonder who looked after the politics of his 1/3 of the GFFA. Local governments perhaps?

18. Roa

Roa Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2002
    Nichos_Marr: "Have you read X-wing 8: Isard's Revenge? It includes the Pentastar Alignment in the story."

Did it? I thought it was the the Circiut (or however you spell it) Hegemony. I haven't read that book in a long time.

To answer your question ADMIRALSPUZZUM, the Pentastar Alignment is the territory rule over by the warlord Grand Moff Ardus Kaine. Kaine, who took over for Tarkin, dumped the Empire after Palpatine died and setup his own little kingdom. Kaine later joined the clone Emperor, but was killed during operation Shadow Hand. His territory was later absorbed into the new Empire that Admiral Pellaeon built.

19. Nichos_Marr

Oct 26, 2001
    Did it? I thought it was the the Circiut (or however you spell it) Hegemony. I haven't read that book in a long time.

My mistake then. I really thought it did, but you're right about the Ciutric (sp?) Hegemony. I just finished reading Adventure Journal 4 the other day and it had numerous mentions to the Pentastar Alignment. I have heard of it before, so I confused the Hegemony with the Alignment. I think I got Krennel mixed up with Kaine too.

Now I'm not sure where I heard the Alignment before. I think it might have been in Planet of Twilight.

20. Roa

Roa Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2002
    Well Nichos, I remember that they talk about it in Tales from the Empire, in that Blaze of Glory story. Also the Essential Chronology has some info about the Alignment. Those are the only sources I can think of.

21. Nichos_Marr

Oct 26, 2001
    It's mentioned in Adventure Journal #4 in the story "It's a Gambler's Life" by Anthony P. Russo.

Beside that and the sources that you listed, that's all I can think of. Maybe I just read it in the Chronology.

22. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Ummmm... if your interested in the Pentastar Alignment, you may want to check out the Star Wars Adventure Journal #3 article...

..."the Pentastar Alignment" by Anthony Russo.

It talks about it... just a little bit. ;) :D
    It's got everything you'd ever want to know. Failing that, the article was reprinted in West End Games' "Best of the Star Wars Adventure Journal 1-4."

23. Nichos_Marr

Oct 26, 2001
    These adventure journals are harder to track down then the Holy Grail.

They'd be near impossible to track down without Ebay.

24. ADMIRALSPUZZUM

Feb 13, 2002
    Thanks for the info folks.

25. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    Didn't he hold a lot of control through his economic ventures, rather than direct military control?

Thanks, btw!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.