1. The NEW boards are up and running!
    Boards.TheForce.net

POSTING ON THIS BOARD HAS BEEN DISABLED

RPF Intervention (In-Characrer Game Thread; Temp Location)

Discussion in 'Fan Activities' started by BravoTemp, May 11, 2012.

1. BravoTemp Jedi Knight

[IMG]

Welcome to the temporary in-character game play location of STAR WARS: INTERVENTION (A story-telling style OT starfighter game)---Always taking new players!

Due to unforeseen complications with "the move" to the new board system, Intervention has set up this thread as a means for it's players and staff to continue role playing in the exciting universe of Intervention! The "Rules of the JC," "Sexual Harassment," "TOS," "RPF Rules," and Intervention's "Rules" that applied to the old board system and that any such rules apply to the temporary board system, apply for Intervention's temporary game play location here.

As usual, please keep the In-Character game thread free of any excessive OOG, OOC, or socializing and direct all OOG / OOC questions and comments to the Rocketjock Eatery (Temp location for Intervention). Please keep the Rocketjock Eatery free of any excessive socializing.

I will be copying and pasting the old posts from the last two pages (25 posts per page) of Intervention that I saved from the old board system to refresh everyone's memory.

For our temporary In-Character game play thread, please be aware of a few special rules that apply. Please read carefully!!!!

1) You must save YOUR posts to your PC, lap-top, Mac, or other data storage device. When the temp boards are deleted and the new boards are up and running, all of our posts here (temp boards) will be lost. You are responsible for your own posts.

2) When the new boards are up and running, post your Intervention Stories in the Rocketjock Eatery. There will be a one week delay between the Intervention Stories being posted and resuming In-Character role playing in Intervention's game thread.

3) During that one week delay, you are to also re post your saved posts from this temporary game thread to the new board system's game thread. Act as if you are tagging with the other players, do not post all your saved posts at once. Post one, wait for the tag, post the other, etc. All of this (including Intervention Stories) must be posted within the first week (7 days) of the new board system being operational.
  2. BravoTemp Jedi Knight

PAGE 99

Date Posted: 3/15 6:21pm Subject: STAR WARS: INTERVENTION (A story-telling style OT starfighter game)---Always taking new players!
    IC: Fress Colias
    Johnny Boy Mess Hall

Fress shifted in her seat and gave a short nod. She wasn’t proud of this by all means either. Time to confess. “Shortly after order sixty-six and the bounty on my head went up. I changed my hair and eye color. I changed my name to Kasha Sherland and burned the shed I was currently residing in to fake my death. I’m not proud of those actions but it did keep the bounty hunters from looking for me.”

Tag Kasumi.

Date Posted: 3/15 6:52pm Subject: STAR WARS: INTERVENTION (A story-telling style OT starfighter game)---Always taking new players!
    IC: Kasumi

Johnny Boy, Mess Hall

Kasumi noticed the uneasiness in Fress before she spoke.

“Shortly after order sixty-six and the bounty on my head went up. I changed my hair and eye color. I changed my name to Kasha Sherland and burned the shed I was currently residing in to fake my death. I’m not proud of those actions but it did keep the bounty hunters from looking for me.”
    "As long as no one was hurt in the burning of the shed then you are ok. You have to do what you can to survive. If you were not a Jedi, then why was there a bounty on your head?"

Tag: Fress

Date Posted: 3/15 7:11pm Subject: STAR WARS: INTERVENTION (A story-telling style OT starfighter game)---Always taking new players! - Date Edited: 3/15 7:15pm (1 edits total) Edited By: JediFalcon
    Johnny Boy Mess Hall

"As long as no one was hurt in the burning of the shed then you are ok. You have to do what you can to survive. If you were not a Jedi, then why was there a bounty on your head?"

Fress gave a slight nod. “No one was hurt, as for the bounty… Palpatine offered me a General position in the Empire or die. I refused and swore to his face directly over a holo com link. He wanted me to join him and train as a Dark Jedi. I escaped the prison from the Defender before the Clones had a chance to take me back to Coruscant. Vader wants me for obvious reasons. I know the locations of two masters. I linked the unknown sith lord who killed my parents to Lord Sidious who later turned out to be Palpatine. That basically wraps up why there is bounty on my head.”

Tag Kasumi.

Date Posted: 3/15 7:45pm Subject: STAR WARS: INTERVENTION (A story-telling style OT starfighter game)---Always taking new players!

Johnny Boy, Mess Hall

"Ah, the pull of power and the want to have people join you in it. Or rather...let them think the have a hand in the power as well."

"I know the locations of two masters"

Kasumi put her cup down carefully.

"Oh? How do you know that? And who may I ask do you know the location of?"

Kasumi had been one of the few that knew the location of two masters. The list was short....very short for obvious reasons. Kasumi had seen Obi Wan leave with the baby boy, and had seen the baby girl be taken to be raised separately. She had journeyed with Yoda to his place of hiding, and she knew that he kept under the radar. She was curious to see who else it was.

Date Posted: 3/15 8:36pm Subject: STAR WARS: INTERVENTION (A story-telling style OT starfighter game)---Always taking new players!
    Johnny Boy Mess Hall

"Oh? How do you know that? And who may I ask do you know the location of?"

“Obi-Wan, I finally caught up with him. I figured where he would go,” Fress answered with a frown. “I won’t say the location. The second is Yoda. I don’t envy his location choice at all. At least it’s shielding him.”

“I have this feeling you do too,” Fress pointed out with a frown.

Tag Kasumi.

Date Posted: 3/15 9:40pm Subject: STAR WARS: INTERVENTION (A story-telling style OT starfighter game)---Always taking new players!
    IC: Josch Decinchi
    Aurora Cradmoon’s Quarters, Johnny Boy
    As he was about to complete his apology, his thought was interrupted by his comlink. He had placed it into an inaudible mode so that they would not be disturbed as they hashed things out. But that is what it did any ways and now he looked like he was at a loss for words.

“What?” Aurora asked in her sultry tones, “What exactly did you want to do?”

Her hand moved from his sleeve to running though his hair. He closed his eyes, took a slow breath, and tilted his head slightly to the side she was touching. It was as if his body agreed with his earlier sentiment of her not stopping.

“Remind me of your name?”

Now he was speechless. Aurora’s presence was intoxicating, which was a good thing and a problem all at the same time. They were members of a combat unit, they were on the run from the Empire, and they were to start their studies as Jedi. In all those cases relationships and attachments could be assets and liabilities. And in the case of being Jedi, it was forbidden the last time he had checked. Add to that the issue of him not being able to focus around her could get them both hurt, and hurt badly.

He was just about to regain his composure when she asked the one question that would have broken even the sternest man’s resolve. “Kiss me?” After hearing the words, Josch was not sure if it was a question or a request. Instead of debating it he acted on it.

Consequences and my comlink be damned.

In one rapid motion, both of Josch’s hands came up and cupped the back of Aurora’s head. Gently, yet quickly, he pulled her face towards his own. With a deep and fiery passion he pressed his lips to hers and felt a jolt run from the top of his head to the tip of his toes.

Now this is something that I don’t ever want to stop doing!
    TAG: Spy

Date Posted: 3/15 9:42pm Subject: STAR WARS: INTERVENTION (A story-telling style OT starfighter game)---Always taking new players! - Date Edited: 3/15 9:45pm (1 edits total) Edited By: Bravo
    IC: Jason Lasso
    Briefing Room, Johnny Boy

Lasso sat there, waiting for his two comrades to arrive, when a interesting thought came to him. A thought that, he reasoned, must have come from the "old Lasso," or the Lasso before his so-called accident.

The thought was simple: being a Lieutenant had it's perks...but darn it, no one ever listened to you. You were the middle man between the Squadron Leader and the squadron. Maybe not the bottom of the ladder, but close enough.

Where were his two pilots? Making out or something? What was the Johnny Boy...the love boat?

Lasso dismissed such silly thoughts. No one would be late to a meeting called by a superior officer, especially because of kissing. That was just silly.

So Lasso stared up at the ceiling and started to count the holes in the fake hanging ceiling, all the while whistling to himself.

It was during this whistling that Lasso got a text comlink message from Taller about a second jamming device that Sydney was getting. Thinking on it, Lasso tried to look at why Taller wanted two jamming devices...then it hit him. He grabbed his comlink and contacted Sydney, "Hey Chief, I have a question for ya. Can you meet me in the briefing room?"

Tag L_V Spy, CPL

OOG: Got technical help from Mitth on Chiss weapons. [IMG]

Also, assume the "E-11 Blaster Rifles" and other Imperial era weapons in my last post with "He" were early prototypes of Clone Wars weapons. I, ah, yea, was tired when I posted Imperial-era weapons before the Clone Wars. [IMG]

IC: "He"
    Medical Bay, Johnny Boy[/u]

Memory
    Several months before the Clone Wars

"He" laid the young Chiss' head on the ground in the darkness of night.

Snapped neck.

The young Chiss, barely out of his teenage years, was the last death in a small security patrol of four soldiers on the out-skirts of the burning city up-ahead. The flames licked the night sky up ahead, about three miles from where He was now at.

The first day was coming to end, the Chiss having attacked that morning, and already the Chiss military forces were burning civilian towns. But the question was why?

Maybe the three civilian bodies of his species, hanging by ropes from a tree near-by, was a sign as to why.

But He had never known the Chiss to take such steps of murdering civilians. Why now?

And why did these regular Chiss soldiers carry Charrics, while a special commandos team backed by regular infantry all carried non-Chiss weapons?

Maybe the burning city up ahead had some clues---

Snap!

He spun around---

End memory

"He" jumped awake from the memory, a female nurse he knew as Natalie, jumped in alarm with a scream of suprise.

"Doctor!"

Cook was quickly in the surgery room upon Natalie's scream, "Easy there. Your in sick-bay." Cook told He. Sometimes when patients suddenly woke up, their orientation was off to the "here and now". So unusual behavior was not uncommon.

He just looked at the startled nurse and the Doctor as he swung his legs around off the bed.

"Ah..." Russel said, not sure how to approach a Force-sensitive ninja without a name and who didn't talk, "You can't leave here."

He just got up, extended his right hand to the small table across the room in the corner and watched his lightsaber fly into his hands with Force grab. He attached the double-bladed lightsaber to the small of his back and walked past the nurse and doctor.

"Excuse me! Excuse me! Mr. Ninja With-Out a Name, come back here! Hey, I'm the Chief Medical Offi---" Russel just gave up as the medical doors closed behind a retreating ninja form.

