1. The NEW boards are up and running!
    Boards.TheForce.net

POSTING ON THIS BOARD HAS BEEN DISABLED

NorthEast 2012 Costuming Thread

Discussion in 'FanForce' started by RingoStarrkiller, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Darth erebus Jedi Master

i just happened to be playing FU2, mainly to look at the sith stalker armor but i did take a look at the one you posted as well. there seems to be more armor on his chest than it appears. in the picture it looks just like a closed tunic but in the game it looks like lightweight armor chest piece.

It still wouldnt be that hard to make. the armor itself is all pretty basic armor.

I think i may (eventually) turn my existing sith costume into the dark apprentice costume in FU2. but thatd be after the stalker is done and if I dont decide to do something else after that lol.
  2. RingoStarrkiller Jedi Knight

Yeah, it shouldn't be that bad. I won't worry about it for another couple of months. Right now I've been planning and figuring out how to do an authentic Amazing Spider-Man suit, without a print, since its near impossible to get one these days.
  3. Darth erebus Jedi Master

check out therpf.com a lot of amazing work there and i came across a few really awesome spider man suits. I plan to do a spider man noir costume somewhere down the line. i gotta start making a list....
  4. Rogue1138 Jedi Knight

Just got in my new Baretta 9mm airfost, gun belt, and drop holster for my Stargate costume from Stitch, should spruce it up even more now for SFX!
  5. RingoStarrkiller Jedi Knight

I've been trying to do a TASM Spidey for months, it's damn impossible to find someone to make a print, they're all swamped [face_worried]
  6. Darth erebus Jedi Master

Yeahh, best thing to do is jsut get on someones wait list. at least its a small step closer. and if you find someone in the meantime all the better.
  7. RingoStarrkiller Jedi Knight

Was wondering if any of you guys had a full-sized mannequin. I'd need to borrow it to use puff pain on a spidey suit. Odd request, I know, but if anyone can help out, that'd be great
  8. Darth erebus Jedi Master

you shold check out the flea market for them. i know they usually have them for sale there.
  9. HipsterJedi34 Jedi Knight

At the con i found this awesome Jedi Cerean Robe from MuseumReplicas at their booth. It's part of their new Become Your Own Jedi collection. I believe Ki Adi Mundi dons it in the movies. 170 isnt terrible, I'll just save some paychecks :D
  10. JDuffPhoto Jedi Knight

That's the robe that I'm planning on making for my Sentinel outfit. I don't want to shell out 170 yuck yucks on it, so instead, I'll work with Janice on it. Planning on this for early next year *crossing fingers*...
    HipsterJedi34 likes this.
  11. HipsterJedi34 Jedi Knight

Yeah my Jedi costume got me through a couple years but I think it's time for some new threads. Also, if anyone knows where I can get good boots (not costuming boots for 35 bucks) for under 100, could you send me a link sometime? I'm having trouble finding decent ones in my lackadaisical searches.
  12. MrLevitan Jedi Knight

I have something in the works that will add some different armor to my collection.

This is my checklist for the next twelve months:

1 - Start and finish Wuhur...... It's been 7 years since Chris said that I would be perfect for that costume and now it will come to fruition.
    2 - Create armor for Tarfull......I will probably need Bryan and Steve Lu's assistance for this eventually.
    3 - An overhaul for "The Shape", may include new head sculpt as well as legs and arms. Who knows
    4 - Fix Snowy - May include buying a new kit and retiring Snowy V1
    5 - Kit Fisto - A pipe dream at this time. I've wanted to do this for a long time and with Steve Lu finishing up Plo, it's time to make it happen.
    6 - After much discussion at home, I may and I stress this as a may begin the construction of L2-BD my droid. I spent a lot of time with the R2 builders at CVI. I like the new controller setup that some of the guys have.
    7 - Malgus.........this is probably the closest thing on this list. Long story but this could happen sooner than later.
  13. RingoStarrkiller Jedi Knight

I'm looking to either fix up or do another Starkiller costume, depending on the allegiance of the character in the coming up show. We'll see. Also working on a 'The Amazing Spider-Man' suit, for Buffalo Comic Con, I'll be doing Peter Parker, if I can. Now I gotta get Bryan to do Doctor Connors with me.:)
  14. JDuffPhoto Jedi Knight

A NEW DROID!!!!! WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!
  15. MrLevitan Jedi Knight

It was the consensus of many of the R2 builders that I could build a droid on the cheap side for now and later upgrade certain parts as needed.
    So, I now have to do my research and start the project. Thankfully I know a guy...........lol
  16. WookieeJedi Jedi Knight

After talking with few mando mercs at Celebration VI. Ready to start my mando....we only need 5 to have a clan....any others more then welcome lol
  17. Darth erebus Jedi Master

ill do a mando! more specifically i was thinking about eventually doing a demagol :p

but here is a pic is a boba fett helmet i am making for someone.

[IMG]

i do have the files for all armor pieces, jetpack, and some weapons.

here is a link to a lot of great pepakura files if anyone wants to give it a go! or if you need assisstance let me know! :)

http://www.therpf.com/f24/fierfeks-star-wars-pepakura-file-development-122071/
  18. JDuffPhoto Jedi Knight

What material are you using for the helmet?
  19. Darth erebus Jedi Master

Starting out with 110 weight cardstock cut out with an exacto blade. Hot glue together. Next I will do several coat of fiberglass resin inside and out. Then add fiberglass mat. Then Bondo.
  20. Darth erebus Jedi Master

super simple explanation sorry, i out and about early sent from my phone heh. but all and all thats pretty much it along with some sanding here and there. if you want to give it a go walmart has small cans of the resin and bondo as well as packs of the fiberglass mat. all together in the auto section