1. The NEW boards are up and running!
    Boards.TheForce.net

POSTING ON THIS BOARD HAS BEEN DISABLED

FanForce Community - Social Thread

Discussion in 'FanForce' started by Morgaine, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Lexi Jedi Padawan

How's everybody doing?

I only have eight working days left until my vacation begins. I can't wait!
    I only hope the weather will be nice, so I can really enjoy the summer :)
  2. Skiara Sports loving Mod dressed in yellow/green

Eight days? Then I couldn't wait as well! :D

Right now I have four days off and hoping the weather will be fine. Right now it is, but tomorrow it is supposed to rain (including thunderstorm). Summer is really sporadic and short this year. Two or three days of warm weather, then it's cold again. The temperatures are really jumping. One day it's about 15°C, the other day it almost hit 30°C. Don't know what Petrus thinks about it. :confused:
  3. Obi Anne Reg: Nov 98 manager

I don't go on vacation until the 20th of August, so I'm hoping for a late and warm August/September.
  4. Lordban Jedi Knight

Weather oes seem to have subscribed to the theory of chaos this year. Better than last July - don't know about you, but it never rained on exactly three days last July where I live :p
  5. Lexi Jedi Padawan

Now it's only seven days ;)

The weather is indeed very erratic. Yesterday, the sun was shining and I could wear just a t-shirt. So today, I left my jacket at home, and guess what? The sun is gone and I'm freezing... :oops:
  6. Lordban Jedi Knight

Figures :p

Shouldn't be mocking, odds are I'll be getting drenched at some point today... :(
  7. JarJarJedi Jedi Master

Why is it that we always end up talking about the weather? :rolleyes:

We had a Tornado Warning late Tuesday morning. When I checked the radar, it was heading right for us. But it ended up going southwest of us. Don't think it touched down or anything.

Other than that, it's been hot here, and only raining enough to get the ground slightly wet. We need an all day rain bad for the crops. (including my garden :_|)
  8. Lordban Jedi Knight

Last year was terrible for the crops here.

We don't enjoy the luxury of having tornadoes that often, though, and it's all for the best: last time there was a full-blown one in France, it triggered a full-scale revolution that still has repercussions today ;)

(It is one of the less-known causes of the French revolution: the year before, only a week before the harvest, a tornado devastated the crops in the fields surrounding Paris, causing a serious shortage of grain the following year; tempers were already running high because of hunger in the winter of 1789, and minor food-revolts preceded the full-blown insurrection. The tornado supplied the fuel for the revolution; all that was needed was a fire, and it was readily provided for ;) ).
  9. Lexi Jedi Padawan

Is that when Marie Antoinette said "Let them eat cake"?
  10. Lordban Jedi Knight

It was never actually said by Marie-Antoinette as Queen, actually :)

The sentence was attributed by Rousseau to an unnamed European princess in his "Confessions", written between 1765 and 1770 (for reference, Marie-Antoinette was born in 1755), though it is unclear whether Rousseau used the sentence as a real-life exemple or as a figurative illustration of the rift between the nobility and the commons.
  11. Twinnie Jedi Knight

Hum, the French people started being hungry in 1783 actually (when yet another Icelandic volcano caused massive trouble in Europe :p); so I doubt Marie-Antoinette actually said that sentence...

Are you guys going somewhere nice during your vacation? I'm not going anywhere, but I live quite close to the sea so I can go to the beach on my days off :)
  12. Obi Anne Reg: Nov 98 manager

I thought it was wrongly attributed to Marie Antoinette because it was said by another French queen named Marie, i.e Marie of Medici (1575-1642)
  13. Lordban Jedi Knight

We'll just ask Rousseau ;)
  14. emilsson Jedi Knight

I've also read somewhere that "let them eat cake" has been attributed to several kings and queens as a form of anti-royal propaganda.

As for holidays I'm off to Sweden in less than a month. Before that I'm going to be at home, read books and avoid the huge crowds coming here in about two weeks ;).
  15. 72Princess Jedi Knight

no vacations for us- doing some remodeling and costume upgrades that are requiring extra funds.

Buffalo NY has had some beautifully warm weather. A lot of people are complaining but being originally from Texas, I am thoroughly enjoying it!
  16. Lordban Jedi Knight

A not-vacation in Germany coming next week :)
    I'll be trudging fields around Bremen and Hamburg to assist a friend on a judiciary mission - he'll be trying whether farmers screwed up, the retailer selling the seed screwed up, the weather screwed up or any combination of all three ^^
  17. Lordban Jedi Knight

And touch-down in Hamburg. With the utmost pleasre of a rainy weather forecast for the whole of the coming week :p
    A good evening to everyone :)
  18. 72Princess Jedi Knight

Safe travels!
  19. Jedi Gunny Jedi Grand Master

A vacation sounds nice right about now.
  20. Kenobiwan Jedi Grand Master

A little late maybe, but a greeting from Bergen!