"Do we call security?"

Russel shook his head, "No. We don't want to risk him getting mad and tearing the ship apart."

"Do you think he would do that?"

"I don't know. But scares the crap out of me. I'll call Taller. Maybe he can figure out something to do."

IC: Captain Rick Taller
    Captain's Room, Johnny Boy

Taller nodded to Cook's holograpic imagine. "Got it Doc. Thanks. I'll take care of it. Taller out."

Rick next grabbed his comlink, "Streets, this is Taller. Do you copy? We have a possible Black Rogue on ship. I repeat, Black Rogue on ship. Isolate and detain quietly. Just you, Streets. We need to keep this quiet. You may want to bring Havah with you. But keep it quiet. Sending you security sensor data..." Taller looked at the sensor data and his eyes went big, "Black Rogue is heading for your quarters!"

"Black Rogue" was the code-word for a Merc that had gone possible (not confirmed) AWOL without clear intentions. Such problems were dealt with quietly, as to ensure that the crew didn't hear about it too much and rumors got started. You never wanted ill-reported rumors getting out that could cause your mercenary crew to ponder their own loyalty in a high-stress and high-risk career.

Tag Mitth [IMG]

Date Posted: 3/16 9:07am Subject: STAR WARS: INTERVENTION (A story-telling style OT starfighter game)---Always taking new players!

Johnny Boy, Mess Hall

“I have this feeling you do too,” Fress pointed out with a frown.

Kasumi smiled. Yoda's choice may not have been the prettiest, but it did conceal him, just like Endor concealed her. It was all about how much life force energy there was. While Obi Wan could easily be hidden, Yoda would have been located by not just Vader but the Emperor if he hadn't chosen such a place.

"I do."

TBC

Date Posted: 3/16 10:39am Subject: STAR WARS: INTERVENTION (A story-telling style OT starfighter game)---Always taking new players!

Johnny Boy, Mess Hall

Memory

Kasumi watched Obi Wan leave and she stood watch over the twins. It had become almost a ritual with her. She had watched as Obi Wan would look in on both, but there was a sadness in his eyes. Kasumi could never tell if it was a sadness for the loss of their parents, or a sadness for their lives now. Yoda would walk past and nod at her now and then. But, the most frequent visitor was Bail Organa. He was to take the girl to be raised by him and his wife. Bail was not sure what to say to Kasumi, and they just exchanged smiles. He had a gentle nature, and a kind spirit. Kasumi knew that Leia would be cared for. As for Luke, he was being sent to stay with family, and that was all Kasumi knew of his destination.

Before the morning came, Kasumi gently touched each baby's forehead and wished them the best. She paused only when Leia reached up and wrapped her hand around some of Kasumi's fingers. Kasumi smiled at her.

"If I could stay with you, I would little one. Know that I will be with you through the Force. Something tells me that I will see you and your brother again."

Kasumi walked with the twins in her arms and handed them off to their respective guardians. She watched as they left.

"Safe they will be."

"Yes, master. I know."

"Degobah..."

"So that we are safe."

Yoda nodded. With that they started to head to the ship that would take them to their swampy destination. There Kasumi continued her training, there she was knighted, and then it was time for her to leave so that she could protect herself and become the watchman that Yoda knew she would be.

End Memory

Date Posted: 3/16 4:12pm Subject: STAR WARS: INTERVENTION (A story-telling style OT starfighter game)---Always taking new players!
    IC: Chris Streets
    Training Room/Gym

Checking the last of the replaced weapons to make sure everything was in proper order before leaving the room Chris got an unexpected comm call. "Any details on whom?" he replied as he set about grabbing the remotes remote and checking their charging status. The fact that he wasn't in his quarters gave him several options, it also limited his options from his current position. He hadn't even left yet to wash this gunk out of his hair, and if it was who his gut twisted for a possibility of he figured he might need to make an ammendment to his Last Will and Testament to get the gunk removed before anyone saw or disposed of his body.

Opening a second channel using the ship comm panel he sent a quick message to Havah Jeth, "Gear up, Black Rogue. Heading to my quarters, meat up and possible subdue."

TAG: Bravo

Date Posted: 3/16 6:19pm Subject: STAR WARS: INTERVENTION (A story-telling style OT starfighter game)---Always taking new players! - Date Edited: 3/16 6:42pm (2 edits total) Edited By: JediFalcon
    Johnny Boy Mess Hall

"I do."

Fress smiled slightly as she closed her eyes thinking about when she caught up with Obi-Wan.

Fress walked away from Obi-Wan as he waited a small distance from the Lars homestead. This is where Luke was staying. She smiled as a kind and gentle looking woman walked out with a frown on her face. She smiled warmly as she approached whom she assumed was Beru. “Beru?” The woman nodded. “I’m Fress Colias. I was a friend of the parents of Luke. I’m wondering with your permission. May I see him?”

Beru smiled and nodded as she gestured to the home. “Please come in, Fress.”

Fress followed the woman into the homestead as she heard a small voice crying out. Beru rushed to a crib and picked up a small bundle and started quietly talking to the baby. She smiled as Beru walked back towards her with the baby in her hands.

“May I present Luke Skywalker,” Beru announced gently as she handed Fress the bundle.

Fress looked down and gently pushed the towel aside. Luke stopped crying and looked up with Anakin’s eyes. “Hey little sky guy. He has Anakin’s eyes,” she said with a smile as she sat down on the couch. “Luke, you have a history to be proud of but a heavy burden to carry. You would’ve liked your mother very much. Your father has a placed a heavy burden that you must learn to bare one day.”

Fress smiled through the tears as she took in Luke’s features. He looked like a mixture of Anakin and Padme plus someone he didn’t recognize.

“Luke has Shmi’s features,” Beru spoke the unspoken question. “Shmi was Anakin’s mother.”

Fress nodded in understanding. “He has a gentle spirit, that much I can tell. His mother had a gentle yet strong spirit but this feels slightly different. What was Anakin’s mother like?”

Beru sat down beside Fress as she offered her a bottle. She took it and offered it to Luke as he took to the bottle right away. “She was gentle, kind, you would’ve liked her. When she died Clieg, Anakin’s step father died of heart break. She was kidnapped by Tusken Raiders, she was missing for a month before Anakin came on the planet looking for her,” she paused for a second and I could sense uneasiness from her. “There are rumors.”

“Rumors?” Fress questioned with a frown. “What kind of rumors?”

“For the past couple of years there is a story speaking of an angry god with a blue sword. He killed the entire clan of Tuskens,” Beru explained with a frown.

Anakin what have you done? Fress silently questioned. His decent towards the dark side must’ve accelerated. They were wondering how Anakin got prisoners to talk. Now she began to wonder if he was tapping into the dark side.

“Fress, is it Anakin they’re talking about?” Beru asked.

”Most likely,” Fress answered honestly as she looked at Luke. “Anakin had trouble accepting loss and he had a temper. Please take care of Luke.”

”I love him as if he was my own son.”

Fress opened her eyes and looked at Kasumi who seemed lost in thought as well. She closed her eyes as images appeared before her eyes. It was Chris and Jeth? She kept with it as the images changed to the silent Ninja going on a rampage? She opened her eyes as her danger sense flared. She began to realize the more she tapped into the Force the easier it was becoming to control it. “Kasumi, I sense there’s trouble on board.”

Tag Kasumi.

Date Posted: 3/16 10:11pm Subject: STAR WARS: INTERVENTION (A story-telling style OT starfighter game)---Always taking new players!
    Aurora Cradmoon
    Her Quarters

Aurora felt his hands holding her head. In a swift motion, their lips were interlocked. She felt a warm fuzzy feeling inside, one much unlike the feeling she had with her previous husband. Their lips fit perfectly. She almost didn’t want to break away, but her comlink beeped again. Finally she pulled away, a grin wide on her face.

“Wow.” Aurora said only one word before connecting their lips back together again. When she broke away this time, she giggled. “Wow.”

She shook her head.

“So. . .you came to kiss me, am I right?” She laughed, straightening his hair that she ruffled as they had kissed. “Has anyone told you that you have the softest lips?”

Aurora turned away from him for only a second before spinning back around to face him.

What am I doing? We are partners. We can’t be kissing. This won’t be allowed, especially if we are going to be Jedi.

How could love curse her so? She wouldn’t fight it. The feelings she had for this man, who through the kiss she had learned his name, were too strong to be contained.

“How about. . .one more before we actually look at our comlinks?”

And before he could answer she pecked him on the lips again.

TAG: CPL

Date Posted: 3/16 10:23pm Subject: STAR WARS: INTERVENTION (A story-telling style OT starfighter game)---Always taking new players! - Date Edited: 3/16 10:28pm (2 edits total) Edited By: Bravo
    OOG:

Spy and CPL...wow. Interlocked? Softest lips? Going from a kiss to making out. GREATEST LOVE POST E.V.E.R.!

Date Posted: 3/16 10:37pm Subject: STAR WARS: INTERVENTION (A story-telling style OT starfighter game)---Always taking new players!

Johnny Boy, Mess Hall

“Kasumi, I sense there’s trouble on board.”
    Kasumi closed her eyes. Trouble yes....but something that needed to be handled by those involved.

"I sense it too, but I have the feeling that is needs to be settled by those involved. There are things that others just need to work out. I will keep an eye on it so to speak. I have a favor to ask of you though. While I know that we all need rest, I was wondering if you would be willing to give me some pointers on flying. I have some flights under my belt, but nothing near what you do and I would like to learn from someone as experienced as you. That is, if you don't mind showing me some of your tricks. Would you like to head to the hangar bay?"

Date Posted: 3/16 11:06pm Subject: STAR WARS: INTERVENTION (A story-telling style OT starfighter game)---Always taking new players!
    Johnny Boy Mess Hall

"I sense it too, but I have the feeling that is needs to be settled by those involved. There are things that others just need to work out. I will keep an eye on it so to speak. I have a favor to ask of you though. While I know that we all need rest, I was wondering if you would be willing to give me some pointers on flying. I have some flights under my belt, but nothing near what you do and I would like to learn from someone as experienced as you. That is, if you don't mind showing me some of your tricks. Would you like to head to the hangar bay?"

Fress nodded in agreement, the more she thought about it. Rushing into an arguement wasn't the best option. It could only make things worse for those involved. She smiled and nodded at Kasumi's request at learning some pointers about flying. "Sure, lets head to the hanger bay."

