1. The NEW boards are up and running!
    Boards.TheForce.net

POSTING ON THIS BOARD HAS BEEN DISABLED

Lit 138 ABY and Beyond: The Essential Post-Legacy Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Expanded Universe' started by AdmiralNick22, Mar 28, 2012.

1. AdmiralNick22 Jedi Grand Master

I have been thinking lately about what elements would be essential to a post-Legacy series set within a 5-10 year period following the final issue of WAR. While we don't know if Dark Horse Comics or Del Rey have any plans for this, what are the characters, groups, situation, loose ends, and other unknowns that would be essential to you for a new series. Is it the continuing adventures of Cade Skywalker? The post-Sith galactic governmental structure? The hidden remnants of the One Sith?

For me, I would personally like to see the following things explored and expanded on:

1. The exact nature & set-up of the new Galactic Federation Triumvirate. Is it the Galactic Alliance restored or something entirely new?
    2. Shado Vao, Tobias Sun, Aasak Dan, and the other surviving Jedi's efforts to rebuild the order.
    3. The restoration of Mon Calamari's ecosystem and the return of the Mon Cals and Quarren to the world.
    4. The Yuuzhan Vong aiding the galaxy to repair the damages caused by the One Sith.
    5. Anything with Gar Stazi. :D
    6. The Hapans and their connection to the Imperial Family.
    What are all of your essentials? Discuss!

--Adm. Nick
    manisphere likes this.
  2. manisphere Jedi Master

First thing that comes to mind is Hondo Karr and the Mandalorians. There is still a story there to tell.
  3. Todd the Jedi Jedi Grand Master

Yes, definitely some potential with the Mandalorians. Also I would like to know if Cade ends up being the last Skywalker, or if he and Deliah create the first half-Zeltron members of the Skywalker dynasty.

I think the Ossus Project could start up again, especially to help out Dac, though I wonder just when the remaining Sith would emerge, or to what extent they manipulate certain events.
  4. Plaristes Jedi Knight

Mandos. Darth Glovoc.
  5. JackG Jedi Grand Master

Ah, I forgot about Asaak Dan. I liked that character, it's a pity they had a surplus for The Hidden Temple arc and he didn't as appear.
    In my mind the Galactic Federation Triumvirate is the old GA, the Galactic Empire and the Jedi Order. I want to see the Sith finally extinguished. I want an end.I Don't want the EU to continue to make stories beyond the destruction of the last of One Sith just for the sake of it. The Jedi don't need to be purged for a forth time, for instance. I don't want SW to become the Never Ending Story. I just want galactic peace for once.

I know I'm rambling a lot, but I just feel strongly a bout this. Legacy was fine and good but lets have a short series which eradicates One Sith's remnants and then lets just fill in the gaps between 45ABY - 130ABY. Though I will agree this series gives Jaina, Allana, Jag, Ben and Tenel Ka direction (something I feel they lack)

Bring on the deaths of the Big Three!
    [face_waiting]
  6. Gorefiend Jedi Grand Master

Blue, Syn and the Skulls really need more stuff on them. :) Whatever happened to Rav would also be nice to know.
  7. Ghost Jedi Grand Master

I created a whole thread on this in the old boards, but it's too late tonight to remember most of it. :p

But I do remember I split the loose-ends into two categories: State of the Galaxy, and Characters

A) Characters
    * does Cade make up with his Aunt Droo and cousins
    * does Cade make up with Azlyn
    * will Cade take up an apprentice, and maybe pass on his lightside healing technique
    * is Azlyn ever healed
    * what was the relationship between Kol and the Vong lady
    * Nihl's backstory
    * Vao twins' backstory
    * Deliah's backstory
    * Rav's fate
    * is "Nyna Calixte" dead for good, and what will Morrigan do now
    * what was Hogrum Chalk's motivation for betraying Roan, how was he injured, and why does he know the Jedi so well
    * why did Eshkar Niin kill the Empress
    * someone needs to catch Maladi, since she can apparently create Omega Red and who knows what else from scratch in a prison cell
    * where is Threepio

B) State of the Galaxy
    * what exactly is the Galactic Federation Triumvirate, and how do the Hutts/Chiss/Hapans/Mandos fit into this
    * will the Yuuzhan Vong be redeemed
    * will Dac and the other poisoned worlds be healed
    * will the sabotaged Ossus Project worlds be healed
    * could the Vong, the Jedi, the Imperial Mission, and perhaps Cade (with his healing techniques, and to fulfill his father Kol's dream) work together to heal the above worlds

I know I'm forgetting some stuff, but that would be a good start :D
  8. Skywalker__Solo Jedi Knight

I like the bit about Threepio - but also, where is Artoo?
  9. mistrx Jedi Master

While I'd like to see what Nihl and company are up to, that's clearly not essential.

Seeing the Galactic Federation setup would be. Funny enough, it seems more like the original GA, which IIRC actually had the Empire's participations.

Gotta see what the last Skywalker is up to.

It would be nice to see where the Jedi are at with the One Sith out of the picture.

Only because it was a cliffhanger in Legacy, I think we'd need to see how Hondo's plot against Mandalore is going.

I'm actually interested in seeing if the Ossus Project is restored. Dac can wait if Ithor's being restored first.

