1. The NEW boards are up and running!
    Boards.TheForce.net

POSTING ON THIS BOARD HAS BEEN DISABLED

NorthEast Any interest in a costuming/prop making get together?

Discussion in 'FanForce' started by Darth erebus, Aug 9, 2012.

?

costuming interest inquiry

yay, costume maker 2 vote(s) 66.7%
yay, costume learnee 1 vote(s) 33.3%
ITS A TRAP! 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Darth erebus Jedi Master

As the title states just wondering if there is any interest in setting up a costume making get together so we may combine forces and make/repair/improve/ costumes and props. As such people interested in working on costumes that may need help or want to learn some new crafty skills.

If there is a good interest then we can come up with a game plan as to what we could work on.
  2. Mother_of_the_Twins Jedi Master

This is a good idea. That being said, I think maybe we might want to look a little further down the road. This month is so busy and crazy.... After everyone dedicated SO much time to getting ready for the Bisons game, and some will be doing their Pirate thing soon, maybe we should look toward the fall.
  3. Darth erebus Jedi Master

yeah i didn't mean anytime soon really, i just wanted to throw the idea out there. :)
  4. lgtsbr Jedi Knight

I made the offer to a few people but will make it public as well. If you guys want to do a belt workshop I can help facilitate that. I still have all the tools and connections to get everything we need. I just need some notice as to when you want to do it so I can make sure I have all the stuff ready.

Also, for the leather, it needs to be less humid for better results, so sometime in the fall will be best.

Please not this month, we are getting ready for the state fair and I have next to no time until after that is over
  5. Darth erebus Jedi Master

Not to worry this wont be rushed together. Just trying to gauge interest right now.
  6. Darth erebus Jedi Master

bump to keep fresh.

question what would everyone take be on making a "north ridge costume set" IE our own variation of trooper/flight suit/officer/etc. ?

just an idea i had tonight. thought it might be neat for everyone to brainstorm on this and see what we can come up with if people like it.

also if you are interested in a craft night please post here :)
  7. JDuffPhoto Jedi Knight

Always interested in being creative and making stuff. I've got some ideas going and a saber to build in the next month or so. That might be a good time to get together and maybe do a tutorial on the basics of saber building.
  8. Darth erebus Jedi Master

ohh that would be a perfect time. what is the deadline for your saber?
  9. JDuffPhoto Jedi Knight

I have to have it by the end of October, so I have some time yet.
  10. Darth erebus Jedi Master

To keep this topic alive and moving along, if you have an idea for a costume you would like to start, work on, or even tell us what your dream costume is and lets make it all a reality!

for me, i am currently working on my sith stalker costume in which i hope to have a working version of before the buffalo comiccon. I am going to try to get the hard pieces and the hanging sabers( made of pvc pipe, no electronics) done at the very least and work them into my current costume. lets see how far i can get!

so everyone please share what you want to work on so we can start planning !

september is already looking like a busy month so possibly mid to late october would be a good time to plan this get together. i know that doesnt work well for jon buildingthat one saber with us but im sure we will be doing plenty of saber building down the road :p
  11. 72Princess Jedi Knight

Dave, I would like to talk with you further about the armor for BOUSSH - at the next meeting or mutual appearance

A Sept date would be great for a costume workshop- it would help us prep for all the October appearances
  12. Darth erebus Jedi Master

well maybe the weekend of sept 7,8,9 would be a good weekend at least to get this rolling. what do you all think? if we can get together at this time even say make it a two day thing we could get a lot of costume work done, hard and soft pieces alike.

Anna, any word on that Boussh helmet you mentioned you might be getting?
  13. 72Princess Jedi Knight

Ill check wiuth Steve Lukasik when he gets back from FLORIDA - he had one we were discussing me acquiring at some point but I had to put the talks on hold.

Sept 7 we have an event, Sept 8th is prob no good for me... 9th is questionable
  14. Darth erebus Jedi Master

with the 9th questionable, is the following weekend a better time for people?
  15. JDuffPhoto Jedi Knight

schedule is filling up quickly. I need to keep a couple weeks in September free for family stuff.
  16. Darth Jelley Jedi Knight

Yeah...I have at least a half dozen costumes I would force-strangle someone to have in my closet....but again limited time/finances/talent keep me just daydreaming/salivating over them. My main costume desire is the anakin skywalker costume from ep 3....followed very quickly by an imperial naval officer uniform. (Of course stormtrooper/clonetrooper armor is the holy grail for me but like THATS happening anytime in the forseeable future) LOL
  17. WookieeJedi Jedi Knight

Im interested in doing some costuming soon
  18. JDuffPhoto Jedi Knight

I've got some things to work on too. Still working on my pilot, but I need the flight suit altered and need to pull the trigger on ordering the barrel roll pin buckle. I have webbing already for the belt and ejection straps. I could also use a gun belt... In the meantime, I could work on the stuff that I have ready to go until I can put some $$$ aside to order the parts I need.

I also need to rework my Jedi as I think it's time for an upgrade.
  19. Wild Sidewalker Jedi Knight

I definitely want to work on building a Mando costume so put me on the list of the def interested.