Tag Kasumi

Date Posted: 3/17 10:44am Subject: STAR WARS: INTERVENTION (A story-telling style OT starfighter game)---Always taking new players!
    Johnny Boy, Mess Hall/Corridor to the hangar bay

"Sure, lets head to the hanger bay."

"Thank you." With that Kasumi stood up, finished her tea, and headed to the door making sure not to get too far ahead of Fress. Once out in the hallway Kasumi continued the conversation.

"I apologize for my being brief in there with my background, etc. I will tell you more if you like once we are away from here. There is just something...well...uneasiness in the air. I can't put my finger on it, but we will figure it out in time. On another note, how are you feeling about all of this....the coming clean to your friends, the facing the past and facing your hurt....or rather...embracing it?"

Date Posted: 3/17 11:21am Subject: STAR WARS: INTERVENTION (A story-telling style OT starfighter game)---Always taking new players!
    Johnny Boy just leaving the mess hall and heading towards the hanger bay

"I apologize for my being brief in there with my background, etc. I will tell you more if you like once we are away from here. There is just something...well...uneasiness in the air. I can't put my finger on it, but we will figure it out in time. On another note, how are you feeling about all of this....the coming clean to your friends, the facing the past and facing your hurt....or rather...embracing it?"

Fress nodded in agreement about the uneasiness she was feeling in the air. Something didn't feel right at all. She thought about the coming out about her real name and who she really was. "I feel relieved that I no longer have to lie about my true name. Was Russel confused when the Jod officer called me by my real name. Zixie laughed because she's in no position now to collect the bounty. I'm also concerned. Ahsoka warned me that this information will reach back to Vader. I don't want anyone come to harm due to my past. You'll have to get me caught up on everything when we're more in private."

Tag Kasumi

Date Posted: 3/17 2:55pm Subject: STAR WARS: INTERVENTION (A story-telling style OT starfighter game)---Always taking new players!
    Johnny Boy corridor on the way the hanger

"Relief is good. It's hard to keep up appearances and try to erase who you are. You can change your name, eye color and hair color, but who you are is imprented on your very being. Your actions, mannerisms, etc all come forth through the disguise."

Kasumi stopped for moment to look out at the stars. She hoped she would never have to face Vader after the pain he caused and after the destruction that he had done to countless lives, not just the Jedi Order. She still did not understand how so much evil could live with in someone....no...not just Vader, but Sidious as well. So much hatred, so much death. For now, she was safe, but she knew he chances of being found out were high. She would "hide" when needed behind her combat uniform, but her tunic always made her feel more at home and at peace.

"You said that Zixie laughed because she was in no position to turn you in. The question I have for you, and I don't mean it to be one of doubt, but can you trust your friend not to turn you over for the bounty? Money has a very loud voice, especially out here. And with an informant on board, I am sure that people know more about us being here than we do them. It's that knowledge that concerns me."

Date Posted: 3/17 3:31pm Subject: STAR WARS: INTERVENTION (A story-telling style OT starfighter game)---Always taking new players! - Date Edited: 3/17 3:34pm (2 edits total) Edited By: Bravo
    OOG: Spy and CPL, go ahead and finish your...ah...kissing. I had to temporarily suspend the He/Streets storyline and jump ahead to the Lasso/He storyline that was next because of Mitth's computer problems. So the Briefing Room would be hard to get into. [IMG] Maybe you two could work on talking before going for first base so quickly. [IMG] j/k Either way, it was a great read.

Streets' Personal Quarters, Johnny Boy

Being a ninja meant being invisible. Even in broad daylight (well ship lighting), "He" was able to avoid cameras, hide in blind spots, get "lost" in a crowd, and generally speaking, stay hidden. While a confined starship's corridors limited his skills greatly, and no-doubt security could keep a somewhat constant eye on him, He was not worried about such things.

He had cracked Streets' personal security code in a matter of seconds to the Lieutenant Commander's personal quarters and had left the holo-vid recording on the table. As quietly as he had slipped in, he slipped out.

Next was the briefing room and Lasso. "He" would settle his personal agenda with Chris Streets later.

In the grand scheme of things, "He" knew he could be considered the anti-hero. The good bad guy. The guy that you knew was doing the right thing, even if his methods looked a bit darker then most other people's choices.

On his way to the Briefing Room, "He" made sure pressure alarms and other "warnings" started going off in the Hanger Bay. That should delay Hanger Chief Sydney long enough from meeting up with Lasso. He was everywhere at once and no where at once. He had laid sensor traps to critical systems in the hanger bay, to look make it look like accidents were happening, when they weren't. And even malfunctioning blast doors leading into the hanger bay were going to lock themselves. He had tapped into the Johnny Boy's communication system and could hear every comlink message.

And he had done it all in plain view of the public. A small device on his belt had wirelessly uploaded encrypted files to several droids on the ship, only droids (mostly maintenance and cleaning droids) who's droid brains could be hacked so easily. Other droids, the military models, prevented such hacking.

With a army of cleaning droids at his disposal, he had hacked into every system on the Johnny Boy that allowed him easy access to not be noticed. And, as a man of his word, he would just as easily hack out of those systems when his work was done and never again hack the Johnny Boy's systems...unless it was needed.

He had, also, locked a particular blast door to personal quarters where two crew members were exploring certain activities better left behind locked doors. They had a meeting with Lasso, and were already late. Now they wouldn't be able to get out and be really late.

Tag Mitth, LV, Spy, CPL (Mitth, when your back online, I'll send you a PM with the holo-vid message)

Briefing Room, Johnny Boy

Lasso was sitting there. Even Sydney's arrival had been late. Today was a day off---

Suddenly the lights went off, the projector died, and Lasso heard the blast doors lock.

"What the...?"

TBC

Date Posted: 3/17 5:11pm Subject: STAR WARS: INTERVENTION (A story-telling style OT starfighter game)---Always taking new players! - Date Edited: 3/17 5:22pm (5 edits total) Edited By: JediFalcon
    Johnny Boy heading towards the hanger bay

"You said that Zixie laughed because she was in no position to turn you in. The question I have for you, and I don't mean it to be one of doubt, but can you trust your friend not to turn you over for the bounty? Money has a very loud voice, especially out here. And with an informant on board, I am sure that people know more about us being here than we do them. It's that knowledge that concerns me."

Fress fell silent thinking about Kasumi’s question as she stared out the view port. She kept getting this feeling that this spy was more likely to turn them over then Zixie. The feeling she felt was closer to a friendship bond through the Force. As best as a Force user can get to a non-Force sensitive. She glanced at Kasumi and smiled a bit. “I have this feeling the spy that’s onboard is more likely to turn us over. Zixie made me promise to double check Navigation coordinates after I got her to open up about what happened to her surrogate family. My instincts tell me I can trust her. It feels like I really did make a friend, it’s a similar feeling I shared with Ahsoka. I can understand the concern. As soon as I told her my story, She apologized for laughing and I could sense she regretted it.”

Tag Kasumi

Date Posted: 3/18 1:24pm Subject: STAR WARS: INTERVENTION (A story-telling style OT starfighter game)---Always taking new players! - Date Edited: 3/18 1:28pm (3 edits total) Edited By: Bravo
    OOG:

The below post is very important to both "He" and Jason Lasso. First, for "He," it will explore more of the character. Second, for Lasso, it will help set up the finish of the character's storyline for this game, set up his epilogue, and set him up for the next game.

In understanding of this, I have been watching Batman Begins and The Dark Knight to better understand both "He" and Lasso's future storylines. In light of that, quotes from both movies may appear below in sufficient numbers.

Briefing Room, Johnny Boy, Expansion Regions, around 9:45am CST

"Hello?" Jason asked into the darkness; only the emergency flood lights, blinding his sight towards the entry/exit blast doors, was the only light in the room. Jason could "feel" something in the room with him. And it wasn't the Force telling him. Something just---

Jason felt the impact of the solid forearm to his chest, which brought him to the ground on his back. He had seen a dark clothed figure suddenly appear in the flood lights---only part of the form's body---and then disappear again before Jason had a chance to look up from the ground.

Jason went for his comlink, but a foot came up and knocked the device clean from his hand. Lasso swiped at the place where the foot had come from, but nothing was there.

"I know who you are!" Jason said into the darkness.

"Do you?" Came a bold, deep voice.

Jason started to get up, but half way up, a forearm sent him to the ground. Lasso wildly kicked behind him as fast as he could react, but once again, nothing came of his efforts.

"I can feel you when the air moves around you," Jason said.

"By then, it's too late," came the voice from the darkness.

As Lasso was up this time, holding his body in a loose martial arts stance, a round-house kick to the head sent him sprawling to the ground again.

"They said you don't talk," Lasso said as he grunted as he got up, "Rumor has it you can only talk to your culture's savior."

"From a certain point of view, they are right," Lasso was tripped to the ground, but this time he was able to connect with something on a return kick as he fell, "Good. Your learning. But I make my own choices on who to talk to."

"But they say---" Jason said as he got up.

"They do not know my culture as I do! You want revenge, do you not? For your parents?"

"Yes---I guess. I mean, I lost my memories and---"

"You want to discover who you were in order to justify your desire for revenge. You want to learn who Jason Lasso was, what he stood for, the loss of his parents, what he did before joining the Mercs, what he did with the Mercs. Then, you want to use that knowledge as a means to justify the murderous revenge you want to go on. You feel that, without your memories, you can allow your anger at your lost memories, your fragmented memories of lost parents, of a friend Steven Neal, to become the means for revenge. To become the monster you want to become because of your anger."

Jason was silent.

"Your silence betrays your thoughts. You have allowed your anger to consume you."

Lasso burst out, "WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT ME TO DO! I HAVE LOST EVERYTHING! EVERYTHING! My memories are gone and what memories I have are of a life I don't remember! And a life that, when I do remember, is nothing but pain! I am the monster I am because of other people!"

"NO! You are the monster you are because you want to become it. You want the anger, the power, the blood. You want it. You crave it."

"Leave me alone. Just go away!"

"No! I will make you face your fear today."

"You don't know my fear."

"The dark. Your afraid of the darkness...of being alone. Of not being accepted. Of failure. Of the unknown. You face them all in me!"

Jason flew backwards as the dark form landed feet first into his chest. Jason crashed into the holo projector and rolled off of it in pain.

"Why don't you fight? You have the ability to."

"What's the point?" Jason said, getting up to his knees and looking at a dark form in the darkness being silhouetted by the flood lights, "I can't win. I'm a monster...your right. There's no point left then to end it here and now."