I'd also like to see if Zenoma Sekot returns to known space now that peace has reigned again.
  10. DarthZeal Jedi Master

If there is a future after 138 ABY, I deeply want to see :

- Nihl as a great leader, growing in charisma and power. I really wanted to know about his life as a warlord, his predecessor, etc...
    - Saarai. She is Wyyrlok's heir, has powers which overcome Stryfe whereas she was just an apprentice. I can't wait for her to be Nihl's rival or apprentice. She could be the next Dark Lady of the Sith (yeah, fanboy thoughts)
    - We need a final battle between Draco and Darth Havok.
    - Althought it wasn't in the main story, I'll appreciate an arc story dealing with Darth Vurik and Darth Glovoc. We already had past characters such as Celeste Morne, Darth Andeddu or Karness Muur.
    - I wonder what Maladi will do now that she's all alone...
    - I could see Darth Talon setting up a cult around Darth Krayt with her as its high priestress: she was his most loyal servant afterall.
    - Marasiah wasn't so much developped in Legacy. By becoming an empress, the story should revolve around her.
    - Cade as a genuine Jedi and maybe with an apprentice and/or children of his own.
  11. Skywalker__Solo Jedi Knight

I like the cult idea with Darth Talon. She could make his ideals her own and revive the Brotherhood of the Sith.
    Marasiah becoming an Empress could cause a second rise of the Empire - perhaps Cade should go up against them and perhaps introduce two sidekicks?
    If Cade was married/a father, who would he take as a wife/lover? Remember, these seem to be pretty dark times.
  12. Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Master

I think that for a while, the post-Legacy era should be left alone. Instead, I would much rather see the Legacy timeframe itself fleshed out more. The Sith-Imperial War, Vong terraforming project, life of Kol Skywalker, and the Hapans and their relation to the Empire as stated in the OP are all things that could have entire series' devoted to them. Only after the Legacy era itself is fleshed out far more should the timeline advance (ideally in coordination with Del Rey, similar to the Clone Wars series). I don't think it's a good idea to just keep pushing further and further down the timeline when the foundation hasn't been firmly established yet.
  13. AdmiralNick22 Jedi Grand Master

I am still convinced that if Legacy had been given another year or so of issues that the Yuuzhan Vong would of been worked into a "redemption arc". Imagine how awesome it would of been to have the Yuuzhan Vong appear at the final battle over Coruscant, helping allied GA/Jedi/Fel loyalist forces reclaim Coruscant? Then, in a post-war arc, show the Vong working to restore Dac, Da Soocha, and all the other worlds ravaged by the Sith's sabotage of the Ossus Project. For me personally, this is the one missed opportunity in the series. Early on, I feel there were hints of redemption for the Vong, but as the story got bigger and time grew shorter, some stuff had to be left behind.

--Adm. Nick
  14. Crimson Zephyr Jedi Master

I actually kind of think galactic government itself should end in the post Legacy era. It seems every time there's a stable galactic government, the Sith manage to take over Coruscant and magically conquer the entire galaxy all over again. If the Galaxy were more multipolar, this wouldn't be an issue. Sure, if the Sith conquer, say, Naboo, that'd mean that one sector is under their control, but not the entire Galaxy. Have Gar Stazi become like a George Washington-figure as he actually was - an icon, but someone who makes decisions not everyone will like. Have a Corellian who is independent minded and a true champion of democracy without being a bullheaded contrarian. Have a Mandalorian who isn't either a bounty hunter or a blood knight. And make these Sith poor schemers. These new Sith are not subtle people (just look at them!). The narrative should reflect that. And most of all, show functional democracy at work. Don't make every protagonist a military figure or a monarch and every antagonist a slimy elected official.
  15. Tzizvvt78 Jedi Master

A five-issue analysis of the Dragon Ship, from hangars to gun batteries. :p

Seriously though, I'd almost like this to begin several centuries after the end of the comic. Some kind of descendant order of the One Sith, perhaps multiple sects attempting at galactic or even intergalactic domination. The seeds of these efforts being sowed by various Sith wanting to follow different aspects or ideas of Krayt's, perhaps remembering him differently and creating schisms.

Also, I'd like the far future to have some form of intergalactic travel beyond just the satellite galaxies. Like, it'd be difficult, but they could use intergalactic transportation similar to the Dune universe (goodness knows SW has drunk from that well before), with "Highliner" style transports carrying entire fleets of smaller ships through the void between galaxies.
  16. AdmiralNick22 Jedi Grand Master

Moving it farther down the timeline is ok, but I wouldn't want it to be more than a generation from the current Legacy cast. That way you still have a direct connection to the series and can have old characters still pop in from time to time.

--Adm. Nick
  17. Jedi Ben Jedi Grand Master

I want...

Gar Stasi's Genocide of the Sith!
  18. AdmiralNick22 Jedi Grand Master

Anything with Stazi is a must. :D

--Adm. Nick
  19. Crimson Zephyr Jedi Master

If Stazi were genre savvy, he'd glass all the traditional Sith worlds - Korriban, Ziost, Thule, Dromund Kaas, all of them. It's to risky to have all those place just standing around to be focal points for new Sith movements.

On another note, I would like to see more humans in the Alliance. The implications would be unfortunate if every remotely competent human is loyal to an absolute monarchy while the sole democracy is ruled by a multispecies team of token representatives of each species and culture.

Oh, and I want to see Corellia again, but not Thrackan Sal-Solo's Space Apartheid Corellia. Let's go back to cradle of galactic democracy Corellia, Republic founding father Corellia.
  20. AdmiralNick22 Jedi Grand Master

Stazi is agressive, but I don't see him or any Galactic Alliance official ordering the complete destruction of Sith worlds. The Jedi certainly wouldn't support it. Personally, I never understood why the GA and Jedi didn't maintain orbital stations over each world to ensure that new crops of Sith didn't spring up.

--Adm. Nick