1. The NEW boards are up and running!
    Boards.TheForce.net

POSTING ON THIS BOARD HAS BEEN DISABLED

MOD Lit + EUC Merger Poll

Discussion in 'Expanded Universe' started by Rogue_Follower, Apr 20, 2012.

?

Should Lit and EUC be merged into one forum?

Merge 48 vote(s) 40.0%
Don't merge 72 vote(s) 60.0%
  1. Coric Force Ghost

Pull a LACWAC and get yourselves separated. :p
    Kais Jai Sheelal likes this.
  2. Bardan Jusik EUC 1st Mando Chancellor

Too much effort and drama to go ahead and do that. :p

In seriousness, even though I have argued against any merger, I would hope everyone would abide the Mod Squad's decision whatever it turns out to be. We have been given a chance that not alot of other forums would give their posters, to let our own feelings be heard on the way things are run. We should all be appreciative of that and respect their decision.
    kataja likes this.
  3. Rogue_Follower Lit Moderator

We will announce our decision shortly. A press conference has been scheduled at 11:00 PM Eastern time.
  4. Kais Jai Sheelal Jedi Grand Master

We shall alert the media :p
  5. Rogue_Follower Lit Moderator

Oh yeah, this thing. Um...

There will be no merger.

It's clear from this thread that most users are not in favor of such a significant change. Some of us mods still feel that merging would bring additional vitality to Lit and EUC, but we also feel the userbase needs to be on board. That's not the case, so Lit and EUC will stay separate.
    colojedi7 and Kais Jai Sheelal like this.
  6. Grand Admiral Jello Community and Expanded Universe mod-type person

That said, we will be merging our Lit mods. There will now only be two Lit mods, named Rogue Hydronium and The2ndHavac.
  7. s65horsey Jedi Grand Master

I'd like to say that I intend to do better at recruiting people for cross forum posting. Perhaps if we do better at that concept first maybe this won't be such a community shock if this ever comes up again.
  8. Todd the Jedi Jedi Grand Master

Since we've been at the temp boards, my cross-board posting has actually increased tenfold. So while some of the merged stuff is helpful, it's IMO not necessary to fully appreciate the boards. I forget when I voted, but I think my stance has changed from merge to don't merge.
  9. Bardan Jusik EUC 1st Mando Chancellor

So long as the EUC doesn't follow suit. I don't know if we could handle a Grand Admiral Sinre! Or would it be Jellorebirth? :p
  10. Rew Jedi Master

Well, I still disagree with this pretty strongly, but since by this point I'm pretty much the only one who feels this way, and I've argued for it way more than I should've, I'm just going to shut up now and go with the flow.
  11. PointGiven Jedi Grand Master

Super Kyle!
    Ulicus and s65horsey like this.
  12. FiveThreeOhNine Jedi Grand Master

Unfortunate, I really enjoyed the time Lit and EUC spent together. I hope both stay in touch, but I have a feeling they won't.

See ya when I see ya, EUC. At some point, I'll be walking down the Expanded Universe aisle of the Jedi Council grocery store, looking for some frozen Literature, and maybe I'll see you. At the very least I'll make eye contact and smile, the rest is up to you.
  13. KissMeImARebel Jedi Master

I don't like change. Don't merge.