"You are willing to give up and give others the ability to, like those that killed your family and took away your memories, prosper and hurt others?"

"I'm nothing! Look at me! I'm a shattered man who wants revenge! I can't even remember my own past! As I see it, I have two options. A, become the monster I'm becoming more of everyday or B, just die."

"There's another way."

"There is no other way!"

"So be it."

Lasso felt an invisible hand reach out and grab him around his throat and lift him off of the ground. The invisible hand tightened around his throat and Lasso struggled to pry the "hands" off. He struggled as he hung there in mid air, gasping for air.

"YOUR A LIAR JASON LASSO!" The form said, now back in the darkness and invisible again, "You resist against option B, your own death. You struggle against death now. And option A, we both know you wouldn't do it."

"Ho---w---do y---o---u---kno---w...?" Jason asked as he started to feel the last of his life start to fade away as the force around his neck tightened even more.

"Because you struggle for survival. A man committed to his path would not struggle. You are double minded and a fool!"

Jason felt a force throw him against the far wall behind the holo projector and the invisible hand around his neck was gone. As he collapsed to the floor, gasping for air and coughing, the form came up to him and kicked him in the side as hard as it could. Lasso reacted and curled up in defense. His body was too weak to resist, to fight.

"You want revenge for your pain...for your suffering. Your anger drives you."

Jason nodded.

"Your anger gives you great power. But if you let it, it will destroy you. As it almost did me. [1]"

"How did you stop it? [2]"

"Vengeance. [3] I will teach you how to do it the right away. Without the pity mindset of a criminal. To achieve something greater."

"What?" Jason asked.

Justice. Crime can not be tolerated. Criminals thrive on the indulgence of society's understanding. [4] The Empire survives off of people's fear of them. That is why the Empire does what it does. People fear them and won't do anything."

"But the Rebel Alliance...?"

"Idealists with guns. They don't have what it takes to do all that is necessary to defeat evil. [5] Taller and the Mercs are close. But they show compassion. Compassion your enemies will not share. [6]"

"What now?" Jason asked weakly, coughing.

"I've been watching you for a very long time now. At Port Haven, at the Imperial Convoy mission for the painting. You know how to fight six men. I can teach you how to engage six hundred. You know how to disappear. I can teach you to become truly invisible."[7]

"Why help me?" Jason asked, coughing.

"Because, like you, I lost everything. I know the rage that drives you. That impossible anger strangling the grief, until the memory of your loved one is just... poison in your veins. And one day, you catch yourself wishing the person you loved had never existed so you'd be spared your pain. [8]"

Suddenly the lights came on and "He" was gone. Jason was struggling to get up when the blast doors opened. It was Alexander Zat.

"I was fearing this," Zat said.

"Fear what?" Jason asked, getting up.

"He came to talk to you, didn't he?"

Jason nodded, "Yes."

Zat sighed, "He deals with a past much like your own. A anger...a hurt deep down. I was hoping, was praying, that the LORD would show him the way. And while I am still confident in such a good outcome, I am a bit more then confused at the LORD's timing of all of this."

"What do you mean?"

"You, him, me. The others. And we know that for those who love God all things work together for the good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28, Holy Bible (ESV) I am confident, in whichever path both you and him go down, that the LORD will work it out for the good. We go through the journey that we go through so that we may discover who we truly are and, in that process, show the love and truth of the LORD."

"What do you mean?"

Alexander smiled, "You will follow this path of justice. While in theory, this may work. In reality, only the LORD's justice works in the end. Man's interpretation of justice is flawed. But, I cannot stop you down this path of justice. You must deal with this yourself...and let God rescue you from it."

"What do you want me to do? Where has the LORD been Master Zat? Where are my memories? Who am I? Why did this happen to me?"

"The LORD has been with you the whole time. You just refuse to see it."

"Then why all of this pain?"

"Only through suffering and pain, Jason, do we forget about our selfish needs and wants and realize how much we really need God."

"So God wants me to suffer?"

Zat smiled, "No, acourse not. God doesn't want any of his children to suffer. But while we are focused on the here and now, God is focused on the end product of you and me."

"What end product is that?"

"Do be more Christ-like. We can only understand that through his, Christ's, sufferings. To understand what it is to be holy and righteous in the midst of suffering, we must understand the Lord Jesus Christ and his suffering."

"Okay...but I don't remember Christ going around and losing his memories."

"And I don't remember you hanging on a cross for the sins and salvation of humanity. A humanity that rejected you because you were God nonetheless. Let God be God and you understand that he is God. “O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter has done? declares the LORD. Behold, like the clay in the potter's hand, so are you in my hand, O house of Israel. Jeremiah 18:6, Holy Bible (ESV)"

Zat turned and started to leave; Jason called out to his retreating form, "What am I supposed to do now?!"

"Become like the clay is to the potter."

"What are you going to do with "He"?"

"He is my concern, not yours."

Jason stood there for a long time after Zat left. He looked around the briefing room and found his comlink. Grabbing it, he said into it, "Zieleb-Xan, Aurora, Sydney...whenever was being late to a meeting considered okay?"

Tag CPL, Spy, L_V [IMG]

OOG:

References:

Batman Begins; Henri Ducard (2005, movie) [1]

Batman Begins; Bruce Wayne (2005, movie) [2]
    - Summarized from Bruce Wayne

Batman Begins; Henri Ducard (2005, movie) [3]

Batman Begins; Henri Ducard (2005, movie) [4]

Batman Begins; Ra's Al Ghul (2005, movie) [5]
    - Summarized from Ra's Al Ghul

Batman Begins; Henri Ducard (2005, movie) [6]
    - Summarized from Henri Ducard

Batman Begins; Henri Ducard (2005, movie) [7]
    - Changed the "we" with I

Batman Begins; Henri Ducard (2005, movie) [8]
    - Removed the "But" before "I know"

Date Posted: 3/18 1:50pm Subject: STAR WARS: INTERVENTION (A story-telling style OT starfighter game)---Always taking new players!
    Johnny Boy, Corridor

“I have this feeling the spy that’s onboard is more likely to turn us over. Zixie made me promise to double check Navigation coordinates after I got her to open up about what happened to her surrogate family. My instincts tell me I can trust her. It feels like I really did make a friend, it’s a similar feeling I shared with Ahsoka. I can understand the concern. As soon as I told her my story, She apologized for laughing and I could sense she regretted it.”

Kasumi smiled and looked at Fress.

"Good. Getting that sense, especially now, is a good sign. Trust your judgement. Trust your instincts. Trust your feelings, but do not be too quick to act on them. Yes, the spy is concerning, but people are either forced to do what they do, or they do it of their own accord, especially now. Something tells me there is a puppet master behind the spy, or they would not be turning on their own kind...so to speak. Now about that lesson..."

Kasumi began to walk again towards the hangar bay. Once there....the noise inside was coming through the doors.

"What in the name of...."

Kasumi let the doors open and saw the chaos that was inside. The noise of the alarms was defening. She took a moment to look around and there were no leaks that she could see nor were there any oxygenation issues as she took a breath. Distraction? For them or for Liam?

Date Posted: 3/18 2:31pm Subject: STAR WARS: INTERVENTION (A story-telling style OT starfighter game)---Always taking new players! - Date Edited: 3/18 2:37pm (1 edits total) Edited By: JediFalcon
    Johnny Boy hanger bay

Fress nodded as she reflected on what Kasumi was telling her. It was too soon to act on the spy and she didn’t know if this person was acting of free will or the Empire was forcing them to do so. She wasn’t sure at this point but she also know there was two sides to every story.

As they entered the hanger bay loud alarms assaulted her hearing causing her to place her hands over her ears to drown the sound out as much as she could. She glanced at Kasumi wondering if this was a distraction for them or for Liam? She had a feeling that whatever disturbance she felt from Streets, Jeth, and the Ninja that this was definitely a distraction for Liam. It all seemed way to convenient to be anything else.

Fress felt something bump in from behind her and she turned her attention to Saber. She didn’t realize the droid followed them but she was glad he did. “Saber, log into the main computer and shut down the alarms.”

Saber beeped in acknowledgement as he rolled towards to a computer and plugged his arm in. A minute later the alarms fell silent. Fress lowered her hands as she glanced at Saber. “Thanks Saber,” she turned her attention to Kasumi with a frown. “I wonder what all of that was about.”

Tag Kasumi

Date Posted: 3/18 5:21pm Subject: STAR WARS: INTERVENTION (A story-telling style OT starfighter game)---Always taking new players!
    Johnny Boy, Hangar Bay

“Yes, thank you Saber.” Kasumi gently touched the top of the droid.

“Fress, if you want to figure out what it is you think I need to work on, I would be grateful. I’m going to see if Liam is doing ok since every alarm was going off in here. Buddy..”

The R2 unit whistled in response.

“Would you help me find Liam?”

Buddy whistled again and went one direction and Kasumi went the other.

Tag: Fress, Liam

Date Posted: 3/18 5:41pm Subject: STAR WARS: INTERVENTION (A story-telling style OT starfighter game)---Always taking new players! - Date Edited: 3/18 5:44pm (2 edits total) Edited By: Liam_Vehn
    IC: Sydney Ayres
    Johnny Boy Hangar

Sydney was a popular guy today. Not only did the jammer arrive that he had been looking forward to trying out, but Jason Lasso had been paging him all day long for some meeting. Putting way his examination of the jammer, Ayres stepped out of the hangar bay office and nearly fell over an R2 unit who bleeped and wharbled at him to get his attention.

Sighing, Sydney grasped his comlink and said, “Jason, one moment. Seems there are some people in the hangar that are looking for me. No, I don’t know how long I will be.”

Suddenly alarms went off. Those annoying alarms, not the soothing sounds of a klaxon. Rushing to a nearby service panel, Sydney quickly popped it open and killed the sound, although the warnings were still flashing. Something was wrong here. Something was not right. Why would the alarm go off in hyperspace?

He peered into the hangar bay and glanced around. Saw a few faces that he had seen in the mess hall awhile back. They seemed to be looking for someone. Were they looking for him?

“Can I help you with something?” Sydney asked as he ran a worn hand over the large hangar doors, noticing that they failed to open.

Tag: Coffee, Bravo, JediFalcon

OOC: My username is Liam but the character name is Sydney Ayres. Thankfully, I answer to both! ?

