1. The NEW boards are up and running!
    Boards.TheForce.net

POSTING ON THIS BOARD HAS BEEN DISABLED

MOD ANNOUNCEMENT FOR EUC AND LIT -- EVERYONE LOOK AT THIS: Thread prefixes, mergers, and the new boards

Discussion in 'Expanded Universe' started by Havac, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Rogue_Follower Lit Moderator

It'll be merged into Lit once we move. A lot of people don't know about it. Few people use it. There's no good reason to keep it separate from Lit at this point.
  2. Barriss_Coffee Retired Sith Lord

This way we can venerate authors we love and razz out authors we hateout in the open and not in a secluded area anymore!
  3. DerekJReda Jedi Youngling

4. Todd the Jedi Jedi Grand Master

Sounds good to me. There were only a few non-locked threads right before the Move, and the only authors/artists that still posted there were John Ostrander, Jan Duursema and Matt Stover, IIRC, and only usually when someone asked them a question.
  5. Jedifirefly5 Jedi Master

Is there really a new board coming. Just wondering. I am kinda not pleased with losing all my posts.... 300....
  6. JediMatteus Jedi Master

yeah alos wondering if we are losing what we gained here. not that it is that important.
  7. Rogue_Follower Lit Moderator

When the new boards finally arrive (lol), these temp boards will be locked. You will still be able to read the posts, but you may not have access to your temp username. So if you have any important PMs here, you might want to back them up.

Your username on the new boards will be the same as the one on the old boards, not your current (temp) username. Unless you decide to reregister with a new username.
  8. RC-1991 Jedi Master

Will there be custom avatars on the new boards?

And can we please use Otter Love as the inaugural banner?
  9. CooperTFN Jedi Grand Master

It's the same system as this board - anything you can do here you can do there.
  10. AdmiralNick22 Jedi Grand Master

Will our icons from the old boards transfer over?

--Adm. Nick
  11. Darth McClain Community Manager

No, they will not. You'll have to change it manually.
  12. Todd the Jedi Jedi Grand Master

Will we still be able to access the collection of icons that were on the old board? The (mostly) SW ones, I mean.
  13. Barriss_Coffee Retired Sith Lord

I don't believe so, but @NYCitygurl was thinking about bringing back icon creators last time I heard.
  14. NYCitygurl SFFBC, C&G, NSWFF and Icons Manager

Thanks for the tag, Barriss!

The deal with icons: Everything that's allowed here (custom icons, bigger size, anything you want) will apply on the old boards. The old icons gallery is not automatically transferred because Xenforo doesn't have the gallery built in. I'd like to get a gallery of the old ones up, but they'll be too small; my plan is to enlist people who are willing to redo the icons and make them bigger. I'd also like to set a gallery where people who want to share their icons can load them for people who might want to use them (though most people don't seem to have trouble finding and uploading images).
  15. AdmiralNick22 Jedi Grand Master

Thanks for the info. That means I will have manually create my old Ackbar icon, which is fine. At least now I can prepare!

--Adm. Nick
  16. Grand Admiral Jello Community and Expanded Universe mod-type person

Manually create? Just use the pic of ye olde 19th century Ackbar that I took for you. :p