1. The NEW boards are up and running!
    Boards.TheForce.net

POSTING ON THIS BOARD HAS BEEN DISABLED

JCC I am bloated and gassy due to too much garlic...HELP!!

Discussion in 'Community' started by edener87, Jun 17, 2012.

1. edener87 Jedi Master

I am at the point where it is physically painful. I've been like this since I went to bed last night. I am supposed to be meeting with my new Assistant Principal and Department chair tomorrow and can't be farting and sharting all over the place.

HELP ME. SWEET JESUS.
  2. PiettsHat Jedi Grand Master

http://www.aboutincontinence.org/site/about-incontinence/treatment/gas/treatment

Medications to Help Gas

Many nonprescription, over-the-counter medicines are available to help reduce symptoms, including antacids with simethicone and activated charcoal. Products containing chlorophyllin copper (e.g., Nullo, Derifil) can help minimize offending odor. Digestive enzymes, such as lactase supplements, actually help digest carbohydrates and may allow people to eat foods that normally cause gas.
    Simethicone (e.g., Gas-X, Mylanta Gas, Phazyme) is a foaming agent that joins gas bubbles in the stomach so that gas is more easily belched away. However, these medicines have no effect on intestinal gas. The recommended dose is 2 to 4 tablespoons of the simethicone preparation taken 1/2 to 2 hours after meals.
    Activated charcoal tablets (e.g., Charco Caps, Charcoal Plus) may provide relief from gas in the colon. Studies have shown that when taken before and after a meal, intestinal gas is greatly reduced. The usual dose is 2 to 4 tablets taken just before eating and 1 hour after meals.
    The enzyme lactase, which aids with lactose digestion, is available in liquid and tablet form without a prescription (e.g., Dairy Ease, Lactaid). Adding a few drops of liquid lactase to milk before drinking it or chewing lactase tablets just before eating helps digest foods that contain lactose. Also, lactose-reduced milk and other products are available at many grocery stores.
    Beano, an over-the-counter digestive aid, contains the sugar-digesting enzyme that the body lacks to digest the sugar in beans and many vegetables. The enzyme comes in liquid or tablet form. Three to 10 drops, or 2-3 tablets are taken per serving just before eating to break down the gas-producing sugars. Beano has no effect on gas caused by lactose or fiber. Heat degrades the enzyme in Beano so it cannot be added to food while it is being cooked.
    Beano is made from an enzyme (alpha-galactosidase) extracted from a food-grade mold; if you are allergic to molds you may react to Beano. Those withgalactosemia (an inherited disorder characterized by the inability to metabolize galactose) should not use Beano without first consulting their physician.

http://www.ehow.com/way_5712721_home-remedies-much-gas.html

Natural Home Remedies

Drink two to four cups of herbal tea daily to aid the digestion of your food. You can buy green tea , peppermint tea, anise tea, fennel tea, spearmint tea or chamomile tea in grocery stores that sell herbal tea in bags or you can buy these herbs fresh and blanch them to create your own homemade tea. Blanching means to place the herbs into boiling water. Once the herbs have steeped, remove them and drink the tea. Sweeten your tea with pure honey if you wish. Also try blanching dried dandelion leaves, lemon verbena leaves, parsley, passion fruit and peach leaves to eliminate gas and its pain.

Give fresh ginger root a try. The digestive enzymes in ginger can help relieve intestinal gas, reports Granny Med. Mix 1 tsp. of grated ginger and 1 tsp. of lime juice with about 6 oz. of cold water. You can also add a little pure honey to the mixture to sweeten it, if desired. Drink this mixture only once or twice daily after big meals. Granny Med warns that mouth irritation, mild heartburn or diarrhea may occur if you consume excessive amounts of ginger. If you have gallstones, avoid consuming ginger.

Also: http://www.healthguidance.org/entry/11423/1/Home-Remedies-for-Gas-in-Stomach.html
  3. FiveThreeOhNine Jedi Grand Master

How the hell did you eat too much garlic? Are you allergic? Are you a vampire?

Sure it's not stress related due to the big meeting?
  4. Stargirl1977 Jedi Knight

If you can locate a Pepcid Complete or a Pepto Bismal chewable, and Gingerale may also help the tummy.
    Goodluck :(:)
  5. EmpireForever Jedi Master

ahahahhahahhaaha
  6. edener87 Jedi Master

I ate roughly 30 to 40 roasted garlic cloves...I've tried drinking gingerale but it made the sharting worse.
  7. PiettsHat Jedi Grand Master

The best way to neutralize your body after eating garlic is to eat large amounts of parsley or cilantro. Pure lemon juice in water can also effective. Basically, anything that is very alkaline will solve the problem such as carrots, beets, or fresh young coconut water. You may have to ingest large quantities (eating an entire raw carrot for example). Hope this helps!

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_I_neutralize_garlic_upset_belly#ixzz1y738Na7P

Note, it's from wiki answers, so I can't speak to its effectiveness. Good luck.
  8. CloneUncleOwen Jedi Grand Master

9. harpuah Force Ghost

. . . Why? :p

Hope you're able to cure it, and that you have a shart-free meeting.
    anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  10. Stargirl1977 Jedi Knight

I prefer the advice in this instance to be "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should." I don't know whom I'm quoting, read it on a page-a-day calender a fews years ago.
  11. Jon Bon Buren Jedi Master

Try not to eat so much garlic all the time, dude.
  12. longvanishedspirals Jedi Grand Master

first of all, unlock your profile. this will relieve some of the pressure!
    FiveThreeOhNine likes this.
  13. edener87 Jedi Master

I am addicted to garlic. It is an illness.

Sharting update: Went for a run this morning and OMG THE PAIN. I farted so loudly that I think I blasted off the ground for a few minutes.
  14. Darth_Morella Jedi Master

Hm, try oregano tea. Boil some water, then add like a teaspoon or less of dried oregano and then drink. Sweeten if you'd like.
  15. PointGiven Jedi Grand Master

How's Typo taking all this?
  16. Boba_Fett_2001 Jedi Grand Master

Where's Ossy when you need him?

(die Dave)
  17. Darth_Invidious Jedi Grand Master

Drink lots of Maalox. The cherry flavored variety goes down smoothly. And chewing the occasional Tums tablet won't hurt either.
  18. harpuah Force Ghost

He probably finds it hilarious. :p

Did he ever get a diagnosis for his butt disease?
  19. Darth_Morella Jedi Master

I hope this all concludes with an epic fart. Please keep us updated :p
  20. Whiteh Jedi Master

If at a buffet, do not wait to go home until you've finished your plate of shrimp.