OOG: Restrictions on temp boards prevented me from copying / pasting everything from the old board system. All posts are there, just not the pictures / authors and old board system look.
  3. BravoTemp Jedi Knight

PAGE 100

Date Posted: 3/18 6:39pm Subject: STAR WARS: INTERVENTION (A story-telling style OT starfighter game)---Always taking new players!
    OOG/OOC; Sorry...I forgot to change that before I posted. Doh!

IC; Kasumi
    Johnny Boy, Hangar Bay

Kasumi smiled at seeing Sydney.

"Just wanted to make sure you were ok after the attack of the alarms. Is there anything I can help you with so you can get to were you were going?"

Buddy rolled up next to Kasumi and whistled an "I found him" playful tone.

Kasumi smiled at her mechanical friend.

"Forgive me. I'm sure you see so many people. I'm Kasumi, and this is Buddy."

Tag: Sydney

Date Posted: 3:22am Subject: STAR WARS: INTERVENTION (A story-telling style OT starfighter game)---Always taking new players! - Date Edited: 3:29am (2 edits total) Edited By: JediFalcon
    Johnny Boy heading towards the hanger bay

“Fress, if you want to figure out what it is you think I need to work on, I would be grateful. I’m going to see if Liam is doing ok since every alarm was going off in here. Buddy..”

Fress gave a short nod as Kasumi walked off towards Sydney. Off the top of her head was telling Kasumi not to step into temporarily lead since she just admitted not to having too much experience behind the stick. She shook her head not sure if she should point it out or not. Deciding not to go there she reflected on Kasumi’s performance from earlier.

Fress thought back to what could’ve happened and thankfully it didn’t get that far. Kasumi ordered two flight towards the King’s squadron when a squadron of TIEs was making their way to the Johnny Boy. Despite her pointing this piece of information out over the comms to Spook, she felt like she was suddenly ignored.

Fress held back for a minute to make sure they would take off and retreat without incident. Thankfully the Lead for the TIEs called off the attack after she sent the message through the Force and they exchanged laser blasts. She rejoined Kasumi and the others afterwards by slipping under the battle unnoticed and coming up beside her wingmate. Since nothing was said over the comms, she knew they didn’t notice she was not with the group.

Fress started to think on Kasumi’s performance and knew she had trouble shooting back. Now that she thought about it, didn’t Kasumi sit there and watch for a minute? Which were a dangerous thing to do and a one-way ticket to being taken out early in the battle. She knew Kasumi was letting her take most of the shots. The number two rule was to shot first ask questions later. The number one rule was to be somewhere else when the shooting starts.

Fress knew Kasumi didn’t like to kill, no one did but when you’re in a war. It was either you die or the other guy died and disabling the engines on TIEs leaving them without taking out the weapons wasn’t a good thing either. There was no sense in leaving a live weapon at your back. Plus Kasumi’s mind was wandering since the beginning of the battle.

Fress didn’t originally plan on going there but the more she thought about it, the more she began to realize it was inevitable. She only delayed the discussion.

Tag Kasumi

OOC OOG: “The number two rule is to shot first ask questions later. The number one rule is to be somewhere else when the shooting starts.” Lando Calrissian, Dash Rendar and Wedge Antilles explaining the number two and number one rules for shooting to Leia Organa in Shadows of the Empire.

Date Posted: 1:30pm Subject: STAR WARS: INTERVENTION (A story-telling style OT starfighter game)---Always taking new players!
    Johnny Boy Hangar

Sydney smiled. “I appreciate your concern. The day was going just fine before the alarms went off. I’m Sydney Ayres, by the way, Hangar Chief, nice to meet you. I think I may have seen you briefly in the mess hall at one point in time. I see so many faces around here, usually of the mechanical variety. I don’t get out much, don’t really care to, and if you need anything for whatever craft you fly, just ask.”

He studied Kasumi a little more. Something about her was different. He couldn’t put his finger on it but the way she looked at him made Sydney a little uncomfortable. Like she could see into him.

Yeah, right, Syd. the Hangar Chief thought as he examined the R2 astromech droid.

“When was the last time this guy got a bath? He’s got gunk all over him!” Sydney declared, not trying to be rude.

“Sorry, just notice things like that. Anyways, these hangar doors, the darndest things, they aren’t opening up,” Ayres grunted as he popped open a service panel to see what he could do to manually override the lock.

OOC/OOG: Feel free to get those doors open, Coffee, any way you see fit.

Tag: Coffee_Ninja

Date Posted: 3:08pm Subject: STAR WARS: INTERVENTION (A story-telling style OT starfighter game)---Always taking new players!
    OOG: Just a reminder, the only person on board the Johnny Boy that knows Josch’s true name is Kasumi, everyone else would know him as Zieleb-Xan Macja or “Mac”. I adjusted Lasso’s first com-message to reflect this. [IMG]

IC: Josch Decinchi
    Aurora Cradmoon’s Quarters, Johnny Boy
    “WOW!” was all that Josch could say as Aurora’s prefect ruby lips parted from his once more. He stood there for several heartbeats and just looked at her beautifully glowing continence. He tried to take in and memorize every little detail of her face just in case he did not get to look upon her again for a while. He took a deep breath so that his olfactory system could retain her scent. Slowly he reached up and brushed the strands of hair that had fallen down over her left eye back behind her ear.

Finally he broke the silence, “As fantastic as the last few moments have been, I didn’t actually come here to ah… do that. What I was trying to say was that I was sorry for upsetting you in the Mess Hall.” He ran the back of his hand down from her left ear to her cheek and traced along her jaw line. As his fingers reached her chin he placed his hands on her shoulders and slid them down into her hands. He clasped his hands in hers and held on to them gently.

“I didn’t want you to think that I was snubbing you for Kasumi. She and I go back a ways and we had not seen each other for a while. So I wanted to catch up with her before we all got sent out on our various missions. Speaking of which,” he reached down to his utility belt and pulled his comlink off of it. He had felt it go off again when Aurora had pulled him in for the second kiss, “We better find out who’s been looking for us.”

With the push of a couple of buttons he listened to the first of two messages. “This is Flight Lieutenant Jason Lasso transmitting special orders from Command Staff, Pilot Officer Aurora Cradmoon and Pilot Officer Zieleb-Xan Macja, report to the Briefing Room immediately. Lasso out.”

Stang! This is not going to be good.

He pushed another button to delete the first and listen to the second message. “Zieleb-Xan, Aurora, Sydney… whenever was being late to a meeting considered okay?”

As he put his comlink back into it’s appropriate spot on his belt, he looked up into Aurora’s sparkling eyes, “Well I guess we might as well go face the firing squad.” He took up her hand again and started to lead her out of the room, when he suddenly stopped, turned around to face her, and pressed his lips to hers once more. But this time he only lingered there for a couple of seconds before he broke away from her. “Look on the bright side,” he said with a grin, “At least we aren’t the only ones running late. I wonder what the Chief’s excuse is going to be.” He leaned in closer and lowered his voice a little, as if he was telling her a secret, “Perhaps he was busy making out with one of those fancy new snubfighters I saw in the hanger bay. What do you think?”

With that he turned back to the door, opened it, and escorted Aurora to the Briefing Room.
    TAG: Spy

OOG: Restrictions on temp boards prevented me from copying / pasting everything from the old board system. All posts are there, just not the pictures / authors and old board system look.
  4. BravoTemp Jedi Knight

RESUME IN-CHARACTER ROLE PLAYING POSTS AFTER THIS....
  5. BravoTemp Jedi Knight

Briefing Room, Johnny Boy, around 10:10am CST

Lasso didn't know who looked more red, either him from his recent bout with "He" or Zieleb-Xan Macja / Aurora. A deeper look, however, would reveal that Macja and Aurora did have more of a rosy red to their cheeks, not the exhausted sweaty red from a recent fight like Lasso.

Lasso shook his head slightly as they entered. Late because of that? Well, if there was a reason to be late to a meeting, that would be the most satisfying outcome of a reason.

"Welcome," Lasso said dryly, pointing to one of the mangled chairs that still littered the briefing room floor from the recent fight, "Take a seat in a chair not...broken. Sorry about that. Weapons malfunction."

Lasso pushed himself up from the holo projector's edge where he sat on, adjusting his own wrinkled shirt from the fight (his jacket lay over the back of a near-by chair). A few bruises on his face, a small bleeding cut down the right side of his face by his eye, and a fat lip told the story. Not to mention the bruises and cuts hidden by his clothes at the moment.

"We're still waiting on Hanger Chief Ayres. Until Mr. Ayres gets here, I want to introduce myself. I'm Flight Lieutenant Jason Lasso, flight leader with the Mercs. Some of you I have met, some of you I have not met or know very little of. The Doc says I lost my memory in an accident a little while back, so don't play any memory jokes. My memory may be shot, but I can still pull a blaster trigger just fine."

Lasso hoped they knew that was a joke about the blaster trigger. Jason smiled a little to show that he was joking.

"Okay, no more beating around the bush. We'll get to more introductions later. We have a emergency op to fly and you two seem to be the two lucky---or unlucky---pilots for the mission. Take your pick which one. As you all know by now, we're going to hit the Empire where it hurts and bad with our new allies. But we'll be sheep against wolves in that upcoming battle against the Imps if we don't have our ducks in a row. We need a few surprises and Captain Taller seems to have one in the way of some old war prisoners in an old Imp war camp on a space station in the Expanded Regions. Our job, simply put, is to meet up with Yav and his new hot ride of a stolen Imperial cruiser, rescue the prisoners, and then high-tail it to Taller and the Johnny Boy's location for a show down against the Empire. A course, this is all in a perfect universe when nothing goes wrong. Any questions before I go into more detail?"

TAG L_V, CPL, Spy
  6. Vehn Jedi Knight

Johnny Boy Briefing Room

"Okay, no more beating around the bush. We'll get to more introductions later. We have a emergency op to fly and you two seem to be the two lucky---or unlucky---pilots for the mission. Take your pick which one. As you all know by now, we're going to hit the Empire where it hurts and bad with our new allies. But we'll be sheep against wolves in that upcoming battle against the Imps if we don't have our ducks in a row. We need a few surprises and Captain Taller seems to have one in the way of some old war prisoners in an old Imp war camp on a space station in the Expanded Regions. Our job, simply put, is to meet up with Yav and his new hot ride of a stolen Imperial cruiser, rescue the prisoners, and then high-tail it to Taller and the Johnny Boy's location for a show down against the Empire. A course, this is all in a perfect universe when nothing goes wrong. Any questions before I go into more detail?"

