main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Zuckuss, -a bounty hunter novel.

Discussion in 'Literature' started by javelin1970, Mar 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. javelin1970

javelin1970 Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2004
    Does anyone know how to contact EU authors so I can make a "Book Request" for them?I've been trying to locate K.W.Jeter's E-mail address(he's the Author who wrote the bounty hunter war books)and so far I can't find it. I enjoy reading Star Wars novels as much as the next Star Wars fan but get highly exited reading
    about my favorite character,-"Zuckuss".I've read the "Tales of the Bounty Hunter's" novel and there was a chapter on Zuckuss and 4-lom.In the "Bounty Hunter Wars" trilogy novel he is a minor character; -Boba Fett and Bossk are the Major characters.I enjoyed reading their stories as well but just for once I'd like to read about Zuckuss and 4-lom as Main characters in their own novel.If I were a successful writer,I wouldn't be posting here,I'd be writing the
    book as I speak.Boba Fett is a Great character but there is way too much literature written about him.It's been Overdone-and the fans have enough reading matierial to keep them satisfied.As for my original Question,does anyone know how to contact an Author?Any help would be great.
    Also,if someone in the forum ever decides to write a book about Zuckuss and 4-lom let me know,I'd love to read it.You can E-mail me at the following address.

goodmorningsunshine@lds.net

2. darthjarjarbinks

darthjarjarbinks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 3, 2000
    An author can't simply elect to write a star wars novel and have it published. they have to be approached by the publisher. So any novel written upon your request would simply be fan-fic- and I can't see professional author's wanting to write gratis.

And in any case, for the love of god leave KW Jeter out of this! he butchered every single character he touched in those novels, and Zuckuss most of all!! not to mention, bossk, boba fett etc etc etc

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    They are great characters- it's a shame their character arc was kinda killed off (the result of Bounty Hunter Wars or Shadows of the Empire? I forget) with 4-LOM having to get a memory wipe and them parting ways afterwards...not to mention Zuckuss having to be described as schizophrenic to explain Jeter's use of Zuckuss's dialogue.

And, since very little time transpires between "Of Possible Futures" and SOTE and BHW...there's sadly little room for novel about them (unless it is set pre-OPF...which does hold some interesting possibilities).

Here's hoping a backup of 4-LOM's memory is one day found [face_batting]

4. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    And in any case, for the love of god leave KW Jeter out of this! he butchered every single character he touched in those novels, and Zuckuss most of all!! not to mention, bossk, boba fett etc etc etc

I disagree. Most came across much as they did in Tales of the Bounty Hunters. Some came across more as younger versions of themselves. Of course you have to keep in mind whose telling the stories and the spins he'd put on the others' characters.

5. darthjarjarbinks

Jan 3, 2000
    I respect that opinion, but you don't think that Zuckuss was portrayed in a manner so inconsistant with previous materials that a 'schitzophrenia-fix' was necessary is a bit much? Zuckuss was portrayed as incredibly weak and frightened, Bossk was portrayed as an absolute fool. This is in stark contrast to how they were portrayed at times set both after and before the BHW novels. And, IMHO, they are character differences which cannot be accounted for simply by experience or personal development. And the schitzo-fix is just a complete cop out.

6. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Zuckuss, as I recall, was portrayed as completely knew to the buisness.

7. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Feed me garlic and call me Fabio, I still can't work out how such books became . . . published books.

8. Esplin9466

Esplin9466 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 27, 2002
    How many stories have these guys been in, anyway? TESB, TotBH, SotE, TBHW... I know it's more than that, but not much more. We need more Zuckuss and 4-LOM stories! :_| I'm sure my esteemed colleague Rogue_Ten would agree. :p

9. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    Indeed, my dear Esplin. Indeed. :)

I thought about waiting to respond to this thread until people started saying "*Waiting for RT*" or "OMG! Wheres r0Uge10?! hes ga/\/d gu/^u!!" or "Gee, I wish Rogue Ten was here to give his opinion...", as usually happens in a thread of this nature. ;)

It always makes me feel needed. :p

10. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002
    Look, even ducks need to contribute to the business of duck season. It's the ancient duality: duck and dinner. Gands will always have their place in our hearts . . . and later, stomachs. :cool:

11. jedimasterkipdurron

jedimasterkipdurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2003
    I wouldn't mind a Zuckuss stand alone book, written by perhaps, Michael A. Stackpole?

12. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    *Shakes head*

Excellence... You're odd. :p

13. darthjarjarbinks

Jan 3, 2000
    OMG! Wheres r0Uge10?! hes ga/\/d gu/^u!!

EDIT: woah, he's already here!

14. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    [face_laugh]

*sniffle*I love you guys... :p

15. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    And...uh... I killed the thread. :(

16. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    It's dead, Jim.

17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    You should have known that was a possible future when you posted... ;;D

18. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002
    We all need a Gandful of you each day, Rogue Ten. We're addicts.

19. LordJoda-181

LordJoda-181 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2004
    Jeter was murder to the beloved insectoid, (and everyone else), But you have to give him credit, The assembler was cool.

20. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    You can't make book requests.

21. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    Why are you replying to a thread thats well over a month old?

22. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Because i feel strongly on the issue.

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Oh no! JT has been possessed by the banned spirit of Bib! [face_batting]

24. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Muwahahahahaha!