Sydney caught the last bit of what Lasso was saying as he entered the briefing room. A few of the pilots were already assembled there and Ayres quickly found a seat as he tried to unwind from the strange machinations of the hangar bay only hours earlier.

His mind wandered to the new toy that was in his office. He had put a lot of hours into testing it to make sure that it worked. That little gem was going to save a lot of lives. Of course, the missions around here kept changing. If for any reason it wasn’t used this time, well, there would be other opportunities. Sensors were invaluable, the eyes that saw through the abyss.

Ayres had questions. Lots of them and they all began and ended with the hangar. Why did it malfunction? Was it sabotage? Whatever had happened, someone had to answer for it. What if there had been an emergency and those hangar doors failed to open? Yeah, that would’ve been one for the road.

Sydney studied Lasso. Wondered if his memory would be coming back, wondered what it would be like to slip into the cockpit seat of the X-Wing that he had helped to rebuild. There were a lot of questions today.

"Where do you want me?"

Tag: No One
  7. Ninja Jedi Master

Johnny Boy Hangar Bay

Kasumi looked at her work. The once rather dingy R2 unit was now shinier. As if he approved Buddy whistled happily. Kasumi smiled and stood up.

“Get rest my friend. You will need it I’m sure.”

Buddy whistled.

“I am heading to get some rest too. Don’t you worry.”

Kasumi watched as her new friend went to stay by the X-Wing. She smiled and she left the hangar and headed back to her quarters. Sure, she could have stayed in the pilots quarters, and she may head that way, but for now the guest quarters served her just fine. It was farther away from everything else and was what she needed.
    She stepped in and locked the door behind her. She lay down and finally let her body rest.

Tag: No one
  8. Sith-I-5 Jedi Knight

OOC: Doing this from a holiday location, so ability to save, limited. Also, I have probably forgotten character names.

IC: Yavscout, Vestor, JOD technician, Gamma-class assault shuttle, under Imperial interdictor, deep space.

After the Strident Haze' rescue, the elf now considered himself an old hand at this space-walking business, but the two Jod accompanying from the drone barge, across to the Imperial assault shuttle in front of them, showed him how experienced they were.

Still, the three crossed to the shuttle roof with it's twin rows of twenty open hatches, and lowered themselves into separate square shafts, their blue vacsuits triggering the closure of the roof hatches, as magnetic boots touched down on the floors of each compartment.

Yavscout looked up at the Interdictor's grey underside, or the square of it, being closed off by the sealing hatch, and waited for the featureless compartment to repressurise.

"I keep expecting to hear lift musak," the tech's voice sounded in the elf's ear.

"This is an Imperial starship, not a shopping mall, remember." Yav reminded, tensely, wondering if the shuttle crew knew they were aboard.

"Sound off," the Kings' Army corporal ordered sternly, "the both of you."

To be continued...
  9. BravoTemp Jedi Knight

GAME MASTER OOG: Ah, whatever! Combat posting is a go! :D

Briefing Room, Johnny Boy, around 10:10am CST

"Where do you want me?"

Lasso looked at the one man that he could remember. "You'll be going with our smuggler friend...whenever he gets here. You will need to assist in the elimination of the Imperial hanger crew, quietly if at all possible, and get that sensors device aboard one of the captured TIEs," Lasso turned and powered up the projector, the following imagine showing itself:

[IMG]

"Taller says that he recently received coded information confirming that there is a strong possibility of a prototype starfighter known as the TIE Advanced x1. Taller wants it. And, he wants you Chief Ayres to get it and install that sensor device to it. Equipped with a hyperdrive, it'll make your life easier getting out of there. Make sure you steal a set of TIE Pilot flight suit or you won't survive long. There's no life support system. Once the TIE Advanced x1 is equipped, you are to high tail it clear. You better work your magic, Chief. You don't have long. Worst case, just throw the device inside and we'll work on installing it later.

"Now, Xan and Aurora. You two are to take out the station's defenses and any enemy contacts that enter space around it. Be careful, our information indicates a squadron of TIE/ln starfighters---some of those TIEs are mostly likely on patrol and not just sitting there---two Sentinel-class landing craft, and a single Lambda-class T-4a shuttle in the hanger bay of the Deep Space Manufacturing Facility. The Deep Space Manufacturing Facility is called The Block and has been transformed as a prisoner death labor camp and is our target for this mission. The station maintains it's factor stock defenses, so be careful of those. There is also a field of space mines around the station and a lone PB-950 patrol boat on patrol duty. That PB-950 can be a surprise if you let it, so be careful.

"While Xan and Aurora deal with the defenses, but not until after Chief Ayres and our smuggler friend have secured the hanger and given the all clear, I'll be chatting up a storm about our "deal" with the facilities' Warden. Once Ayres gives the all-clear and Xan and Aurora start dealing with station defenses, I'll take care of the control center and start the riot to let the prisoners free. Above all costs, we must keep the outside defenses at bay and no enemy contacts are allowed to escape and report. If they do, we'll be out-numbered quickly. Once Yav shows up with his cruiser, we'll have our ticket out of there. We'll board with the cruiser and join back up with the Johnny Boy and start the mission that will hopefully end this Red Rock issue.

"The goal of the mission is to capture that TIE Advanced x1 and free a large number of war prisoners that will staff Yav's captured Imperial cruiser for the upcoming battle for the Red Rock. Any questions?"

TAGL_V, CPL, Spy
  10. BravoTemp Jedi Knight

OOG:

A MUST SEE!!!!!!!!!! Best fan film I have EVER seen involving the Empire! Wow! I.M.P.S.

Chapter 3 is coming out soon, sometime this year per their Facebook page! The first two chapters are grade A!

Mitth, PM coming this weekend with holo message from "He"! :D

IC: King Alex "The Just"
    Authority, King-class Battleship, Expansion Regions escorting the mercenary vessel Johnny Boy, near a dead-planet

Master Zat had taken the first shuttle over and stood behind to the left of King Alex as the King looked down upon the dead-planet below, a planet that was ravaged by war centuries ago and lay silent testament to that war.

"They say," King Alex started as he looked out the windows of the private observation deck to the cold, barren planet below, "That the Alsakan Conflicts laid waste to the Expansion Region. Whole Star Systems are barren of civilization and life [1]. This planet shows the cost of the Alsakan Conflicts...is a testament to those conflicts and what they did. Our sensors picked up numerous debris planet-side, centuries-old cities, and remains of civilizations. We sent down several teams to investigate various areas around the planet. The teams found evidence to suggest this planet was once a Type I atmosphere. Our sensors now show a Type IV atmosphere. Whatever happened here, it happened quick. Human, humanoid, and alien remains are located everywhere in the planet. Debris located around the planet show a large space battle. Maybe one of the larger ships crash landed and set off a massive explosion that...maybe one of the sides set off a weapon of mass destruction. The teams were unable to identify the cause of what turned this once living planet into a dead planet."

Alex turned around to face Zat, "If we don't stop the Empire, or whoever seeks to wield the power of the Red Rock, then The Beasts will overcome this galaxy in a great darkness. The Beasts and their handlers, their creatures of darkness, and their dark sorcerers. Planets like the one below us will soon become every planet in the galaxy. Darth Maximums must be stopped or his anger will consume this galaxy and everyone in it with fire."

"My lord, our House of Royal Intelligence indicates that Maximums forces were destroyed."

"And do you beleive it, Alexander?"

Master Zat straightened, "Well, no, my lord. It all seemed too---"

"Easy," Alex finished for Zat, "Maximums wanted it that way. He's not dead, far from it. The coming darkness will show us Maximums' true nature, his true hatred. And the true power that controls Maximums behind the scenes. Allegiances will be tested...hearts and will tested beyond measure, and everyone's personal allegiance will be known to themselves when the war comes. A war with-in a war. As the Galactic Civil War rages around us, claiming thousands of lives a day, the war that will decide the fate of the galaxy will be a war fought in the shadows and behind closed doors, a game of chess where the victor controls the fate of millions of billions of lives. And where Master Zat does our LORD come into all of this?"

"That we must trust Him who died for our sins, not in our own ability or in man. Even if we loose this upcoming War of Allegiances, the LORD will ensure victory in the end."

"At what cost, Alexander? If we loose, hundreds of billions of lives will be lost."

"That is not our choice, my lord. But is the LORD's to make. We must only obey Him and do our best. The LORD will see to the rest."

"Sometimes, Alexander, I feel like an ant and my faith smaller still, to your faith."

"Do not mistake my words of wisdom of words without pain and trial before they came from my mouth. I, too, have suffered and my faith has been tested. But I understand that even during those times of testing and growing that the LORD is in control and not any other man or circumstance around me. I trust in the LORD's safe guidance, wisdom, and protection."

The King nodded as he moved to a nearby table, "Well, may the LORD be with us in the coming war," The King picked up the Ancient Scrolls that he had given to Zat to deliver to Kasumi, "It is time for her to see these. But only her. No one else must know the contents of the Ancient Scrolls. If they do...all might be lost. Jedi Knight Kasumi and her alone shall carry the burden of this knowledge until it is time to deliver it to the rest. The time as to which she shares with the others, she will know. But it won't be, and must not be, anytime soon. Let the Force guide her in such wisdom. The knowledge within the Ancient Scrolls have the power to build up or destroy the Mercs. The Mercs must survive. You will ensure this, yes, Alexander?"

"I am a old man, my lord. If there is anything else this old war horse can do for my king and for the faith, I will carry your orders onward faithfully until my dying breath."

The King nodded, handed the Ancient Scrolls back to Zat, and padded his friend on the shoulder, "Good, my friend. Good. But," The King looked deep within Master Zat's eyes, "This will be the last time you see me. I can feel it in my bones. Destiny has called her time. I am not long for this world and you, my old war horse, will outlive me by many, many years. Take care."

Zat nodded, holding his friend's hand which was on his shoulder strongly, "Then it has began as the Ancient Scrolls have told us. Take care my friend."

Zat turned and departed towards the blast doors exit, the two Queens' Guardsman snapping to attention to either side of the door as the door opened and closed behind Zat.

Johnny Boy

Back on the Johnny Boy, Zat walked with purpose, careful to hide his presence in the Force, as he sought out Kasumi's Force presence. Once located, he knocked on the door to the Guest Quarters.

Tag Coffee (only Coffee please)

IC: Darth Vader
    Devastator, Imperial-I class Star Destroyer, high-orbit over Gyndine and KDY research shipyards

Vader looked out the bridge viewports of the Devastator at the shipyards below. The Red Rock Central Processing Unit was now in a secured location in the shipyards and under going research and investigation into it's inner workings. The Empire now had the upper hand. All that was left was to transfer the processing unit to Project Zero. But first, the two halves of the legendary Last Battle of the Kingdom of Jod had to fall into the Empire's hands to discover the way to the mythical Kingdom of Jod. Soon, the Jods, the Mercs, and the Rebels would attack. And Vader would destroy them and acquire the painting.

Sooner or later, the Jods and Rebels would attack. With the Mercs with them. If they wanted to save their little kingdom, they would need to. And even if they wanted to avoid such a conflict, once the processing unit came online, it would give the Empire the capability for Red Space travel and the source of unlimited energy. Either way, if they wanted to save their Kingdom or the galaxy, they would have to attack and soon.

Vader had ordered Gyndine's defenses on full alert. All thirty starships were on ready for the coming battle. Vader's personal Star Destroyer, the Devastator, would act as flagship for the Imperial fleet. Vader's other 5 Imperial I-class Star Destroyers were assembled with three protecting the Galactic North side of the star system (or facing Coruscant---North West---and the least likely avenue of approach for any attack, since any attack would have to come from the Core Worlds direction and would end up being a suicidal avenue of attack when Imperial reniforcements came from that direction), with two more acting as the Devastator's escort and the last line of defense around the shipyards. The other thirty Imperial warships were arranged into three "sector groups" in a half-circle formation with each sector group covering the hyperspace exits and entrances into the Gyndine Star System and the approaches to the shipyards. Each sector group was commanded by a Imperial I-class Star Destroyer.

South Group (Galactic South facing; towards Naboo, etc.)
    1 Imperial I-class Star Destroyer Imperial Fist (command ship)
    2 Victory I-class Star Destroyers

1 Vindicator-class Heavy Cruiser (4 TIE Fighter squadrons, 2 TIE Bomber squadrons)
    1 Strike-class Medium Cruisers (planetary assault configuration; 1 TIE Fighter squadron)
    2 Carrack-class Light Cruisers

1 EF76 Nebulon-B Escort Frigate
    2 CR90 Corellian Corvettes

West Group (Galactic West facing; towards Unknown Regions, etc.)
    1 Imperial I-class Star Destroyer Might (command ship)

1 Vindicator-class Heavy Cruiser (4 TIE Fighter squadrons, 2 TIE Bomber squadrons)
    1 Strike-class Medium Cruisers (planetary assault configuration; 1 TIE Fighter squadron)

East Group (Galactic East facing; towards Hutt Space, etc.)
    1 Imperial I-class Star Destroyer Glory (command ship)

While the three sector groups themselves did a excellent job of keeping the system safe and secure, the shipyards and planet of Gyndine itself were protected by 14 Golan III Space Defense NovaGuns (3 on each North, South, East, West sides of the planet and one on each polar end of the planet), which were supported by 28 XQ6 Platforms (6 for each N,S,E,W sides of the planet and 2 each for the polar ends of the planet), together with the NovaGuns acting as central command and control stations, covered a wide area of their assigned area of the planet to protect. With the traffic of cargo fleets at Gyndine's space port (and staging area for military task forces) [2], Gyndine was a busy place any day of the week.

The planet itself was also home to numerous Imperial Army (Imperial Army Troopers) forces, Imperial administrative facilities for the Moff, and an Imperial prefabricated garrison base with Imperial Stormtroopers garrisoned there.

Vader felt safe, and ready, for any attack.

Tag Sith for defense details

References:

[1] Star Wars The Essential Atlas, P. 22

[2] Star Wars The Essential Atlas, P. 22
  11. BravoTemp Jedi Knight

OOG: I am extremely sorry for the breaking the more then 2 back-to-back post rule. I've been working my tail off trying to get the game set back up and running for Intervention's players and staff. There's a lot to do and only so much I've been able to get done each time I'm online. The hope is that either A) someone will post before I post this or, if not, B) this should be the last post to catch the game up on my end of things. Once again, I am extremely sorry.

With the following imagines, I'm no artist. So I ask that you use the imagines provided and translate them to the Star Wars universe accordingly.

Mods, I am trying to censor the imagines the best I can. If any of the imagines seem to break any boards rules, please feel free to edit accordingly. Thank you. :)

Guest Quarters, Johnny Boy, Expansion Regions

He sat there quietly, mediating on the Force. He could feel the void of life on the dead planet below and it felt as a sharp dagger in the Force, it's pain unmistakable. Despite Zat's best efforts, He had been trained very well and could feel the Master approach Kasumi's door just a few feet away from his own room, the same room that both he and Zat had been trapped in during the last battle and the same room that had since been repaired. There two Queen Guardsmen stood quiet watch outside He's room and no doubt Zat's movements in the corridor as well.

He was also reflecting on his recent actions as he sat in the middle of the floor, legs crossed, hands resting on his legs, and eyes closed. He had broken his people's vow of silence to their enemies. He had sent Chris Streets a holo message. He was trying to calm his own spirit about such grave disobedience. He had not spoken to Street in person or in the holo message, keeping his people's tradition true in that sense, but he did, however, type words to an enemy, which was forbidden.

The holo message had been simple as He remembered it. Streets had escaped death by He's hands once many years ago while on He's planet, but He would make sure it would not happen again.

To: Lieutenant Commander Chris Street
    Encrypted: Yes
    Subject: My People
    Body:

I have not forgotten. And I will have my vengeance.

[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
    [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
    [IMG][IMG][IMG]
    [IMG][IMG][IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

End Message.

Tag Mitth

Bridge, Johnny Boy, Expansion Region

Taller looked at Commander Terrel Vacks, "Lasso is using the Briefing Room. Get whoever else is not involved in Lasso's mission to the Mess Hall ASAP. It's time we unload onto the crew the plan."

Terrel nodded, then grabbed the intercom, "All crew not in the briefing room, please report to the Mess Hall for a mission briefing in fifteen minutes. I repeat, all crew not involved in the briefing room, please report to the mess hall. Red Ocean crew, please report there as well. Vacks out."

Tag All (except for briefing room)
  12. Ninja Jedi Master

Johnny Boy, Guest Quarters

Kasumi had been awake after what she guessed was a few hours of sleep. She still hadn't gotten used to the telling of time in space. She needed the sun on Endor for that. It wasn't really a rude awakening, more of the nagging that she had had before. There was so much more that the King was not telling anyone, and the sadness in his feelings were clear, if even just to her. It was that sadness that woke her. She stood staring out at the stars wondering why the sadness....outside of the loss of his son. There was sadness for his people, sadness for his wife.....but why? Was is the fear of failure and what that may mean to his people and his world? No, that wasn't quite it.....there was more to it than that. Even the sadness was complicated. It was almost a calm sadness....and acceptance of fate maybe?

"All crew not in the briefing room, please report to the Mess Hall for a mission briefing in fifteen minutes. I repeat, all crew not involved in the briefing room, please report to the mess hall. Red Ocean crew, please report there as well. Vacks out."

Kasumi sighed a bit. Ah yes, the mission. There was more to this then even the captain knew....or rather more than he was letting on in general. She hoped that others were able to get some rest, as even she knew that going into a mission tired spelled certain doom for all. As she prepared to head to the mess hall, she heard the knock on the door. Kasumi got up and opened the door. She bowed slightly upon seeing the Jedi Master.

"Master Zat. Please come in."

Kasumi backed up a bit to allow him room to step in.

"What can I do for you, and or should I ask, what can I do for his majesty the King?"

Tag: Bravo
  13. Falcon CR Test Mod

IC Fress Colias/Saber

"All crew not in the briefing room, please report to the Mess Hall for a mission briefing in fifteen minutes. I repeat, all crew not involved in the briefing room, please report to the mess hall. Red Ocean crew, please report there as well. Vacks out."

Saber rolled to Fress’s side and reached his little arm attachment out and started poking her. Fress swatted his arm away and rolled over mumbling something about leaving her alone.

Saber poked Fress again this time emitting an electric shock causing her eyes to fly open. They looked red to him with intense blue staring at him and were very angry. He replayed the message for her causing Fress to groan and sit up rubbing her eyes.

``Has anyone ever heard of sleep around here?” Fress grumbled as she stood up and pulled her jacket on. “I’m not that young anymore.”

Saber followed Fress out of the room as she walked down the hallway towards the mess hall. This better be important or someone’s head will roll. She was ready for sleep and needed some or she was going to get herself killed behind the stick.

Fress entered the mess hall and glanced around. Not many had shown up yet, and she suspected they didn’t have an electric shock alarm clock. She glared at Saber. “Don’t wake me up like that again unless it’s life and death or we’re being attacked. Okay?”

Saber beeped an apology as Fress sat down in a chair. She was under the impression they were going to Watava but she had a feeling the mission just changed. There was a disturbance in the Force not that long ago.

Not seeing Taller anywhere she placed her head into her hand and closed her eyes. “If anyone wakes me before the briefing starts will end up receiving a Force wedgie.”

Tag anyone
  14. BravoTemp Jedi Knight

OOG: Force wedgie? That was GREAT! [face_rofl]

Headed to work, so I can only get one post in before I leave.

IC: Jedi Master Alexander Zat
    Guest Quarters, Johnny Boy, Expansion Region

"What can I do for you, and or should I ask, what can I do for his majesty the King?"

"Your insight serves you well, Jedi Kasumi. A seat?" Kasumi nodded and Zat took one of the seats with a sigh of relief, the door to the Guest Quarters closing, "Sometimes you don't know your getting old until you sit down. Now," Zat unwrapped the Ancient Scrolls from the equally ancient faded cloth that enclosed them, slowly undoing the brown rope that held it all together, then unwrapping the cloth, "You had inquired of King Alex to see the Ancient Scrolls the other day. While his majesty was aware of many such requests beyond just yours, he has chosen you. First, for your strength. His majesty sees a strength deep rooted in you, Jedi Kasumi, a strength that is not easy to give up or turn away from what must be done. Second, your wisdom. The King has watched you and you have displayed a wonderful ability to be wise and patient beyond your years. And thirdly, your understanding of culture. You understand the Kingdom of Jod culture, to the degree that you know us now at least, which will be of up most value to you in the war that is soon to be upon the galaxy. Now," Zat had the scrolls completely unwrapped now and placed the three scrolls on the table, the cloth and rope neatly folded next to them,"You must understand that, once I tell you the information contained within the Ancient Scrolls, you thrust upon yourself a responsibility beyond anything you have ever encountered before. There will be joy in such knowledge...but there will also be great sadness. You must bear it all and alone. No one is allowed to read these Ancient Scrolls now beyond you, if you accept this responsibility. In time, you will be able to tell the others, but only at the guidance of the Force and it's timing. For anyone who tries to read these Ancient Scrolls beyond you, they will be unable to understand the text written or the meaning behind such words. Only you, with help from the Force, will be able to understand such secrets. Do you accept this responsibility?"

Tag Coffee
  15. Ninja Jedi Master

Johnny Boy, Guest Quarters

Kasumi took everything in. She knew that the scrolls were a heavy burden, but she also knew that there was knowledge in them that she needed to understand. The Force was telling her that much. She gently ran her hand across the ancient paper.

“Master Zat, there is much about me that you don’t know and your King knows even less about me. Yet, I have been found worthy of this knowledge and for that I am honored. I accept this weight, as I know what is contained in these scrolls is something that will help us all….but if it is not known or understood, and disappears like so much has, then all could be lost.”

Tag: Bravo
  16. BravoTemp Jedi Knight

Mess Hall, Johnny Boy, Expansion Region

Taller's hover chair drove him into the Mess Hall. Fress, one of the most punctuational people Taller has ever known, was there first. With her head in her hands, Taller was very hestistant to disturb her, for he did catch the last words of "Force wedgie" come out of her mouth. Rick had never had the opportunity for such a event to happen to him, but he didn't know how excited he would be for it to happen at all. With the ever forward thinking mind that he was, Taller leaned over and whispered to Dak who had just entered the Mess Hall and did not hear Fress' words, "Hey, go over there and wake up Fress."

"A course, Captain," Dak said. The droid walked over, bowed respectfully to the other droid in his presence and proceeded to tap Fress gently on the shoulder, "Excuse me, Flying Officer Fress..."

Tag Falcon :p

IC: NPCs

Master Sergeant PJ Warrant sat, quite happily, on the floor of his quest quarters with his head against his bunk, singing When Johnny Comes Marching Home.

Warrant Officer I Hover, over at the table in the middle of the room, shook his head as he admired his Rebel comrade, "Have you ever seen such a big man so drunk before?"

Warrant Officer II Data shook his head as he sat across from Hover and took a swig of his own alcoholic drink, "Nope. But that is his third one in a mug bigger then my head."

Timmy "Old Man Blue" Waters sat at the same table between the two Rebel soldiers, "Well, I'm not one for drinking, but I have to admit the man is quite enjoying himself."

Hover nodded, "Well, I'll drink to that."

"You have to have a drink to drink to that, Hover. In Warrant's terms, at least."

"Easy on the fire, Data. Don't be judging a man for his humble orange juice. You get in a fire fight and see who wins. The drunk man or the man who drank the orange juice and can shoot straight."

"Ain't like Taller is going to use us. We haven't seen a lick of blaster fire since Red Ocean."

"Its not like the Mercs have been on a ground mission recently, Data. We're ground ponders, remember?"

Timmy's comlink went off and he listened to the message from Vacks and looked over at the two soldiers, "What do we do with Warrant? We just got picked for a ground op."

"What ground op? Watava is blasted says the rumor mill."

"The rumor mill serves you right, Data," Old Man Blue said, "Per Vacks' message. But we got a op that only Rebels can do."

"Like what?"

"Like a big ugly Imperial shipyard. You want in?"

"I never knew I had a choice."

"We're mercenaries now. We don't have to follow no orders anymore. Just the money."

"Well, what about Warrant?"

"Coffee?"

"For that big boy? They don't make enough in the galaxy to get that boy sober in time."

No Tag
  17. Falcon CR Test Mod

OOG I guess Taller isn’t taking any chances is he? Sending the droid as a precaution :p self-preservation

Fress felt someone shake her shoulder causing her to groan.

"Excuse me, Flying Officer Fress..."

Fress recognized Dak’s voice as she opened her eyes and raised her head. If she remembered correctly Dak was Taller’s assistant which only meant the Captain was in the room. She gave a sheepish smile as she turned her attention to Taller but it was short lived.

Fress glanced around and noticed no one had entered the room yet. Sorry,” she quickly apologized then frowned as she remembered the disturbance in the Force. “There was a disturbance in the Force a couple of hours ago. Our mission changed, hasn’t it?”

Tag Bravo, anyone
  18. BravoTemp Jedi Knight

OOG: Inspiration of the portal below came from Fable II and Fable III, video games for the X-Box 360. Also, from Stargate (movie, 1994).

IC: Jedi Master Alexander Zat

“Master Zat, there is much about me that you don’t know and your King knows even less about me. Yet, I have been found worthy of this knowledge and for that I am honored. I accept this weight, as I know what is contained in these scrolls is something that will help us all….but if it is not known or understood, and disappears like so much has, then all could be lost.”

"Then it begins, as the prophecies in the Ancient Scrolls tell us," Zat stood up and laid one of the Scrolls down on the floor; Zat waved his hand gently over the paper, as he would a Jedi Mind Trick, and suddenly the black ink on the ancient papers came to life, morphing upwards like a creature from a deep sea, and then suddenly a bright light flashed. Where once there was black ink that was turning into a terrifying creature of the ocean, now there was a watery-like portal, the exit (and blast door) of the Guest Quarters being distorted, but visible, as one would see them through a slurred watery substance.

Zat looked at Kasumi, "When I was training at the Jedi Temple on Coruscant, Jedi Master Yoda would always repeat these words to us: You must unlearn what you have learned."

Zat reached back and grabbed the Ancient Scrolls and wrapped them back up, including the one that lay on the ground. He took a step towards the portal and when his body was a quarter way through, he looked back at Kasumi, "Be ready. Many things will change."

The journey through the portal was like one being shot through a surf wave at extremely high speeds. The watery substance, however, was soft, and clung to your body like liquid gel, but it would slip off of you as you moved. You moved through what seemed to be the universe, stars were all around you, planets, everything. Then, in a matter of moments, a bright light came racing at you and you blacked out.

Another Time

Birds sang, the fresh breeze of air could be felt on one's face; It was gently warm, as if the sun was throwing it's rays on you on a spring day. Zat looked like himself, felt like himself, was was much different, as in clothing. He was adorned with the following clothing style from the 16th century:

[IMG][IMG]

Zat looked around, trying to get a gauge on his surroundings. Where had the Ancient Scrolls taken them? He could, very clearly, understand that this was the Kingdom of Jod...but of when?

He knew from his clothing style, which labeled him part of nobility, would either bring him great luck or great harm in this time. Yes, the Kingdom of Jod of today, well of where they came from on the Johnny Boy, wore similar clothes for the nobility. But the working class and middle class wore much more of a 18th century and 19th century style clothing. Once again, knowledge was power. But that knowledge had to be gained first in order to be power, especially if Zat and Kasumi hoped to survive. That was the thing about the Ancient Scrolls...they were realistic, maybe a bit so for Zat's tastes. If they were a decade prior to their present time on the Johnny Boy, then there was a good chance that Zat and Kasumi would have a tough go at this time traveling business. It was a time of secret meetings, late night deals, and treason against Queen and Country.

In the distance, Zat could hear (and feel) the sound of horses. He looked over and saw Kasumi, in a dress of the 16th century, and saw that she was quite passed out. The first time always did that to you. She would wake up feeling like she was on fire, then the hot burning sensation would leave her skin in a few minutes. The feeling never went away, no matter how many times you traveled with the Ancient Scrolls. Zat had just got use to it and learned to ignore it.

He shook the Jedi Knight gently, hoping to wake her up. They would have to move quickly and stay hidden until Zat could determine who was riding towards them was friend or foe. They were in a open field with a green forest to their right and a river bed and another forest to their left. There was more forest to their rear. The sounds of horses was coming directly ahead, where the forest gave way to rolling grassy hills.

Kasumi would wake up to discover her lightsaber and everything Jedi-like on her was gone. The Ancient Scrolls traveled you to a time period, but the catch was, you would look like that time period. She would have use of the Force, however.

Tag Coffee
  19. BravoTemp Jedi Knight

Mess Hall, Johnny Boy, Expansion Region

Fress glanced around and noticed no one had entered the room yet. Sorry,” she quickly apologized then frowned as she remembered the disturbance in the Force. “There was a disturbance in the Force a couple of hours ago. Our mission changed, hasn’t it?”

Taller hovered his chair forward, smirking, "It's hard to keep secrets from Jedi, isn't it? But yes, it has changed. The Empire decided that Watava was too great of a threat and Base Delta Zeroed the planet. To say the least, the Empire got what they wanted first, the Red Rock Processor we were looking for. Now we're chasing the Empire down for it before they do something they don't expect. And I don't know what that is. But the Jod fellas are all up tense about it being the end of the galaxy if we don't stop the Empire. So, to say the least, yea, the mission has changed. How good are you with a blaster and staying hidden? Your going to need it...trust me."

Tag Falcon
  20. Sith-I-5 Jedi Knight

IC: Pilot Officer Yavscout, Gamma-class assault shuttle, deep space

"This is nicer than my apartment," the elf paraphrased from a holo-movie, looking around the large cylinder with over-rated interest, seeing as there was nothing to look at. It had to accomodate Zero-G space-trooper armour, so had plenty of room.

An unseen door formed out of a section of the curved grey wall, moved out, and slid out of sight.

Yav tensed, waiting for a laser bolt to ricochet into the compartment, then cautiously poked his visored head out, spying the large area filled with rows of seats, nineteen other compartments like his own (ten forming the opposite wall), and a glowing arrow pointing the way to the fresher.

The Jod soldier appeared, and signalled for silence, then that they should move towards the cockpit to the elf's left.

Yav indicated the fresher, intending to suggest that they should check it in case it was occupied.

You want to go pee-pee? Vestor mouthed through his visor.

No, I don't want to go fragging pee-pee! The Merc glared, You know what, drokk it! He emerged fulling from the airlock, and stalked sarcastically past both Jod, and opened the fresher door, seeing that it was empty. Fresher secure. He mouthed pointedly to their backs as both stormed into the cockpit compartment, his helmet comlink relaying the soldier's words to an unseen Imperial crew:

"Nobody move! We claim this ship in the name of the Kingdom of Jod!"

"Hope you remembered to bring a flag." The SGIS agent quipped, moving to join his compatriots.

TO BE CONTINUED...